Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Marrying Serana - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1742680-marrying-serana/2.htm

Author:   Donvo
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:07pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Marrying Serana
-------------------------------------------
so im confused you can marry serana if you do the dawnguard side of the questline but not if you stay a vampire?

Author:   Dogfood95
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 12:09pm (PST)
quote Absolute Monarchy
Sorry, it's complete crap how you can't marry her but they might be able to change that if you help with the petition, help us help you marry Serana.

http://www.change.org/petitions/bethesda-softworks-allow-serana-to-be-married
signed

Author:   Derterifii
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 8:01am (PST)
guys, here's an idea. break out the ol' creation kit, and make a mod.

Author:   TheBeardedMan
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 11:22am (PST)
quote Derterifii
guys, here's an idea. break out the ol' creation kit, and make a mod.
Pretty crap idea seeing as you only have to enter a console command to marry her on pc but there's also people who play on the 360 and PS3.

Author:   Derterifii
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 7:14am (PST)
Considering that PS3, and Xbox 360 users are usually the first (and in some cases only) ones to get DLC for specific games, I'll take that advantage, thank you very much.

(GASP! a PC game with the upper hand? it's the end times! )

Seriously. people are complaining about not being able to marry one character. But honestly, I don't see the big deal. it doesn't fit with the character Bethesda wrote for her (she doesn't feel right setting foot in a church. unsettling feelings do not change, regardless if they go from vampire to human.)
and this is (thankfully) not twilight.
While I understand that it can be disappointing for some, you are effectively asking, no, DEMANDING, that Bethesda changes the game to conform to YOUR vision. not theirs.
and this doesn't sit well with me.
it's one thing for a whole group of people to ask for proper closure, but to make a petition so that Bethesda changes ONE character to have them marryable, when the actual mechanic makes little difference in gameplay, seems kind of selfish.
especially since they wanted these characters to be believable. and let's face it. rejection does happen.

lastly, this is NOT a dating sim. Do not make it one.

Author:   ArtKat
Date:   Dec 03, 12 at 1:52pm (PST)
quote Derterifii
Seriously. people are complaining about not being able to marry one character. But honestly, I don't see the big deal. it doesn't fit with the character Bethesda wrote for her (she doesn't feel right setting foot in a church. unsettling feelings do not change, regardless if they go from vampire to human.)
While I understand that it can be disappointing for some, you are effectively asking, no, DEMANDING, that Bethesda changes the game to conform to YOUR vision. not theirs.
it's one thing for a whole group of people to ask for proper closure, but to make a petition so that Bethesda changes ONE character to have them marryable, when the actual mechanic makes little difference in gameplay, seems kind of selfish.
especially since they wanted these characters to be believable. and let's face it. rejection does happen.

I was and remain interested in marrying Serana because she is the first follower that doesn't annoy the crap out of me. I have yet to marry anyone in the game across any play through because I seriously haven't found someone who I've wanted to live with, male or female. Serana is an attractive, fun follower with a fully realized backstory; I also happen to be playing a vampire and not having a spouse freak out about my 'condition' would be nice. I can accept that she's not interested in a temple ceremony, but I reserve the right to be sad about it. I wish I had a computer that could run this game so I could try out some of the awesome mods, but being too broke for that, I'm stuck with my 360 version. Late response is late.

Author:   D Ray Silva
Date:   Dec 03, 12 at 2:52pm (PST)
Can't somebody just make a mod for it in the creation kit? I'm pretty sure it's as simple as checking a box under her characters ID. At least that's how it is with other people.

Author:   Dogfood95
Date:   Dec 03, 12 at 9:26pm (PST)
Yea if your a PC user them mods and console commands work fine lol.

Author:   dakkakdak
Date:   Jan 05, 13 at 10:55pm (PST)
quote Derterifii
Considering that PS3, and Xbox 360 users are usually the first (and in some cases only) ones to get DLC for specific games, I'll take that advantage, thank you very much.

(GASP! a PC game with the upper hand? it's the end times! )

Dude $#@% off is it really too much to have a outside of temple marriage

I mean dawnguard adds new enemies armor abilities and weapons why not a smoking hot vamp that won't criticise your vampirism or constantly (excuse my language) *bleep*ing talk and annoy you like he'll maybe it will allow her to take her true form cause shed feel comfortable wit you just think of the *bleep*in possibilities

Author:   Markingsoup
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 9:06am (PST)
and what about the dawnguard side i mean she totally seems like she wants the dragonborn but gets the shits when i ask to cure herself to be honest id rather be a vampire lord but blotting out the sun seems abit extream and yeah iv compleated the main storey (dawnguard side) not really much left to do BRING OUT SOME NEW DLCs

Author:   Shadow Hunter
Date:   Sep 16, 13 at 12:28am (PST)
Hey how do you sign that petition? When I tried to sign it it said petition closed

Author:   HeatSignature
Date:   Feb 25, 14 at 7:23pm (PST)
quote NTG dude
Honestly it would be better if they allowed for the option of divorce... my wife won't shut up about the problem I solved for her. That way I can marry serana... or whoever else I want to hook up with. also they need to stop the gaurds from saying "arrow in the knee." I've heard it enough times.. .
To divorce, simply follow these steps.

1.Activate sneak mode
2.Grusomely slaughter your wife with a dagger
3.Ditch the evidence.

Author:   TripleDX
Date:   Feb 27, 14 at 9:01pm (PST)
Serena isnt even that hot

Author:   ANGRYWOLF
Date:   Feb 28, 14 at 3:11pm (PST)
quote TripleDX
uh right .

Of course we all have opinions.My opinion is she is the prettiest.
Bethesda decided to deny players the opportunity to marry her, supposedly because they thought players would already be married by that point in the game if they wanted to be.A curious and obviously flawed decision.

Author:   TripleDX
Date:   Feb 28, 14 at 6:46pm (PST)
quote ANGRYWOLF
quote TripleDX
uh right .

Of course we all have opinions.My opinion is she is the prettiest.
Bethesda decided to deny players the opportunity to marry her, supposedly because they thought players would already be married by that point in the game if they wanted to be.A curious and obviously flawed decision.
haha that's kinda stupid. I'm sure people would start new characters if they wanted to marry her so bad

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.