Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ancient Gragons - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1753003-ancient-gragons/

Author:   Hooraa
Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 6:53pm (PST)
Subject:   Ancient Gragons
-------------------------------------------
Has any one else noticed more and more ancient dragons attacking, I am now on L 61 ?
Also, they are a bit hard to defeat if they get the drop on you, as in not being able to see them when they frost or fire attack you ..
I use a dragon bone Bow rated at 110 and enchanted. I use enchanted, ring,\s, necklaces, Amulets, boots etc.To raise up the weapons power..I also use the " run away! " tactic, lol.. It helps, and give you time to heal and take potions..

However, Aela never seems to be killed, only wounded a bit ?
cheers

Author:   RatedRViper
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 3:49am (PST)
Subject:   re: Ancient Gragons
Steps:
1) spell dragons right

2) Enchant stuff with fire and frost resistance

3) Aela is a companion. Thus meaning she has lots of health

4) Since you are L 61. The ancient dragons are definately going to attack

Author:   Silver Rathalos
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 5:20am (PST)
Or you could brew the potion to have fire/frost resistance. I rather use potions for resistance than to waste enchanment on it.

You can also find the potions while going on adventures.

Author:   Cylos
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 7:05am (PST)
You're having trouble with Ancient Dragons? If you get Dawnguard you're gonna have a hell of a time with Legendary and Revered Dragons.
Are you using the right shouts?
If the Dragon is focusing on you with breath attacks, have you tried using 'Become Ethereal' to take the edge off of its attacks, do you use poisons just get a little extra damage?

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 8:35am (PST)
quote Hooraa
Has any one else noticed more and more ancient dragons attacking, I am now on L 61 ?
Also, they are a bit hard to defeat if they get the drop on you, as in not being able to see them when they frost or fire attack you ..
I use a dragon bone Bow rated at 110 and enchanted. I use enchanted, ring,\s, necklaces, Amulets, boots etc.To raise up the weapons power..I also use the " run away! " tactic, lol.. It helps, and give you time to heal and take potions..

cheers
Spawn rates have nothing to do with the difficulty of the game. According to some, once you finish the story, many dragons vanish from the world. However, according to some people, the opposite happens.

As for enchanting, i'd suggest enchanting till your Enchantment skill is 100, then enchant a ring, necklace, armor and gauntlets with a 25% reduction in Destruction Spell cost. That will make Destruction Skill cost nothing at all to use. Then get the perk that makes enemies flinch if you dual cast spells. Do this and use Dragonrend to ground them. Fire dual cast fire spells at the dragons the flinch them and by the time they've recovered you've fire more at them. This renders them unable to hit you if you're lucky.

As for resistance, i'd assume if you have a Dragonbone Bow, you have Dawnguard installed(Or a mod on PC), and if you're a Vampire Lord, you either have a weakness to Fire or Frost i think.

As a final question, are you a powerhouse who likes to kill enemies fast, or more a protective character who tends to try to take his time?

Oh and as for Aela, she is an essential character(Meaning she is vital to a quest) so she cant die. There are alot of people in the game the same

Author:   Hooraa
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 3:25am (PST)
quote 4 Aces
quote Hooraa

cheers
Spawn rates have nothing to do with the difficulty of the game. According to some, once you finish the story, many dragons vanish from the world. However, according to some people, the opposite happens.

As for enchanting, i'd suggest enchanting till your Enchantment skill is 100, then enchant a ring, necklace, armor and gauntlets with a 25% reduction in Destruction Spell cost. That will make Destruction Skill cost nothing at all to use. Then get the perk that makes enemies flinch if you dual cast spells. Do this and use Dragonrend to ground them. Fire dual cast fire spells at the dragons the flinch them and by the time they've recovered you've fire more at them. This renders them unable to hit you if you're lucky.

As for resistance, i'd assume if you have a Dragonbone Bow, you have Dawnguard installed(Or a mod on PC), and if you're a Vampire Lord, you either have a weakness to Fire or Frost i think.

As a final question, are you a powerhouse who likes to kill enemies fast, or more a protective character who tends to try to take his time?

Oh and as for Aela, she is an essential character(Meaning she is vital to a quest) so she cant die. There are alot of people in the game the same
Thanks, so where is this " Legendary Dragon " then ?

Author:   CatouttaHell
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 4:16am (PST)
Dragons are easy. I've beaten Legendary Dragons on master difficulty before without any magic resistance, the Spellbreaker, Dragonrend, or haxed weapons or armour.

All you have to do is avoid their occasional attacks and hit them from afar while they're above 50% health, once they go below that they're stuck to the ground and you can casually stand far away and down their health without any threat.

If your character is melee-only you can just use Slow Time to get up to them, get some attacks in, and run off before they can retaliate.

If you're a Mage they're hilariously easy as you can just dual-cast spam Incinerate or Icy Spear (use the opposite of whatever element they use to attack) and prevent them from ever getting an attack in.

Dragons seem to also possess some overwhelming hatred for Gargoyles, so if you're a Vampire Lord and you absolutely cannot beat a Dragon, you can just summon a Gargoyle and he will stop paying any attention to you until the Gargoyle dies.

The most challenging foes in this games are Volkihar Master/Nightmaster Vampires and Arch Mages.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.