Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: "Golden Touch" Achievement Tips? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1769690-golden-touch-achievement-tips/2.htm

Author:   Bob104
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 3:18pm (PST)
Subject:   re: "Golden Touch" Achievement Tips?
-------------------------------------------
quote SimDalmatian
Speech tree + Investments
Yea, that actually helps a lot for someone who buys & sells a ton of crap. I can't always fit it into my builds or want to put perks into it, but the perks for investing, ability to sell any item to any vendor, and increasing all vendors gold pools by 1k can be quite helpful for that. Combine that with the Thieves Guild improvements and you can dump a lot of stuff in one Riften run. You may lose some merchants with Dawnguard though. I lost Grelka and the blacksmith in one of my recent playthroughs. = (

Anyway, they're really nice convenience perks that make life easier if you have the room for them in your build.

Author:   Oblivion
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 4:00pm (PST)
quote Bob104
You may lose some merchants with Dawnguard though.
Why is that? I don't have Dawnguard, and I'm curious as to what you mean by "lose some merchants".

Author:   Bob104
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 4:16pm (PST)
quote Oblivion
quote Bob104
Why is that? I don't have Dawnguard, and I'm curious as to what you mean by "lose some merchants".
With that add-on, there's a chance for random vampire attacks to happen. Especially when you fast-travel a lot like I do. I would fast-travel into towns and the guards & citizens would be fighting with vampires, their dogs, & gargoyles. Some of the non-essential NPCs may die in the process. In the bigger towns like Whiterun sometimes I had no idea the attack was happening across town until I came up on the dead bodies & ash piles later. Which sucked.

Makes it kinda interesting too though. I got letters of inheritance because some of the victims were people I previously helped. They left me some gold & such in their wills.

Author:   Oblivion
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 5:32pm (PST)
quote Bob104
Makes it kinda interesting too though. I got letters of inheritance because some of the victims were people I previously helped. They left me some gold & such in their wills.
That is pretty interesting, being left sums of gold and such. I mean I guess it's a way for the developers to say "sorry that you can't buy alchemy ingredients in Solitude anymore. Here's some gold to make you happy" lol.

Author:   Hooraa
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 3:41am (PST)
quote Oblivion
Golden Touch: Have 100,000 Gold

I was wondering if any of you guys had any tips for this specific achievement? I kind of don't want to abuse any glitches or bugs though. You can still suggest those, but I'd prefer to not use those methods.

I know about the book, "The Doors to Oblivion" and how you can abuse that, but for one, that would take way too long to make up to 100,000 gold. Second of all, I'd rather spend my time doing something productive, rather than sitting in the same spot for hours just making books appear.

I also have completed the Dark Brotherhood and
I have about 30,000 gold...more or less. So do you guys know any specific dungeons or forts where they have decent, abundant loot? Or maybe a quest that pays well, regardless of what level your character is? No matter the method, suggest it. I'll appreciate any and all contributions to my question.
It is easy but time consuming. make heaps of potions adding 3 ingredients if possible to make each potion more valuable, then sell them to all various vendors around Skyrim.Do not worry there are too many potions to be found and made all over the world..Also improve weapons an armour and sell them also..@ skills will be improved quickly during this process or gaining the intended achievement. God luck In all of the achievements I found it a bit too easy to be distracted from the quests a lot of the time.Tip go to Dawnstar and head on up to the mine, there is an invisable Chest there on the left hand sie against the rocks outside before the entrance to the mine..

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 3:47am (PST)
quote Bob104
quote SimDalmatian
Speech tree + Investments
Yea, that actually helps a lot for someone who buys & sells a ton of crap. I can't always fit it into my builds or want to put perks into it, but the perks for investing, ability to sell any item to any vendor, and increasing all vendors gold pools by 1k can be quite helpful for that. Combine that with the Thieves Guild improvements and you can dump a lot of stuff in one Riften run. You may lose some merchants with Dawnguard though. I lost Grelka and the blacksmith in one of my recent playthroughs. = (

Anyway, they're really nice convenience perks that make life easier if you have the room for them in your build.
Good post. I find I have toooo much stuff now I also have the achievs but also have 185,000 gold and still have tooo much stuff, it is getting to be very boring and irksome..I have 1 achiev to get the Legendary Dragon and four words to find, I think this may be the clues to get all the words, but the last one I got will not cancel the pointer still shows me where to go to find it even though I have unlocked it, too many glitches in this game at the moment. cheers

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 3:55am (PST)
quote Lyonnais
Honestly, I have so much shit to sell after 10 hours on any character it's ridiculous. And I normally have a 10 Gold to 1 Weight ratio. Dragon Bones are a pain in the ass to sell tbh. I normally can only sell 2 and then they're out of gold. Almost all my characters probably have 20,000-100,000 in items I don't even use... And I can't sell the shit fast enough because I like to do dungeons and quests and shit.

What, I would suggest if you don't see this as cheating is go onto the character with the most shit you have. And sell everything he has even his weapons and armour. You should quite easily achieve 100,000+ gold if it's a character you've been playing for a while.

If this is a new character! Well, then do what I do. Grab anything valuable you can find. The dungeon you start in you can probably get 1000-2000 gold. And then right outside Riverwood there is a dungeon which can give you another 2000-3000, and Treasure map right next to the Standing Stones, a Dead Thalmor with a guaranteed magical item drop. And of course the Golden Claw quest. If you literally do all of that, and sell EVERYTHING you could well have like 9,000-18,000 ish gold... but that's a pain in the ass because you have to travel, collect, sell, wait, sell, travel and that's incredibly boring.

This is really easy to get as long as you play on one character tbh. And easier if you sell Artifacts you don't use.
I know what you mean,I give the Dragon stuff to a companion or helper and make weapons and armour and improve them to get rid of them. I like to use the dragon bows and I sell the dragon stuff I make.But I had to use the speech perk to get vendors in line with selling all items.
My gamer tag is Hooraa..

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 4:00am (PST)
quote Bob104
quote Oblivion
quote Bob104
With that add-on, there's a chance for random vampire attacks to happen. Especially when you fast-travel a lot like I do. I would fast-travel into towns and the guards & citizens would be fighting with vampires, their dogs, & gargoyles. Some of the non-essential NPCs may die in the process. In the bigger towns like Whiterun sometimes I had no idea the attack was happening across town until I came up on the dead bodies & ash piles later. Which sucked.

Thanks for the heads up on that, now I know what was happening and why.
I got one tip, do not be overweight in any of the new add-on self built homes, the game will freeze. If you enter while overweight offload asap...
cheers..

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 4:04am (PST)
If a vampire some people or merchants will not talk to you or deal business with you, Has anyone else found this to be true. ?

Author:   smarti3
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 8:27am (PST)
Oblivion These are the things that come to my head although they've pretty much already been said:

- Dragon Bones/Scales
- Invisible Chest in Dawnstar
- Potions
- Enchanting items and selling them nets you quite a bit. Think the enchantment I used was life drain on iron daggers or something along those lines

Sorry if you already know all this but as I said this is all I can remember lol

Author:   Zhang Liao
Date:   Oct 14, 12 at 9:34am (PST)
i just used the door to oblivion glitch, got it after awhile and then smashed my blacksmith skill right after it, of course this was like last December or w/e.

Author:   Dragonatrix
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 8:07am (PST)
quote smarti3
- Invisible Chest in Dawnstar
If you're going to use invisible chests, why just limit yourself to Dawnstar? Markath and Solitude have them too (I imagine other places do as well but those 3 are the only ones I know about offhand), and Markath's is probably the easiest to find (Solitude's is a bitch if you don't know where it is tho'!) so there's that. Though, if you're going to game the system like that why not include the chest under the Skyforge at Whiterun for good measure as well?

Author:   Freezing Dart
Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 4:50am (PST)
Here's a tip but may contain spoiler to people.[spoiler=If you do the no stone unturned quest (get the stones of barenziah and the crown) Vex will give you an active effect that makes it where gems are more common. When used with the previously mentioned transmute tip you can make valuable jewelry and even enchant that jewelry to make it more valuable.][/spoiler]

Author:   The4thFang
Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 1:22pm (PST)
Honestly, the best way to make money is to just quest and raid dungeons and whatnot. Just play the game like normal. Bethesda did a good job making it hard to exploit for money in this game.

One tip i can give you (apologies if it's already been said, too lazy to read the other comments) is to get the investor perk (speech) and invest in riverwood trader. he gets about 12000 gold to barter with, i believe. This makes selling things all in one spot very easy, so you don't have to deal with long load times to sell your loot.

Author:   RubberBoot
Date:   Oct 22, 12 at 4:20am (PST)
If you do the Dark Brotherhood quests then you can continually get missions to assassinate random people which doesn't take long and you get good pay for it, that's how I done the achievement.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.