Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Rumor: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's next DLC data mined, 'Dragonborn' returns to Solstheim - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1776893-rumor-elder-scrolls-skyrims-next-dlc-data-mined-dragonborn-returns-to-solstheim/2.htm

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 5:43pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Rumor: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's next DLC data mined, 'Dragonborn' returns to Solstheim
-------------------------------------------
You guys are arguing over an optional part of an optional dlc...

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 6:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Rumor: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's next DLC data mined, 'Dragonborn' returns to Solstheim
quote SpartanNinja
Unconfirmed optional part of an unconfirmed optional DLC, rather.

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 7:20pm (PST)
I find it rather selfish to say that just because you don't like/want something nobody else should get to have it either. If you don't like it then don't buy it, but don't complain about it being there for the people that do (not calling anyone selfish, talking about the if I can't have it nobody can mentality here). Flying doesn't give you the same experience as walking but why should it, whats the point if it doesn't offer anything new?. I don't have a problem with fast travel as long as its for long distances, such as to the other side a map.

Having a dragon for a companion is a good idea if its in the same manner as the horse, with a shout that commands it a la Epona's Song. I wonder if there would be a good way to let you pick and change the dragon you have without interrupting normal game play while still making sense.

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 9:11pm (PST)
quote Ditnopota
quote SpartanNinja
Unconfirmed optional part of an unconfirmed optional DLC, rather.
Love me some uncomfirmed optional shit.

Zombie_Barioth - Hah, sorry if you got that impression from me. I just think it's silly to fly a behemoth that's the main enemy of the game. And it seems odd a Dragon would offer himself you to be his ride when they have to 1) have great respect for you and 2) not be scared shitless of you.

Author:   Bob104
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 10:03pm (PST)
What Lyonnais mentioned on the 1st page sounds probable to me. The dragon riding being more like a cutscene/fast-travel kinda thing rather than being similar to riding horses. It would certainly be a lot easier to implement and fit with what we have so far.

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 11:40pm (PST)
Lyonnais No worries, I've been down that road myself. I get what you mean I'd be like Link teaming up with Vaati to defeat Ganon.

Dragons are easily the smartest enemies in the game by far and certainly far smarter than your horse, but it would be interesting to see how they would explain it in the game. As for actually riding them they could have it so you have to prove yourself to it first.

Author:   mrJ
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 12:55am (PST)
If dragon riding is only a cutscene it would be extremely disappointing, I don't see myself using that feature. Being able to ride a dragon might solve that 'Mountain ahead, oh sh!t' part. What I'd actually want, is the followers to have a horse first, from a roleplaying point of view I can understand Lydia walking on foot carrying the Dova's burdens, but Cicero with his tiny feet?

Author:   MrGrimm
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 9:12am (PST)
It is more than a 100 years later right? Maybe Hircine would be back. Another Bloodmoon?

But I find it strange that they would revisit Solstheim. They have never revisited any territories before. They've always moved onto different ones.

Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 9:30am (PST)
quote MrGrimm
It is more than a 100 years later right? Maybe Hircine would be back. Another Bloodmoon?

But I find it strange that they would revisit Solstheim. They have never revisited any territories before. They've always moved onto different ones.
I do believe the Bloodmoon has already passed... then again the only reason I think that is because of a certain quest involving Hircine.

Solstheim is definitely interesting being as it's one of the only places in Tamriel that is really up in the air on where it's allegiances are (before the war of course). It's now supposedly been gifted to the Dunmer, but if anyone has played Bloodmoon before they would agree that it's definitely more Nordic and even Imperial than it is Dunmeric.

Another interesting thing is that throughout Skyrim they never really took advantage of the Dunmer v Nords. I mean they only had like 60 Dunmer in Skyrim so there wasn't really a lot to expand on. Where as in Morrowind it was a bit more evident that the Dunmer hate the Nords and want them to go burn rather than go to a Mead Hall.

Author:   samwise995
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 12:43pm (PST)
Its so annoying that PS3 hasn't been getting any DLC. I hope we at least get this, but we probably won't because Bethesda will probably make both Dawnguard and Hearthfire required.

Author:   Drogo Baggins
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 1:05pm (PST)
quote samwise995
Its so annoying that PS3 hasn't been getting any DLC. I hope we at least get this, but we probably won't because Bethesda will probably make both Dawnguard and Hearthfire required.
As a Skyrim PS3 player, it pains me to say this, but I don't see this DLC hitting the PS3.

I mean, riding horses makes the game stutter and jump around for me. I think flying a dragon, which would likely be at least twice as fast as a horse, would make my console explode.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 1:07pm (PST)
'Update - Spears!' just appeared on teh Sub-Heading of this thread. Not fussed about those either unless i can throw it and pick it back up.

quote Drogo Baggins
quote samwise995
As a Skyrim PS3 player, it pains me to say this, but I don't see this DLC hitting the PS3.

I mean, riding horses makes the game stutter and jump around for me. I think flying a dragon, which would likely be at least twice as fast as a horse, would make my console explode.
I know its evil, but i laughed at this.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 1:15pm (PST)
Flyable dragons are so better than horses that die because they bounce on the ground.

Plus most time you can't fast travel to places you haven't visited or if your near enemies, who is gonna start on you if your on a dragon.

Alot more weapons and armour would be nice. Whilst armour cap his hit easy alot of it doesn't seem to catch my eye.

Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 1:20pm (PST)
quote samwise995
I read somewhere that this DLC is actually being coded for the PS3 first actually. That doesn't mean they're going to get it first, but at least this will be workable.

But you hear a lot of stuff on the internet, but I've heard it flung around quite a bit.

Author:   Peace-Child
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 2:34pm (PST)
Spears and crossbows now? Time to reincarnate my Morrowind character.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.