Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Suggestions for a Dark/Death Knight Character? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1755817-suggestions-for-dark-death-knight-character/

Author:   Magic
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 10:53am (PST)
Subject:   Suggestions for a Dark/Death Knight Character?
-------------------------------------------
So for the longest time, I have wanted to create a Dark Knight, or Death Knight type character. I love Dark Knights from various games and titles, and have been seriously contemplating creating a Character based on this type of build.

I've been reading up numerous suggestions, but I wanted a more direct and honest opinion. What type of Armor and Weapons should I use? What about Magic? What Race would be the best choice? What perks should I invest in, in order to create the perfect Dark/Death Knight?

Any and all suggestions would be tremendously appreciated.

Author:   N1ghtmare
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 11:14am (PST)
Subject:   re: Suggestions for a Dark/Death Knight Character?
Ebony armor would be a good start, with ebony mail rather than chestplate and a daedric helmet or dragon priest mask Hevnoraak or Nahkriin, since they are a nice dark color and look pretty evil. Magic-wise, try becoming a vampire and using the health drain spell, and if you have Dawnguard then summon Arvak as your dark, evil steed, if not then have Shadowmere.

Author:   orochimaru1993
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 11:31am (PST)
A bit of necromancy wouldn't go amiss. I'd probably go for a sword and shield if I were you by the way. It'll give you that "Dreadnought death machine on legs" look.

Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 3:57pm (PST)
Thank you both for your suggestions. I appreciate them!

Since Necromancy was mentioned, do you think it'd be better to go with a Two Handed Sword such as the Ebony Blade, or more of a Spellsword type, as in Conjuration in one hand, and a Sword in the other?

Author:   HanShotFirst
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 8:56pm (PST)
Ive got a character modeled after The Lich King, Arthas from WoW.

Nord, white eyes, long white hair.

Maxed out the frost destruction tree, and the Necromancy conjuration branches, dressed him out in Ebony Armor with a Dragonplate Helmet.

Closest thing to Frostmourne I could figure was the Ancient Nord Greatsword, enchanted with frost and soul trap.

Basicly, I go around with multiple raised dead fighting for me, casting frost runes, and chopping heads with the sword.

Since there's no dragon mount to represent Sindragosa, I had to settle for Arvak the skeletal steed.

I did this just messing around, but he turned out pretty cool.

check it out! i got a Microsoft Points card code that worked from http://microsoftpoints.freegiftcode.com

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 7:17am (PST)
quote HanShotFirst
Ive got a character modeled after The Lich King, Arthas from WoW.

Nord, white eyes, long white hair.

Maxed out the frost destruction tree, and the Necromancy conjuration branches, dressed him out in Ebony Armor with a Dragonplate Helmet.

Closest thing to Frostmourne I could figure was the Ancient Nord Greatsword, enchanted with frost and soul trap.

Basicly, I go around with multiple raised dead fighting for me, casting frost runes, and chopping heads with the sword.

Since there's no dragon mount to represent Sindragosa, I had to settle for Arvak the skeletal steed.

I did this just messing around, but he turned out pretty cool.
Sounds like a pretty interesting, and decent Character build. I like it alot! I think that I may gave something similar to this a shot.

Quick question, would the Ebony Blade fit with the Dark/Death Knight build? I heard that the Blade gains more power according to how many people you betray, which sounds pretty awesome, but should I go for something stronger perhaps? I've also heard ideas that include letting your character contract Vampirism, which gives you access to the Vampiric Drain Ability, which somewhat fits in with the Dark/Death Knight.

Author:   innoculusseed
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 4:57pm (PST)
Argonian male. theres a dark scales with almost grey flesh, use the hair with the two long horns and the mini horns in the middle. put red on the forehead. looks bad ass!!

armour wise; heavy armour, daedric doesnt look that good imo. but. a nice steel plate, or the plain steel with the pointy shoulders. daedric gauntlets and boots for sure. then theres an assortment of head gear that would look good.

Author:   SportingPhoenix
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 5:43am (PST)
Ebony armour with the ebony mail chest plate. I'd use a daedric battleaxe (two handed) but before going into battle use conjuration to summon undead or even dremora to help out.
Also the vamprisim idea is good, vampiric drain is a very dark ability and will compliment your dark night.

Author:   SimDalmatian
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 9:18am (PST)
For race I'd suggest Darkelf since they have fire resistance if you go vampire and they look sort of evil aswell. I'd also suggest white eyes and a little black moustache . Use ebony or Daedric armours with the masque of CV or if you want to use LA than the Nightingale set is pretty evil-looking, especially with the masque. If you want to use one handed use the mace of Molag Bal. For magic Conjuration and Destruction fit in well but stay far away from restoration. Use Arvak or Shadowmere.

Author:   RobbHimself
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 5:46am (PST)
A good set of enchanted Daedric Armour + Greatsword makes you look alot like a Death Knight. Having Arvak really is a bonus to look as well, especially if you have a couple of Wrathman to follow you.

For my Breton character, I went for Heavy Armour, Two-Handed, Conjuration, Restoration, Alteration, Alchemy, Archery and Enchanting.

I never bothered about bound weapons, equipment is more reliable in terms of damage though I understand the appeal of an ethereal looking weapon and it would suit a Death Knight I suppose.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.