Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Flight to the Soul Cairn Delayed for 2 Months for PS3 Users... - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1761552-flight-to-soul-cairn-delayed-for-2-months-for-ps3-users/2.htm

Author:   Turkagent
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 1:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Flight to the Soul Cairn Delayed for 2 Months for PS3 Users...
-------------------------------------------
To be honest, I think the customer has the right to be angry at Bethesda. They released a shitty product on a platform which they obviously are not aware of how to adapt to. I have all three systems (WII/XBOX360/PS3). If I had known they were incompetent I would of simply gotten it on the 360 and saved myself the trouble of the mess that is Skyrim on the PS3. It is further made worse by their inability to get the DLC to the PS3.

To use a comparison: Your favorite restaurant offers you a 60 dollar meat pie(pot pie). They offer it in several shapes but you like circle bowls so you get the circle bowl instead of the square bowl. It was awesome and incredible. As you ate the first quarter of the pie you couldn't be happier. About half way through, however, you start to find that there is shit sprinkled in with your meat pie. You try to endure it... after all the pie was great earlier and you love this restaurant. Try as you might, the pie is just not edible so you push it away in distaste and leave, hoping that someday they will fix the pie.

Much later you hear about a new dessert they are offering. Sure you were burned this first time, but you love this restaurant. The advertisements about it simply look divine! Finally they announce they will finally serve the new dessert. As you arrive the manager takes you aside and asks you to wait outside for awhile until everyone else finishes their dessert.

"I'm sorry sir, I know you love this, and last time we sprinkled shit in your Meat Pie, but you will just have to wait longer than any other customer in our establishment. I really do apologize."

So you stand outside, watching other people enjoy their dessert. Merriment goes through the store as you watch miserably outside, through a thick glass window. It starts to rain and a bus rushes by, splashing water on you. Miserably you wait even longer. Finally everyone inside has finished eating!

You rush in to finally get your slice of dessert! Before you can sit down however, the manager approaches again, "I'm terribly sorry, you see, some of that shit from earlier got mixed in with the dessert we made for you and the chocolate ran out... I'm so sorry, you just have to wait longer..." As he walks away he mumbles to himself that you might never get your dessert.

Waiting outside you starting complaining about this horrible service that the restaurant provided to you. Looking at you disdainfully a man in the pinstriped suit replies, "Listen bub. Why the hell are you complaining? You got the damn meat pie. You have no right to complain about it, its a *bleep*in' meat pie isn't it? Sure they accidentally sprinkled shit in your pie and who knows whats going on with your dessert but why are you complaining? Listen... it's not really their fault that they sprinkled shit in some of your pie, seriously. Besides if you don't like them why are you going to the only meat pie dealer in town?"

It is at that point you realize the man doesn't understand that all you want is a meat pie without any shit, not a steak and certainly not a salad.

Finally trudging home you start wondering why they didn't just offer you a shit-less pie in square bowl in-place of your shit-pie in a circular bowl.

Welcome to the PS3 experience. ~~

Author:   shaunybaby
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 6:58pm (PST)
It's f*cking pathetic that a developer can't code a game for a piece of hardware that is 6 years old now. I love Bethesda's games, I truly do, but I'm not buying another game that's just published by the company, never mind their in house games until they can prove I'll be able to play the game I paying for.

They released Skyrim knowing full well that the Ps3 version was a pile of shit, but instead of holding the game back and porting it to the system properly which would probably cost them a little bit of money in the short term, they released it instead and cost themself the trust of someone that had bought everyone one of their releases in the past 4 years(long term losses).

Author:   halo3rox
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:27pm (PST)
^
Both of those hit the nail on the head I also liked the pot pie analogy.
But seriously this whole fiasco is why im switching to PC gaming,at least modders can fix shitty DLC that the developers were too incompetent to make correctly.

Author:   SimDalmatian
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 1:00am (PST)
Plus mods are great craic as well!

Author:   TheBeardedMan
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 7:53am (PST)
quote SimDalmatian
I'm assuming from that post you're Irish XD so can your computer run skyrim I remember you saying a while back you were checking or something or other.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
That mammoth glitch reminds me of the time I was going up Throat of the World on my horse, bounced of a rock, went flying and died.

Good game but like so many other games these days, it has bugs that no one seems to have noticed or tried to fix. Still being on a PC I expect to get Flight to the Soul Cairn, if I decided to get it and atleast the Steam Workshop community will be able to fix certain bugs like this.

With regards to the delay, it is probably like the time when Microsoft tried to get Ballad of Gay Tony and the Lost and Damned GTA VI packs to themselves. It'll go to the PS3 sooner or later.

Author:   SimDalmatian
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 2:50pm (PST)
quote TheBeardedMan
quote SimDalmatian
I'm assuming from that post you're Irish XD so can your computer run skyrim I remember you saying a while back you were checking or something or other.
Yea, it should run it. Not at the highest settings, but beggars can't be choosers! And yes, I'm Irish.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.