Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Skyrim GD XXV: The One With the Gimpy "X" - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1760245-skyrim-gd-xxv-one-with-gimpy/4.htm

Author:   dyeriuss
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 10:42am (PST)
Subject:   re: Skyrim GD XXV: The One With the Gimpy "X"
-------------------------------------------
quote LloydToS
This thread really could use some love, it's been getting quiet.. especially considering my PC broke down and I was locked out of the interwebs for 9 full days.. the terror.

The positive.. I ended up playing a ton of my old games again such as the good Spyro games and Zelda etc.
may satan have mercy on your soul (Satanism dont knock it till you try it)

Author:   Orgazmo
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 12:49am (PST)
Every time I forget I made this post, I look at my post history to see my posts and find it again. Man, I love me.

quote Orgazmo
Odd question that doesn't really pertain, but... Does it matter if he was American? I don't see why it would be significant enough to put into the post. But that's just me nit-picking, I suppose. It's just that I've played with numerous people from other countries (Not in this game mind you, I haven't even played anything but Campaign and I'm not very far in that, either) and never felt the motivation or even a hint of wanting to post specifically that they weren't of my own nationality. Sure, I'm sure I've posted about beating or loosing to a foreign person, but it would have only been to express a point or gravitate to a certain nationality is too overbearing or defensive about themselves that they would need to trash-talk or some such action only to lose. However, the last notion would be stupid of me because one can't accurately stereotype a nationality without first meeting at least 10% of said populous. Even then, your findings could be astronomically off. Doing so with only a handful of instances of meeting a person from said nationality would only imply that you either; jumped the gun and have no real concrete evidence or that you, yourself, are just as bad as they are for saying that you beat them and that you had to make a known, or even a profound point. I'm not shooting this at you, particularly, it's the human psyche to try and prove that whatever they support or are a part of is better than people who believe the opposite. Games like Guild Wars and World of Warcraft thrive on this. It's not just in games, either. Governments do it, as well. This is called war. War is a nasty thing. Costing millions, if not billions, in monetary value and almost the same in human lives. Countries are torn apart or shattered over simple differences in ideology. Now to say that everyone is right and they shouldn't fight over it is wrong. Not everyone is right, most of the time, both sides are wrong. Just in situations like this, fighting is inevitable, really. Sometimes, governments are so concerned with winning these wars, even if their wrong, that they implement tactics into everyday life. Ever play chess? Chess was made to be a tactics game to help with war strategies. Checkers is a permutation of chess, and is much more simplified. It was made just for fun and there's no real tactics to be had from it. Even the simplest things have the darkest meaning. Most nursery rhymes are actually much darker tales. "Ring around the rosey" is a very popular rhyme that the true meaning isn't commonly known. The song, if you will, refers to death and ways to make bodies smell better when died from the plauge. Even "Little Red Ridinghood" was originally a much bloodier story. I don't know the exact details so I won't go too far into it, but it shows you just how much of our world comes from horrible things. Almost all of the major advances today come military findings or are things that were found during The Arms Races and were built upon. As you know, entering space was brought about because America and Russia had a race, as was the nuclear bomb. Even that was built upon further to produce the Hydrogen Bomb when has made the Bikini Islands inhabitable. One thinks this knowledge would be better put to figuring out alternate sources of energy, but humans are so petty that primal urges outweigh the well being of an entire planet. It's almost sickening to think that the same effort we used to destroy the world could have been used to make the world that much better than it used to be. Better ways to conserve species and weather patterns as to not let the ice caps melt at a much fast rate than normal. It's true that the Earth will do as it pleases, and it always involves species that can't adapt to die out when the Earth resets. Ice Ages and the like are the Earths way to rest and reset. There are, however, "forced" resets by cosmic events such as a meteor smashing into the Earth. But, if this kind of interference wouldn't happen, the global weather patterns wouldn't be as they are now. It's thought that long ago a planet with considerable size impacted Earth and that's what created the Earth and our moon. As I'm sure you know, the Moon practically controls the Earths larger sources of water with it's gravitational pull. Just the few feet the water moves over the course of the day is enough to cause catastrophic events to happen all over the world from hurricanes to droughts. It's not as though there's no good to this story, though. Hurricanes bring a lot of rain and nutrients to where they effect. Droughts, however, are rarely good. Aside from filtering weaker animals or even species, it's always the water bearing storms that bring life. I suppose this is to be expected due to water being the core of every living thing. However, if water is just let sit, it can become far more deadly than a drought could hope to be. Salt water can kill you within a day, whereas going without water would take 3 or 4 days to kill you. There are some people that that can overcome droughts and find water in very odd places. If they were to, say, be placed on an island or desert, they would know what plants or even as far as what animals dung would be a source of fluids. Even primal instincts of certain animals are completely based around water. There is a species of fish that would cocoon itself it mud while the dry season is in place and then emerge from the shell once the monsoons come. It's pretty remarkable that humans are so far out of touch with nature that we can't tell when a storm is coming without radar when even trees know that a storm is coming. I don't know the exact species, but the trees in front of my house always flip their leaves over when it's about to rain. I usually know it's going to rain due to the tree than my mother how watches the news constantly. Did you know that the term "news" came from North East West South? Even with such a clever name, the news lies and manipulates so much. Depending on the current state of the world, the media will do almost anything to get you to believe a certain side of the story, with goes back to the human psyche. It's pretty pathetic that people would do such a thing. I suppose it is all usually a fear of the unknown, though. One culture doesn't fully understand another so they condemn it. It's actually very common. Even a young nation such as America has a situation stapled to it's permanent record. The Salem Witch Trails were a terrible time, indeed. People burning and killing other people just for minute differences. But killing over differences isn't so uncommon, either. The Holocaust is a good example of this. Even long before modern times existed, governments had certain procedures for people with defects. Sparta, the city, would kill babies by throwing them off a cliff if there was any signs of a defect. So I guess the whole point is, what does it matter?

Author:   LloydToS
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:02pm (PST)
I can't believe I read most of that without paragraphs.. My eyes..

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:14pm (PST)
quote Orgazmo
Every time I forget I made this post, I look at my post history to see my posts and find it again. Man, I love me.

quote Orgazmo
Odd question that doesn't really pertain, but... Does it matter if he was American? I don't see why it would be significant enough to put into the post. But that's just me nit-picking, I suppose. It's just that I've played with numerous people from other countries (Not in this game mind you, I haven't even played anything but Campaign and I'm not very far in that, either) and never felt the motivation or even a hint of wanting to post specifically that they weren't of my own nationality. Sure, I'm sure I've posted about beating or loosing to a foreign person, but it would have only been to express a point or gravitate to a certain nationality is too overbearing or defensive about themselves that they would need to trash-talk or some such action only to lose. However, the last notion would be stupid of me because one can't accurately stereotype a nationality without first meeting at least 10% of said populous. Even then, your findings could be astronomically off. Doing so with only a handful of instances of meeting a person from said nationality would only imply that you either; jumped the gun and have no real concrete evidence or that you, yourself, are just as bad as they are for saying that you beat them and that you had to make a known, or even a profound point. I'm not shooting this at you, particularly, it's the human psyche to try and prove that whatever they support or are a part of is better than people who believe the opposite. Games like Guild Wars and World of Warcraft thrive on this. It's not just in games, either. Governments do it, as well. This is called war. War is a nasty thing. Costing millions, if not billions, in monetary value and almost the same in human lives. Countries are torn apart or shattered over simple differences in ideology. Now to say that everyone is right and they shouldn't fight over it is wrong. Not everyone is right, most of the time, both sides are wrong. Just in situations like this, fighting is inevitable, really. Sometimes, governments are so concerned with winning these wars, even if their wrong, that they implement tactics into everyday life. Ever play chess? Chess was made to be a tactics game to help with war strategies. Checkers is a permutation of chess, and is much more simplified. It was made just for fun and there's no real tactics to be had from it. Even the simplest things have the darkest meaning. Most nursery rhymes are actually much darker tales. "Ring around the rosey" is a very popular rhyme that the true meaning isn't commonly known. The song, if you will, refers to death and ways to make bodies smell better when died from the plauge. Even "Little Red Ridinghood" was originally a much bloodier story. I don't know the exact details so I won't go too far into it, but it shows you just how much of our world comes from horrible things. Almost all of the major advances today come military findings or are things that were found during The Arms Races and were built upon. As you know, entering space was brought about because America and Russia had a race, as was the nuclear bomb. Even that was built upon further to produce the Hydrogen Bomb when has made the Bikini Islands inhabitable. One thinks this knowledge would be better put to figuring out alternate sources of energy, but humans are so petty that primal urges outweigh the well being of an entire planet. It's almost sickening to think that the same effort we used to destroy the world could have been used to make the world that much better than it used to be. Better ways to conserve species and weather patterns as to not let the ice caps melt at a much fast rate than normal. It's true that the Earth will do as it pleases, and it always involves species that can't adapt to die out when the Earth resets. Ice Ages and the like are the Earths way to rest and reset. There are, however, "forced" resets by cosmic events such as a meteor smashing into the Earth. But, if this kind of interference wouldn't happen, the global weather patterns wouldn't be as they are now. It's thought that long ago a planet with considerable size impacted Earth and that's what created the Earth and our moon. As I'm sure you know, the Moon practically controls the Earths larger sources of water with it's gravitational pull. Just the few feet the water moves over the course of the day is enough to cause catastrophic events to happen all over the world from hurricanes to droughts. It's not as though there's no good to this story, though. Hurricanes bring a lot of rain and nutrients to where they effect. Droughts, however, are rarely good. Aside from filtering weaker animals or even species, it's always the water bearing storms that bring life. I suppose this is to be expected due to water being the core of every living thing. However, if water is just let sit, it can become far more deadly than a drought could hope to be. Salt water can kill you within a day, whereas going without water would take 3 or 4 days to kill you. There are some people that that can overcome droughts and find water in very odd places. If they were to, say, be placed on an island or desert, they would know what plants or even as far as what animals dung would be a source of fluids. Even primal instincts of certain animals are completely based around water. There is a species of fish that would cocoon itself it mud while the dry season is in place and then emerge from the shell once the monsoons come. It's pretty remarkable that humans are so far out of touch with nature that we can't tell when a storm is coming without radar when even trees know that a storm is coming. I don't know the exact species, but the trees in front of my house always flip their leaves over when it's about to rain. I usually know it's going to rain due to the tree than my mother how watches the news constantly. Did you know that the term "news" came from North East West South? Even with such a clever name, the news lies and manipulates so much. Depending on the current state of the world, the media will do almost anything to get you to believe a certain side of the story, with goes back to the human psyche. It's pretty pathetic that people would do such a thing. I suppose it is all usually a fear of the unknown, though. One culture doesn't fully understand another so they condemn it. It's actually very common. Even a young nation such as America has a situation stapled to it's permanent record. The Salem Witch Trails were a terrible time, indeed. People burning and killing other people just for minute differences. But killing over differences isn't so uncommon, either. The Holocaust is a good example of this. Even long before modern times existed, governments had certain procedures for people with defects. Sparta, the city, would kill babies by throwing them off a cliff if there was any signs of a defect. So I guess the whole point is, what does it matter?

I dont quite understand why your ranting...?

Author:   Orgazmo
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:05pm (PST)
BluePhoenix

It wasn't a rant. I just got bored and decided to make a wall of text. That thread just happened to be the one I was reading when I decided to do it.

Author:   Dogfood95
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 5:06pm (PST)
quote Orgazmo
BluePhoenix

It wasn't a rant. I just got bored and decided to make a wall of text. That thread just happened to be the one I was reading when I decided to do it.
. ..........

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:46am (PST)
quote Orgazmo
BluePhoenix

I see, also Darknet i should be picking up Fall of Cybertron sometime this week, multiplayer that shit up?

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 10:41am (PST)
quote BluePhoenix
quote Orgazmo
BluePhoenix

I see, also Darknet i should be picking up Fall of Cybertron sometime this week, multiplayer that shit up?

Hell yeah! Send me an invite if I'm on.

Author:   Animatrix
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 10:24pm (PST)
I asked in the home thread for Dishonored but I doubt I'll get a reply back anytime soon,

But does anyone know if that new game Dishonored had a midnight release tonight?

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:19am (PST)
I believe some places in the UK are doing midnight releases not sure about other countries though.

Also getting Mists Of Pandaria tonight i could not be more happy for that

Author:   Legardored
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 3:45pm (PST)
I'm confused, Fall of Cybertron?

Author:   Antipathy
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 6:08am (PST)
About the best site I have come across. Ever.

http://27bslash6.com

Check out Employee Self Evaluation.

Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 10:46am (PST)
wont load on my comp

Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 1:07pm (PST)
quote Legardored
I'm confused, Fall of Cybertron?

sequel to arguably... the best transformers game ever..

Date:   Oct 12, 12 at 9:23am (PST)
borderlands2 is like my new skyrim

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.