Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Weirdest random event in skyrim? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1768170-weirdest-random-event-in-skyrim/

Author:   resi _4_zombie
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 5:38am (PST)
Subject:   Weirdest random event in skyrim?
-------------------------------------------
Yup, skyrim is absolutely huge, like the tardis huge. But whats those weird and wonderful incidents that really made you stroke your beard? Mine?

why its one mammoth totally trying to get it on with an elder dragon, nearly kills him, and another elder pops out the woodworks only to kill the beast and proceed to attack me

Author:   TheBeardedMan
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 7:26am (PST)
Subject:   re: Weirdest random event in skyrim?
Mine was when I saw 2 mammoths climbing through some trees for some reason it really made me want a milky way

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 9:52am (PST)
quote TheBeardedMan
Mine was when I saw 2 mammoths climbing through some trees for some reason it really made me want a milky way
In climbing, do you mean like on top of it or strolling through?

If the former, thats pretty damn weird

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 9:58am (PST)
quote resi _4_zombie
quote TheBeardedMan
In climbing, do you mean like on top of it or strolling through?

If the former, thats pretty damn weird
They were just stuck in the branches and were moving their legs. I then learnt that milky ways are pretty damn expensive now

Author:   CatouttaHell
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:17am (PST)
One time I was fighting two Nightlord Vampires when out of nowhere a friendly (bugged) Blood Dragon just crashed down next to us without warning and started attacking them with me.

Met another friendly Dragon that was just wandering along the road close to Riverwood before picking a fight with a Giant that had apparently wandered over there. Didn't even know Giants could spawn there.

The absolute weirdest though would have to be when I met a few Draugrs out in the middle of nowhere. Aren't these guys supposed to be preoccupied with guarding their tombs from intruders all day?

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:25am (PST)
quote TheBeardedMan
I then learnt that milky ways are pretty damn expensive now
Yup, so true! 69p for a damn mars bar now!

quote CatouttaHell
The absolute weirdest though would have to be when I met a few Draugrs out in the middle of nowhere. Aren't these guys supposed to be preoccupied with guarding their tombs from intruders all day?
Where did you see these guys, because if you saw them any other than the plains of skyrim (west of whiterun) then that was very weird.

The plains actually have a few graveyards and burial sites, so for a draugr to be 'misplaced' might not actually be that serious, lol.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:29am (PST)
I found 2 dead draugr near the northern ice fields and 3 chaurus reapers standing over them. When I was lvl 5. And playing on master. I then ran in the opposite direction while saying oh *bleep* oh *bleep* oh *bleep* oh *bleep*

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:35am (PST)
quote TheBeardedMan
I found 2 dead draugr near the northern ice fields and 3 chaurus reapers standing over them. When I was lvl 5. And playing on master. I then ran in the opposite direction while saying oh *bleep* oh *bleep* oh *bleep* oh *bleep*
Wow charus reapers at Lvl 5!

I only got them at about Lvl 25, but I never really explored dwarven ruins or falmer caves very much because Falmer remind me of ghouls from fallout, and well I had a bad experience with a few in the dunwich building, so yea.

When I think back, I remember a small glitch I had where FUS RO DAH was strangely overpowered. When I fus ro dah a creature (only creatures for some reason) their textures became streched and afterwards I could not find the body!

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:39am (PST)
quote resi _4_zombie
quote TheBeardedMan

I only got them at about Lvl 25, but I never really explored dwarven ruins or falmer caves very much because Falmer remind me of ghouls from fallout, and well I had a bad experience with a few in the dunwich building, so yea.

When I think back, I remember a small glitch I had where FUS RO DAH was strangely overpowered. When I fus ro dah a creature (only creatures for some reason) their textures became streched and afterwards I could not find the body!
Ohhhh the Dunwich building...such memories...

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:05am (PST)
quote TheBeardedMan
quote resi _4_zombie
quote TheBeardedMan

Ohhhh the Dunwich building...such memories...
speaking of falmer, In my first encounter with one, I got a dwarvern centurion core, and i was like, to quote me "dayyyyammmm sucka, you didn't even have a sword!".

Then I realised they had swords...

Author:   Legardored
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 2:42pm (PST)
I hate those bloody Snow Elves, they freak the hell outta me.

Strangest thing that happened to me, let me see. A Mammoth falling out of the sky and killing me on impact, Dragons must be using Mammoth bombs.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 6:21pm (PST)
quote Legardored
I hate those bloody Snow Elves, they freak the hell outta me.

Strangest thing that happened to me, let me see. A Mammoth falling out of the sky and killing me on impact, Dragons must be using Mammoth bombs.
LoL! that made my day!

goddamn, I'll use that sometime!

Author:   ironmunky
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 7:56pm (PST)
When doing the Companion quest Proving Honor, I was in Dustman's Cairn with Farkas. Well Farkas goes MIA and I find him at the bottom of some stairs stuck inside the bottom half of one of the large urns. He looked like a newly hatched chick still inside his shell. I ran around the room with him like that for awhile, but he could never go up stairs. I made a save with him like that so I could come back and play with him again, but I just loaded it to find out the details and unfortunately he was no longer in the shell when it loaded

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 3:38am (PST)
quote ironmunky
When doing the Companion quest Proving Honor, I was in Dustman's Cairn with Farkas. Well Farkas goes MIA and I find him at the bottom of some stairs stuck inside the bottom half of one of the large urns. He looked like a newly hatched chick still inside his shell. I ran around the room with him like that for awhile, but he could never go up stairs. I made a save with him like that so I could come back and play with him again, but I just loaded it to find out the details and unfortunately he was no longer in the shell when it loaded
Hah, wow!

there is massive irony in this, but itll be in a spoiler.

Author:   Exquisious
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 4:01am (PST)
It's probably not that weird because I've seen this mentioned a lot, but the weirdest encounter I've had off the top of my head was with the Headless Horseman. When I saw him some distance away from Whiterun one night, I followed him until he led me to my first encounter with a blood dragon, who was being raised by Alduin. Then the ghost vanished and left me to my doom.

Actually, there was something else that I came across. Like the Fallout series, sometimes in Skyrim you come across the aftermath of some unexplained crime. (In NV I came across the body of a female NCR soldier spread eagle without her clothes on near Powder Ganger territory...) One time I walked past a burnt house in the middle of nowhere, and my Imperial assassin just got the notion to poke his head in to see if there was anything left behind. Inside he found the burnt remains of a corpse lying on the bed. There was nothing left on the body or anywhere in the house, so my guess is that some bandits came and torched the house and took everything the poor cod owned. A little way down the road I saw some bandits squatting in another burnt house. Shoulda killed the bastards.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.