Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1700690-list-of-1000-tips-tricks-secrets-in-skyrim/9.htm

Author:   Jiheishou Daigakusha
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 3:38am (PST)
Subject:   re: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim
-------------------------------------------
90. You can place arrows onto the body of a person or animal you've just killed and remove them again, simultaneously removing any 'stuck' arrows. An enemy's quiver may remain stuck, however.
91. Dragon Priests are really easy to kill with a bow, arrows, shadows/darkness, and a lot of patience.

Author:   Occasus
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 10:22am (PST)
92. Put the muffle enchant on your party member's boots to prevent them from throwing off your position, saves ordering them around constantly as well.

Author:   yellowbelly88
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 1:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: tip no: 23
you can also pick unlimiited arrows off the targets and then sell them - making a little extra cash!

Author:   Fluff-E
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 2:48pm (PST)
93: I doubt that anyone would do this, but if you're lazy press the ' button on your keyboard to go to the command console if you're fighting a dragon click on it then type "kill" in your console, press enter then he's dead. You get the dragon soul, and everything I've tried it twice. It works on everything really.

Author:   Distortion
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 3:02pm (PST)
Using the console is cheating, tsk tsk.

94. The Unrelenting Force shout makes collecting butterfly wings, torchbugs, and the like easy. Using it on the small insects will kill them, but leave their wings etc. on the ground where they died, and you can just pick them up. In fact, you could probably do this with any shout that does damage.

Author:   Occasus
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 4:02pm (PST)
quote Fluff-E
93: I doubt that anyone would do this, but if you're lazy press the ' button on your keyboard to go to the command console if you're fighting a dragon click on it then type "kill" in your console, press enter then he's dead. You get the dragon soul, and everything I've tried it twice. It works on everything really.
More of a cheat than a trick bro, most I use the console for is unlocking broken doors, reviving dead quest NPC's, free camera for fraps, and clip mode if I get stuck. kill command is just way too easy.

Author:   firestorm79
Date:   Jan 03, 12 at 4:48pm (PST)
95. 'calm' plus stealth backstabbing is a great way to take out most monsters in a one-on-one situation (except dragons/daedras/undead and automatons - unless you have the relevant illusion perk). I have one-hitted arch pyromancers, Bandit chiefs, and ice trolls with my DB gloves and daedric dagger.

96. I've noticed that if you enchant a weapon with paralysis and try to sneak attack with it, the sneak attack will fail if they resist the paralysis. I think the same goes for soul trapping. This is clearly a stupid glitch. Therefore don't enchant your daggers/bows with paralysis if you're a stealth character.

Author:   MrJoey313
Date:   Jan 04, 12 at 11:12pm (PST)
67. If you have Shadowmere, you can level up all combat skills (including Destruction) by attacking it. Shadowmere's health revives almost instantaneously, and he doesn't retaliate.
[/quote]

Shadowmere CAN be killed though, I accidentally succeeded in this by trying to ride him up the ramp to the Winterhold College. I ran off the side, I thought we were both dead, but I survived and he died.

Author:   laylowman
Date:   Jan 04, 12 at 11:49pm (PST)
98.) There is an Invisible chest near the mine in the city of Dawnstar. It is full of all kinds of magical and normal weapons/armor/gems you name it. This chest is also leveled. The higher your level the better the stuff is in the chest.

Author:   shooternick
Date:   Jan 05, 12 at 12:32am (PST)
99. Making an iron dagger gives as much xp as any other iron items, saving you much gold and easily levelling up your smithing. It takes about 10-13 iron daggers to level up your smithing at levels 90-100. If you enchant the daggers with petty souls, they become worth 200-280 , making a good return on investment.

Author:   warl0rd11
Date:   Jan 05, 12 at 12:39am (PST)
I'm not sure if this was mentioned but

100. You can kill exposed Draugr while they're still sleeping in the coffins if you have a good enough sneak, or you can just shoot em with arrows.

Author:   BuntCone
Date:   Jan 05, 12 at 10:08am (PST)
quote shooternick
99. Making an iron dagger gives as much xp as any other iron items, saving you much gold and easily levelling up your smithing. It takes about 10-13 iron daggers to level up your smithing at levels 90-100. If you enchant the daggers with petty souls, they become worth 200-280 , making a good return on investment.
Better still, get the "Transmute" spell and alter your iron ore to silver or gold and then smith jewellery. Combine it with gems and enchant (if you can be arsed) to rake in even more gold at a fraction of the weight.

Author:   demoncell
Date:   Jan 05, 12 at 11:45am (PST)
I found another chest like the whiterun one its in winterhold......although you can see it you cantget to it hehe its under the forge btw wish i could fly up to it grrrr

Author:   DSTR
Date:   Jan 06, 12 at 7:17am (PST)
101. skyrim gets boring when you do all the quests and cleared 100+ dungeons and are level 81

Author:   Jiheishou Daigakusha
Date:   Jan 06, 12 at 8:01am (PST)
102. As long as they are sleeping, the ghosts in Yngvild can be fed from by a vampiric character, although I don't know if this counts as a feeding since ghosts don't have blood. (I put this tip on the Yngvild Ghosts page of the Elder Scrolls wiki a few hours ago.)

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.