Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PS3 Version Lost Hope? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1757618-ps3-version-lost-hope/

Author:   TJ D
Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 9:26pm (PST)
Subject:   PS3 Version Lost Hope?
-------------------------------------------
http://www.examiner.com/article/skyrim-dawnguard-for-ps3-is-unsure-after-bethesda-gives-update-on-developments-1

Pretty much in a nutshell, Bethesda cant figure out whats the hold up with Dawnguard, as original problems with the PS3 version mesh with the DLC making it worse, and its entirely possible we won't get any DLC at all. My question is, why release a not ready faulty product? I would get fired in my job for doing that. I don't know much about design, but don't you think they would have a team for each console to release to design it to fit the systems requirements?

I am quite angered by this, I don't play many games, and Elder Scrolls is my favorite, and because they released a faulty product, I have a waste of a disc that I cant enjoy its full content because "Oops! It doesn't work right for this system LOL"

Would it be plausible to create a petition for a re-release? I think its bullshit games can be sold with a risk of unreliability. I know this is Bethesda were talking about so im not exactly expecting anything, but this is such a disgrace!

Author:   Silver Rathalos
Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 9:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: PS3 Version Lost Hope?
I know exactly how u feel. I have a PS3 too. And I pray that tge Heartfire DLC comes through..

Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 9:37pm (PST)
Hearthfire seemed to give more meaning to the game, more purpose to chop wood and mine ore (quarry stone?). I was so excited to be able to construct whatever I wanted. I know PS3 always had issues, but now it seems the abused child of consoles will be the abandoned one too.

Author:   Silver Rathalos
Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 9:50pm (PST)
Sooo is heartfire gonna come out for ps3 this time or what?

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 10:34pm (PST)
It's not like they're trying to not get it out. Obviously, some work has been put into it, and they've been trying to do the best they can. From the sounds of it it's probably an error that either screws up Dawngaurd or it screws with the Original game for whatever reason.

Once, again I don't know much about programming but obviously Beth's developers are pretty damn confused if they're having to ask Sony to get their DLC working. I mean it's not like this is Beth's first time working with the PS3, and they probably know the system requirements, but something unexpected has happened and *bleep*ed them all up.

However, that's just me. I feel bad for PS3 users for having to wait so long for a DLC to come out. ):

Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 10:57pm (PST)
Well seeing your not a PS3 user, your may be unaware of their past history of letting faulty bugs ruin past games including fallout games. Yes, they are trying, but as I said, wouldn't you think they would have a team for this so they don't constantly repeat their mistakes?

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 11:47pm (PST)
I'm a bit confused as well, sure these things can happen but in a business and company like this it really shouldn't. That's just from an observers standpoint though seeing as none of us know what's going on.

Author:   Zhang Liao
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 1:25am (PST)
Tis why I sold my skyrim ps3 version! I hate being treated like the lesser important customers.

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 4:38am (PST)

Because Beth totally don't care about the Ps3 users because you don't in any way shape or form help them turn a profit.

N o p e

They are holding out DLCs, patches and fixes from you guys just because they hate you all and want you to suffer.

Do some of you realize how stupid you sound? Like really. I don't understand the entire Ps3 Skyrim population.

You whine over not getting DLC. You can't get the DLC because Beth can't, despite WORKING WITH SONY, fix the problem. You whine about having a faulty game to begin with, even though consoles other than yours also have faults.

Skyrim, much like EVERY TES game, has faults, it has bugs and glitches and all sorts of shit. It's a sandbox rpg. Do you realize how big the world is? Probably not since you just ragequit at small signs that the game might not actually be perfect for your standards and then complain about getting yourself into this mess when you already knew what the mess was. S e r i o u s l y You say "just like fallout because it had Ps3 problems" then TURN AROUND AND BUY ANOTHER GAME FROM THE SAME COMPANY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW TO BE AN ISSUE.

r
e
a
l
l
y

Beth released Skyrim "faulty" for ALL consoles, not just on Ps3. So if you all could stop playing the victim and acting like they are out to get you, that'd be wonderful. They are trying to fix the problems. They are JUST as, if not more annoyed by all this than you since they are LOSING OUT ON A THIRD OF THE PROFITS THEY COULD BE MAKING.

Also, Ps3 won't be seeing Dawnguard till after Hearthfire release, since Beth has a contract with Microsoft not to release any DLC for Ps3 until after 2 major DLCs (Dawnguard and Hearthfire) have been released for 360. So you will see a DLC for the Ps3 30 days-ish after Hearthfires initial release for the Ps3 if at all possible.

You all seem to be doing fine throwing your own pity party so apologies for not joining in on the festivities.

Author:   Jawa King
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 5:02am (PST)
I play Skyrim on PS3 (because my computers not powerful enough) and I completely agree with Twilight, do people really think that Bethesda are just ignoring PS3 users, how were they supposed to predict such problems and for the love of all the gods in all the pantheons don't say because they don't like PS3 users, it's because they genuinely have problems, would you rather have DLC that didn't work or wait until they resolve the problem, personally I'd rather not have DLC than have it faulty to spare me the frustration and money.

Author:   Skyler_x_Mandy
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 5:15am (PST)
Thank you, Twilight I was thinking and feeling the same. I'd rather have a polished product than a totally buggy one. Still waiting beside my PS3 patiently and I don't care how long it takes. We may never get it at all, so what? You just saved some cash for something else in the future lol. Still excited for this, because hopefully Bethesda would like to "apologize" when it is released and PS3 might get a good deal.

Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 8:10am (PST)
Nowhere am I saying they should just force the DLC to us anyway unready, thats the wrong idea. So what if PS3 never sees DLC? Seriously? lol
quote Twilight
Skyrim, much like EVERY TES game, has faults, it has bugs and glitches and all sorts of shit. It's a sandbox rpg. Do you realize how big the world is? Probably not since you just ragequit at small signs that the game might not actually be perfect for your standards and then complain about getting yourself into this mess when you already knew what the mess was. S e r i o u s l y You say "just like fallout because it had Ps3 problems" then TURN AROUND AND BUY ANOTHER GAME FROM THE SAME COMPANY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW TO BE AN ISSUE.
Oh you automatically know I just pre-order a game already knowing what issues it will have? I used to have an XBox, and barely had problems with Fallout 3 and Oblivion, after the red ring of death I got a PS3, never had New Vegas, but thanks to the age of information I have found out plenty of Bethesda's PS3 reputation after discovering Skyrims many problems. Don't judge what you don't know.

quote Twilight
Beth released Skyrim "faulty" for ALL consoles, not just on Ps3. So if you all could stop playing the victim and acting like they are out to get you, that'd be wonderful. They are trying to fix the problems. They are JUST as, if not more annoyed by all this than you since they are LOSING OUT ON A THIRD OF THE PROFITS THEY COULD BE MAKING.

Also, Ps3 won't be seeing Dawnguard till after Hearthfire release, since Beth has a contract with Microsoft not to release any DLC for Ps3 until after 2 major DLCs (Dawnguard and Hearthfire) have been released for 360. So you will see a DLC for the Ps3 30 days-ish after Hearthfires initial release for the Ps3 if at all possible.
Yes other games have bugs too but obviously its nowhere near as bad as PS3, its oblivious to think not. Being a near third of their customer base what baffles me is how or why the PS3 came out so bad, like I said, do they not have teams to design these to fit the systems needs?

Im glad they are trying to work on it with Sony, but you would be outraged too if your console was on PS3s road, and I would call bullshit to anyone who says they wouldn't be. DLC was supposed to be a big part of the game being to "pack more of a punch" than past TES DLC. The game has a risk of never seeing any DLC because it was released too faulty, and to think nobody has a right to have a problem with that is downright ridiculous. Im not just gonna shrug my shoulders.

Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 9:09am (PST)
Though I partially agree, Twilight has a point where they are trying to resolve the issue. But theres no doubt that they really screwed up. If it wasn't ready, don't release it. If it has major issues, resolve them first. Some cant be found in a simple test run, but the save problem causing most problems is something they could have fished out before releasing the game. Its not that they aren't planning on releasing DLC, its that the game was release with such bugs that those bugs cease the progress of the DLC.

Author:   Resilience
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 10:21am (PST)
Maybe Bethesda Should just make Fallout and Elder Scrolls for Xbox and PC, because PS3 users bitch about everything.

I'm a huge kingdom hearts fan, but you don't see me bitch about not playing.

Whip your dick out and get a good wank in, and then go out and actually do something about it instead of bitching.

Author:   The Darkest Shadow
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 10:42am (PST)
quote Resilience
Maybe Bethesda Should just make Fallout and Elder Scrolls for Xbox and PC, because PS3 users bitch about everything.

I'm a huge kingdom hearts fan, but you don't see me bitch about not playing.

Whip your dick out and get a good wank in, and then go out and actually do something about it instead of bitching.
I don't think a single forum post has ever made me want to punch another user more. If there was a homophobic slur in there, I'd have found a way to kick you in the face over the internet. =P

Every community bitches about everything, and all of them get whiny when it comes down to their sense of entitlement.

Don't rag on one group if another has shown the same colours. PS3 users got a poorly optimised version of Skyrim for their console and they bitch about it. PC players got a poorly optimised version of Dark Souls, they bitched about it. If people are going to get bad versions of good games, they're going to bitch about it, what they play on is irrelevant.

PS3 Gamers get the short straw quite often, because from what I can gather, as powerful a machine as the PS3 is, it's a pain in the ass to work with. That's Sony's fault and nobody else's.

I however stand with Twilight on this one, I just can't stand your tone.

Bethesda's previous issues with the PS3 versions of their games didn't exactly make me optimistic for Skyrim. The sheer amount of what they promised would be in the game also made me sceptical. Come launch day I got what I expected, a nice big bag of lies.

A fun bag of lies, most likely only in the state it was in on account of an awful gimmicky release date, but a bag of lies all the same. They've been taking steps to amend the game's many issues and I give Bethesda a great deal of credit for their efforts and support in regards to Skyrim.

I used to take any opportunity I could to complain about Bethesda after their awful levels of support for Oblivion and FO3 (And New Vegas, which while they didn't make it themselves, was still made on their impossibly shitty engine and was a god-awful mess when first released).

I would've stayed the same, but I enjoyed Skyrim a great deal, for all its flaws and all my issues with the game, it's by far their best effort on a PS3 port yet. It runs better than I expected and overall issues are minimal, any problems that do crop up that extend beyond the realm of standard glitches, they've worked to amend.

I also take what they've been doing with Dawnguard as a positive sign. Look at the state of the Fallout DLCs and New Vegas at launch and the lack of support any of those really got. Compare that to how they've treated Skyrim and Bethesda are definitely making an incredibly effort.

We might never see Dawnguard on PS3. I'm not necessarily okay with that, but I respect Beth actually bothering to try making something stable for a change. At least this time around, they're trying to fix their mistakes before selling it to us.

The sheer volume of support Skyrim has received has amazed me. Which is also why I can't understand the ridiculous senses of entitlement of some PS3 players. They've given us better support and more free content than they ever have before and you people are bitching about the fact we might not get a DLC pack that most consider pretty underwhelming?

It boggles the mind.

I'll have more to say on the matter tomorrow if I remember, I'm pre-occupied tonight.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.