Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Who Would You Worship And Why - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1794338-who-would-you-worship/

Author:   ReligiousKitten
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 6:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Who Would You Worship And Why
-------------------------------------------
What Daedra would you worship ? Or do you worship Aedra, it doesn't really matter but I'm just curious, is it cause of the Blessing you receive or just the Daedra itself you like ?
I'm thinking about Sithis, an Aedra, or Mephala, or perhaps Nocturnal.
What do you guys think ?
RK

Author:   Skyler_x_Mandy
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 4:02am (PST)
Subject:   re: Who Would You Worship And Why
Hermaeus Mora. Because he's all-knowing, but still straight forward with you.

Mora: Want to do some evil sh*t?

Me: Okay.
You gotta love that artifact, and that accent he has.
"Come closer, bashk in mah presunshe." he's a daedric Sean Connery.

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 6:13am (PST)
Akatosh, he's the god of Time, that and he's a bigass dragon human thing depending on the depiction.

Author:   thetwilight
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 6:23am (PST)
Maven Black Briar. Sexy.

Author:   gobi1972
Date:   Nov 20, 12 at 6:18pm (PST)
Have not decided yet. Up to 100 hours in Skyrim now. Longest game I have ever played in PS3.

Author:   Anubis
Date:   Nov 20, 12 at 6:55pm (PST)
Talos (Tiber Septim). He was a warrior who was made a God. That fits right into my Elder Scrolls belief system.

Plus he's a damn Dragonborn

Author:   Resilience
Date:   Nov 20, 12 at 7:00pm (PST)
Astrid. I don't like that rotten hag.

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Nov 20, 12 at 8:26pm (PST)
No one. I'm the god-damned Dragonborn or Hero of Kvatch/Champion of Cyrodil/Savior of Bruma/Second Divine Crusader/Sheogorath the Prince of Madness or The Nerevarine... and every minor title besides... etc.

Otherwise I would go with Sheogorath. The Champion of Cyrodil Sheogorath to be clear.

Author:   Axe
Date:   Nov 20, 12 at 8:46pm (PST)
quote SpartanNinja
No one. I'm the god-damned Dragonborn or Hero of Kvatch/Champion of Cyrodil/Savior of Bruma/Second Divine Crusader/Sheogorath the Prince of Madness or The Nerevarine... and every minor title besides... etc.

Otherwise I would go with Sheogorath. The Champion of Cyrodil Sheogorath to be clear.

Worshiping yourself again, My Lord?

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Nov 20, 12 at 8:59pm (PST)
quote Axe
quote SpartanNinja

Worshiping yourself again, My Lord?
Of course minion!

No but seriously The last 3 protagonist have each killed a Aedra/Daedra. Dragonborn kills Alduin/Akatosh (well mostly), The Champion defeats Mehrunes Dagon and Jyggalag (and frees the old Sheogorath from that which he hates), And the Nerevarine kills part of the Tribunal... Talos is merely an ascended Nord (albeit an badass one). Why should I worship any of these 'gods' when I can kill them?

And Skyrim's Sheogorath gives us an odd opportunity to technically worship a past incarnation of oneself...

Author:   ninja fish23
Date:   Dec 22, 12 at 7:22pm (PST)
talos fo sho...he looks awesome hes the devine of battle and basicly...i hate the empire the empire hates talos therefor i love talos

fear the fish

Author:   battousai
Date:   Dec 22, 12 at 7:50pm (PST)
Dibella, I wouldn't mind having a statue of her in my room... that's inflatable

But seriously, she's just so awesome, she even kicks Nocturnal's butt, sure, Nocs is hot, but she's just teasing with that revealing robe, while Dibs just said "eff it, I'll go topless".

Also, since Daedric princes have no set gender (Boethia's gender bending), for all we know, Nocturnal could be a trap and have a sausage hidden in "her" robes! D:

Author:   RainbowUmbreon
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 3:50am (PST)
sheogorath because well shivering isles was awesome and he is a fellow irish man

Author:   Lupa Voss
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 4:12am (PST)
Hm, well it's kinda a three way tie now isn't it? My patron deity is Sheogorath because he gave me the WABBAJACK! And taught me how to do the fish stick (it's a very delicate state of mind); not to mention that in RL I'm crazier than a sack full of cats and Sheogorath could very well be my Dad!
Then there's Sanguine, he taught me the power of friendship and who to never drink with again because they get you married to a hagraven even if you're a female as well! Then gave me the Rose of Sanguine which turns my enemies into a dremora. Not a bad night- if you can forget about the hagraven...
And lastly is myself. The Almighty Dragonborn. Badass in a suit of Daedric armor. Please, please, hold your applause, aw who am I kidding? Go ahead, clap for your ruler! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! *cough* yes well. I think that just about wraps in up. So as a recap, #1 Sheogorath Daedric Prince of Madness #2 Sanguine Daedric Prince of Debauchery And #3 Me, myself, and I.

Author:   Robot Hive
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 5:52am (PST)
Mine be no more a true account of hoary worship than any other but, a'ight, let's misinterpret El-Estia's glory as god-logic.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.