Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Calling all dragon slayers!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1815313-calling-all-dragon-slayers/

Author:   The shadow wolf
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:23am (PST)
Subject:   Calling all dragon slayers!!
-------------------------------------------
Hey this is for dragon hunters only. Dragon hunters! Post up you fav skills and equipment for killing and hunting dragon and put up locations where you can find the dragon so yeah hope you guys are skilled dragon hunters for this enjoy!

Author:   Earthangelo
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 2:50pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Calling all dragon slayers!!
I use full fine steel plate armor, a fine leven war axe, and a dwarven or orcish shield. The best way to fight a dragon is to block its arial attacks and when it gets on the ground repeat this: Shield bash, hit until it flys off. i have killed at least 15 dragons with this gear and technique. Hope it helps!

Author:   Earthangelo
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 2:52pm (PST)
Oh yeah and finding dragons is easy. Instead of fast travelling to a quest location, just walk and you will usually find a dragon. Also, dragons usually attack you when you go out of a hold or a town. Though i recomond not fast travelling. i dont know actual locations, but this should help

Author:   Kommando
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 3:07pm (PST)
Easiest way to kill dragons-
1. Get destruction impact perk
2. use high power fortify destruction enchants and potions.
3. dragonrend it down and dual cast spam thunderbolt.

Second easiest way
1. Be orc
2. make legendary daedric armor and 2 legendary dragonbone maces
3. dragonrend it to the ground.
4 activate Berserk
5.SMASH FACE

Common locations: Word Walls and College.

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 1:25pm (PST)
All I need to slay a dragon is my Ebony Bow of Burning Hunger... Any dragon I see is dead before it realises it's been hit...

I find it funny that dead dragons fly to a suitable patch of land, instead of just falling from the sky... A dead dragon flew close enough for me to absorb it's soul while it was mid-air..

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 1:40pm (PST)
I've noticed dragons appear quite often after I finished the main quest and got all words of powers (not sure if it's a side-effect of the spend souls for perks addon I've got though).

If you have got enchants though, the best is to get your frost and fire resistances since that will pretty much reduce damage from them breathing all over you. As soon as you get dragonrend though, it's pretty much a game over for a dragon. That and just spam power attacks. I'm not that accurate with a bow against dragons TBH, especially when arrows tend to fly a bit random at times. Like hitting badly done collision cells.

Author:   TheFollenOne
Date:   Mar 29, 13 at 6:18pm (PST)
I use orcish armor and the 2h axe and power attack its face. Has a epic finisher.

Author:   Occasus
Date:   Mar 29, 13 at 9:25pm (PST)
1. Get Dragon Combat Overhaul
2. Get knocked the hell over every time the dragon lands nearby, lifts off or passes closely overhead.
3. Attack the wings with arrows and everything else.
4. Hope it can't fly anymore at 35%...
5. Nope.
6. Watch Markarth guard shoot it out of the sky and have it land at the top of the highest waterfall in Markarth.
7. Yell obscenities.
8. Find another.

Author:   carous Elambra
Date:   Mar 30, 13 at 5:44am (PST)
Load it with arrows in the air and One-handed the shit out of it's toothy beak when it lands

Author:   harbin
Date:   Mar 30, 13 at 10:06am (PST)
Assuming it's on the ground already. If not on ground, skip to step 3.
1. Equip selfmade Bow of Dragonbane (actually Dragonbone bow with Frost and Fire damage enchants).
2. Sneak up and fire a shot.
3. Quickly blast a Dragonrend at it and shout at scream if it misses.
4. Equip Bow and waste arrows trying to shoot the bastard and missing until it lands.
5. Equip Dovahtuz (actually 1H Dragonbone sword, with same enchants as bow)
6. Start hacking at it with power attacks, blocking where necessary.
7. Repeat steps 3~5 if it's not dead yet.
8. Marvel in victory.

Although I've only just gotten around to installing Dragon Combat Overhaul so that will probably change when I learn.

Author:   supergoji18
Date:   Mar 30, 13 at 10:34am (PST)
Nakhariin Mask
Archmage Robes
Necromancer's Amulet
Ring of Erudite
Ebony Boots of Frost Suppression
Ebony Gauntlets of Extreme Wielding

Conjure 2 Storm Atronachs, Break out some Chain Lighting spells, use Dragon Rend, and watch as even Legendary Dragons fall prey to you.

With all that lighting hitting them, their Magika will be completely drained and thus they will be unable to use their Shouts.

If I'm feeling lucky I'll just pump out a Lightning Storm spell and incinerate the ugly lizards.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Mar 30, 13 at 10:51am (PST)
Two easiest ways to kill dragons.

Full Daedric, with dual unenchanted Daedric swords. Elemental fury (esp. if you have all 3 shouts)

Kill any dragon in one or two (or in rare cases, 3 or 4 perhaps) Dual Flurry attacks.

Mage route: Impact x2 skill, I use Incinierate so I boost Fire Impact, which means everything staggers when hit with dual cast, even dragons and Giants. Dual Cast Incinerate whilst wearing clothing that renders magicka cost 0 for destruction. Laugh at stupid dragon that gets killed by a vampire in broad daylight because no magicka drain = irrelevant that I'm a vampire and thus suffer massively reduced magicka regen. I haven't played the game in a while, but this is how my mage is set up: Mage-Thief character; Eridia

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.