Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Vampire lord or werewolf? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1771167-vampire-lord-werewolf/

Author:   Dogfood95
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 4:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Vampire lord or werewolf?
-------------------------------------------
I am a vampire lord and love it but have not tried being a werewolf sence I got dawn guard, what are the perks in the werewolf perk tree and what is better in your option?

Author:   CatouttaHell
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:43pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Vampire lord or werewolf?
Vampire Lord all the way. You get to summon Gargoyles (the most OP summon in the game even without the Amulet that lets you summon two at once,) walk on water, teleport around, lift people up telekinetically and hurl them around/choke them, have a cloak of bats fly around you and feed on your opponents, etc.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 1:06pm (PST)
But what does the werewolf get now?

Author:   SimDalmatian
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 12:49am (PST)
They get upgrades to the Totems of Hircine, for example the Totem of brotherhood, which summons two wolves when you roar in the vanilla game, can be upgraded to summon Ice Wolves and eventually other werewolves. The other perks I believe behave similarly.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 12:02pm (PST)
Ok I will just try and see sence tou can go back to Vampire lord whenever you want.

Author:   SimDalmatian
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 4:00pm (PST)
You can only go back to werewolf once however.

Author:   RobbHimself
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 12:25am (PST)
Depends upon your playstyle. Werewolves are melee based, whereas Vampires are magic based characters.

The advantages and disadvantages are many, though similar to that of a Vampire Lord. For example, if you transform into a Werewolf, you need to feed on corpses to maintain your form and you can only transform once per day however, getting the Ring of Hircine allows you to transform an unlimited amount of times per day though you still need to feed on corpses.

Also if you want to revert back into your original form, you have to wait an hour or so, dependent on how many people you've fed upon will determine how long you have to wait. If you want to transform back into a Werewolf, you must wait 24hrs to use the power again.

If you have Dawnguard installed, you gain a skill tree, which expands on the abilities as a Werewolf.

The skill tree is listed here

Author:   TheBeardedMan
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 11:28am (PST)
quote RobbHimself
Depends upon your playstyle. Werewolves are melee based, whereas Vampires are magic based characters.

The advantages and disadvantages are many, though similar to that of a Vampire Lord. For example, if you transform into a Werewolf, you need to feed on corpses to maintain your form and you can only transform once per day however, getting the Ring of Hircine allows you to transform an unlimited amount of times per day though you still need to feed on corpses.

Also if you want to revert back into your original form, you have to wait an hour or so, dependent on how many people you've fed upon will determine how long you have to wait. If you want to transform back into a Werewolf, you must wait 24hrs to use the power again.
Its only once more per day

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 12:41pm (PST)
quote TheBeardedMan
Try reading the description from the link. It may help.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 12:57pm (PST)
quote RobbHimself
quote TheBeardedMan
Try reading the description from the link. It may help.
You obviously don't have the Ring of Hircine in game then. And you seem to be forgetting that uesp is not an official guide.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 1:14pm (PST)
quote TheBeardedMan
You obviously don't have the Ring of Hircine in game then. And you seem to be forgetting that uesp is not an official guide.
Yes, I have the ring. I never stated USEP was an official guide though it is very useful.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 1:15pm (PST)
quote RobbHimself
quote TheBeardedMan
Yes, I have the ring. I never stated USEP was an official guide though it is very useful.
What does the in-game description of the Ring say?

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 1:40pm (PST)
'Provides additional transformations for Werewolves' is the ingame description.

I've checked an old save and repeated the process of equiping the ring, using the power, waiting an hour to revert back and using it again. Since your adamant that I'm incorrect, try it yourself.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 11:58pm (PST)
quote RobbHimself
'Provides additional transformations for Werewolves' is the ingame description.

I've checked an old save and repeated the process of equiping the ring, using the power, waiting an hour to revert back and using it again. Since your adamant that I'm incorrect, try it yourself.
I did and it let me transform 1 more time just as its supposed to.

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 2:27am (PST)
quote TheBeardedMan
I did and it let me transform 1 more time just as its supposed to.
I have no idea what your doing but it's sounds like a completely different experience. You are choosing 'Ring of Hircine' from your powers list when you transform aren't you? I transformed multiple times using this, it's odd you don't.

6:10 Onwards

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.