Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Creation Kit Discussion Thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1714226-creation-kit-discussion-thread/

Author:   Anubis
Date:   Feb 07, 12 at 8:21pm (PST)
Subject:   Creation Kit Discussion Thread
-------------------------------------------

Steam - Main Website

Creation Kit Wiki

Hey guys, the Creation Kit has finally been released! Check out this overview for some basic information on what the Creation Kit even is.

Also, check out the official Wiki for more advanced information; as linked to above.

This thread is for any discussion about the Kit and it's use; however, it is encouraged that you make a separate thread entirely for help with individual problems.

Happy modding!

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 10:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: Creation Kit Discussion Thread
I am so incredibly happy.

First mod in the list when I start browsing is exactly what I was looking for.

House Map Markers by Smakit.

Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 6:42pm (PST)
Oooooo, that's a very sexy mod.

And yesssssss! SO MUCH WIN!!

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 10:17pm (PST)
Anubis Why is it that when i make a simple solid room, then test it it isnt all there when i enter the game?

Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 10:43pm (PST)
Are you saving all the elements properly, 4 Aces?

Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 10:54pm (PST)
I have no idea, i just make a thing and hit save. This is my first Creation Kit so i barely know what i'm doing. I did the building tutorial on the wiki until a did the Navmesh, but my PC closed down the program and i lost it all.

Date:   Feb 09, 12 at 3:39am (PST)
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure. I would suggest reading through the wiki tutorials on proper saving, just to be safe.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Feb 09, 12 at 12:55pm (PST)
I have delved into the Creation Kit!

...and gotten very confused. But I managed to do what I set out to do: Change the statistics of my favorite looking gear so that they match Daedric/Dragon items, so I can look awesome while using the stuff I probably should be using.

Only after the fact did I realize I could have just set the looks of the better items to match up.

Date:   Feb 14, 12 at 12:53am (PST)
My CK has gone, totally. As i mentioned my pc broke, so after fiddling with, the CK was on my desktop, but wouldn't work. My dad came and sorted it out for me and the CK is gone altogether now :/

When i hit Creation Kit on Steam it just says it's unavailable at this time. Done this for 4 days now. Any suggestions?

Author:   Solx
Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 5:05pm (PST)
How can I reduce the Respawn for Dungeons thru the Creation Kit, this 1 month crap is retarded.

Author:   LloydToS
Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 4:47am (PST)
Just bringing this up a bit, I don't know if anyone has been fiddling with it but I definetely have. Made myself a player home and a dungeon while working on it on and off.

Author:   ShadowJ
Date:   Aug 11, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
quote 4 Aces
Anubis Why is it that when i make a simple solid room, then test it it isnt all there when i enter the game?
You need to "link" your room to another region etc.

In other words, you will need to create a door that will "teleport" you to your room, the room itself will need a "north direction" in order to tell the game which way your character should be facing as well as another door to "teleport" you back to Skyrim

I'm pretty sure one of the wiki's or the Creation Kit wiki will have a page explaining it

The above btw is what I know from the Construction Set, can't be sure if they have changed this in the Creation Kit but I highly doubt it.

Author:   Aulis Vaara
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 12:16pm (PST)
Does anyone have any information or links regarding shouts?

I made a shout that will allow me to kill Essential NPC's (which works way simpler and is more efficient than any other mod I've found so far), but the problem is that I simply don't know enough at the moment. The problem is that I need to add an unlocker to the game, but I have no idea where to do it. I used existing words to create the shout, but I can't find where the other shouts are normally unlocked. Learning the words doesn't automatically give you the shout, and ideally that is what I want the game to do, but like I said, I can't find where.

And then there's the whole matter of finding the audio for the voices and how to add it for a new shout. If you have any information regarding that too, it would be most appreciated.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.