Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1700690-list-of-1000-tips-tricks-secrets-in-skyrim/8.htm

Author:   radiofrog
Date:   Dec 30, 11 at 9:05pm (PST)
Subject:   re: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim
-------------------------------------------
quote Chad
80) Save your Level Ups for when in major combat. When you level up, all of your Magicka, Health, and Stamina is replenished fully so you'll save a number of potions. I usually do this in tough dungeon or dragon battles when my health is extremely low, and it works wonders.

GREAT tip! So obvious... but have I been doing it? Nope. Duhhhh

Author:   The Killing Light
Date:   Dec 30, 11 at 9:12pm (PST)
quote Solx
23. Pickpocket someone who shoots target dummies with arrows, and take the arrows they were using (usually iron or steel). Then, give them one of the arrow type you want more of. They will now shoot that type of arrow instead of the one they were shooting before. Simply collect the arrows as they hit the target dummy to get as many arrows as desired.

This is the only thing I've read in the first 5 pages that I didn't know.

Author:   Xaos
Date:   Dec 30, 11 at 10:52pm (PST)
quote The Killing Light
quote Solx
23. Pickpocket someone who shoots target dummies with arrows, and take the arrows they were using (usually iron or steel). Then, give them one of the arrow type you want more of. They will now shoot that type of arrow instead of the one they were shooting before. Simply collect the arrows as they hit the target dummy to get as many arrows as desired.

The easiest guy to do this with I've found is the archer inside the Thieve's Guild hideout. He seems to shoot the fastest. Much quicker than using archers in Solitude who just stand there half the time looking at each other.

Author:   warl0rd11
Date:   Dec 30, 11 at 11:28pm (PST)
quote BluePhoenix
quote Darknet
quote spitfire77
11. When you break a pick or turn the lock when it's in the wrong position, the pick will "flick" towards the correct position.
Didn't know that. Interesting...
Can we confirm this?

I have personally confirmed it. I've been able to pick locks with extreme ease with this. Especially since Master Locks are very sensitive, I feel like this tip is gonna be utilized.

Author:   Sunni_Jim
Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 3:11am (PST)
81. In some Dwemer ruins there are pistons that shoot upwards, if you stand on them you can sometimes get to secret places

Author:   Xaos
Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 4:07am (PST)
82. Use the Throw Voice shout to attract your prey to a specific spot. Once they stop moving, snipe them with your bow from a nice vantage point and get some easy kills. Or set up traps with spells and attract enemies into it.

Author:   Leut
Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 6:28am (PST)
quote Sunni_Jim
81. In some Dwemer ruins there are pistons that shoot upwards, if you stand on them you can sometimes get to secret places
Ooo...wanna try that!

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 7:57pm (PST)
Not sure if this has been mentioned..

83: When you level up, select Stamina to increase your carry limit by 5

Author:   The Killing Light
Date:   Dec 31, 11 at 8:36pm (PST)
quote Xaos
quote The Killing Light
quote Solx

The easiest guy to do this with I've found is the archer inside the Thieve's Guild hideout. He seems to shoot the fastest. Much quicker than using archers in Solitude who just stand there half the time looking at each other.
I noticed that I could collect an unlimited amount of steel arrows from him (of course I'm a Khajiiti thief, like those who raided the Bosmeri folks in Sun's Height of the year 1E2920) yeah I'm a nerd. Anyway, I just didn't know that you could change their arrows.

I should add a simple trick.

84. Draugr are very simple to escape from. (regular Draugr) If you feel in danger, run back through the dungeon until you find a door, or a crevice, and hide there. They usually don't go back more than 2-3 rooms, if you sprint. Though running down a long hallway, and through some rooms is ideal.

Author:   demoncell
Date:   Jan 01, 12 at 4:12pm (PST)
i shoot butterflies with my bow if they get too high then collect them hehe

Author:   Defcon1
Date:   Jan 01, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
86: Those lacking the throw voice shout, can fire an arrow at points they want enemies to investigate.

Author:   DSTR
Date:   Jan 02, 12 at 4:49pm (PST)
87. Outside of Whiterun are 4 Kajhits (dont know how to spell it) that can be killed for lower levels to get good armor and 1 of them is essential so you can increase you block, one handed, two handed, destrution, healing, light and heavy armors and there is no bounty for it!

Author:   Riez
Date:   Jan 02, 12 at 8:13pm (PST)
88. Dismiss your followers at their 'home' location. They can get stuck on the trip back & become lost to you.

89. Use r3 Unrelenting force at the feet of a stuck follower to dislodge them.

Author:   dazonkey
Date:   Jan 02, 12 at 8:40pm (PST)
quote DSTR
87. Outside of Whiterun are 4 Kajhits (dont know how to spell it) that can be killed for lower levels to get good armor and 1 of them is essential so you can increase you block, one handed, two handed, destrution, healing, light and heavy armors and there is no bounty for it!
Is a Kajhit a thug, cuz i was out at night burning a horse and 4 thugs with really good armor popped up and tried to backstab me but I burned em down.

Author:   HyperBeam64
Date:   Jan 02, 12 at 8:53pm (PST)
quote dazonkey
quote DSTR
Is a Kajhit a thug, cuz i was out at night burning a horse and 4 thugs with really good armor popped up and tried to backstab me but I burned em down.
No, the Khajits are the cat-like race in Skyrim. Thugs are sent after you for stealing things.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.