Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1700690-list-of-1000-tips-tricks-secrets-in-skyrim/6.htm

Author:   Occasus
Date:   Dec 26, 11 at 1:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim
-------------------------------------------
64. While in Beast Form you have a roar effect that will scare the bejeesus out of anyone nearby. You can also combine your dash and power attack as a werewolf to do a tackle move that is extremely deadly. (Enjoying my werekitty)

Author:   StumpyDaKlown
Date:   Dec 26, 11 at 11:13am (PST)
65. The lockpicking skill gains some XP when you brake lockpicks.

Author:   Kafani
Date:   Dec 27, 11 at 7:47am (PST)
^^this is obvious as you can see your skill bar as you're lock-picking. smdh are people really that lazy now?

66. Level up conjuration by casting courage at any NPC or any person who is not attacking you.

67. If you have Shadowmere, you can level up all combat skills (including Destruction) by attacking it. Shadowmere's health revives almost instantaneously, and he doesn't retaliate.

Author:   radiofrog
Date:   Dec 27, 11 at 11:32pm (PST)
68. You can level up destruction easily if you haven't started the Companions Guild yet. At the beginning you face off against a guy to "prove" yourself. Instead, just cast destructomagic on him. He'll just keep telling you, "We don't use magic," as he stands there taking no damage.

Author:   MrJoey313
Date:   Dec 28, 11 at 12:51am (PST)
quote radiofrog
68. You can level up destruction easily if you haven't started the Companions Guild yet. At the beginning you face off against a guy to "prove" yourself. Instead, just cast destructomagic on him. He'll just keep telling you, "We don't use magic," as he stands there taking no damage.

This particular exploit has the tendency to glitch your game, I tried this and ended up getting locked into the quest to join the Companions. I couldn't work on any other quests while it was active and I couldn't finish it nor could I fail it. I had to restart.

Author:   Xaos
Date:   Dec 28, 11 at 12:58am (PST)
69. It takes a little under 5 playing hours from when you get off the wagon at the beginning of the game to when you reach level 81 from exploiting the Oghma glitch if all you do is run straight to the start of the quest when you leave Helgen.

Date:   Dec 28, 11 at 5:51pm (PST)
70. Enchanting 'Banish' On just about any weapon makes it extremely valuable, this is from just about any soul gem as well. Enjoy That extra money.

Author:   vonbark1
Date:   Dec 28, 11 at 7:22pm (PST)
71. if you look your follower eye to eye when they're blocking a doorway they'll move. this isn't super important but it aggravates the shit out of me when they're in the way.

Author:   radiofrog
Date:   Dec 28, 11 at 11:19pm (PST)
quote MrJoey313
quote radiofrog

This particular exploit has the tendency to glitch your game, I tried this and ended up getting locked into the quest to join the Companions. I couldn't work on any other quests while it was active and I couldn't finish it nor could I fail it. I had to restart.

Whoa.. thanks... good to know. Good thing I only used it to go up one extra level I needed for a perk.

Author:   Abon
Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 12:54am (PST)
71. If u beaten the darkbrother hood questline in solitude 3 emperors bodyguards (name escapes me at the moment) spawn in the tower opposite side of the castle dour court yard. They are hostile but won't attack you, put the difficulty level on master and attack them with iron weapons or destruction spells or bash with shield, when there health gets low heal them with healing hands good way to max out all combat skills and restoration and block (:

72. Also this may be a glitch but it happened to me I married aela the huntress from the companions right after I did I loaded deciding not to marry her and married another woman and aela came in crashing the wedding and killing my bride to be its a good way to get ur wifes stuff if it works for you

Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 4:21am (PST)
74. (Might wanna correct your count Abon) If your archery skill is high enough, it begins to auto aim for you, all you have to do is have the enemy somewhere within the crosshair.

Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 4:51am (PST)
quote Kafani
quote Occasus
74. (Might wanna correct your count Abon) If your archery skill is high enough, it begins to auto aim for you, all you have to do is have the enemy somewhere within the crosshair.
Do you know what skill level this occurs at?
I wanna say around 70, that's when I started to notice it.

Author:   Leut
Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 7:23am (PST)
75. You can glitch a dragon so it will not attack/fight back, presenting a free opportunity to get skill increases.

How??

I found out perfectly by accident. I was at a dragon site with a word wall. I started battling the dragon. Then it began to attack some goats. It had flown a little distance from me when chasing the goats down. So, I ran after it. It began circling me after the goats were dead. But it never attacked.

I did not have Dragonrend yet. I tried and tried to cast at it with my spells but could never connect. I finally had enough (after an hour of this) and ran off, leaving it behind.

Later the next day I returned to the same initial dragon site and there it was!! Sitting there. Just.....sitting.....staring at me.....sitting... No matter how much bashing or casting I did it would not die!!

Got my Destruction up to 100. Got One-handed to 100. Was working on Two-handed when I got tired and decided I would save and turn the game off for sleep.

When I loaded up the save the next morning, the dragon died instantly.

So, I have tried repeating and only managed to get it to do it again once. So, all I can say is try it out if you want. It might work for you!

Author:   Kafani
Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 7:27am (PST)
^^^That definitely seems like a bug, its not very reliable. Besides, I already listed the Shadowmere exploit, which is basically the same thing except that you have to do some quests to earn Shadowmere.

Author:   Leut
Date:   Dec 29, 11 at 7:38am (PST)
quote Kafani
^^^That definitely seems like a bug, its not very reliable. Besides, I already listed the Shadowmere exploit, which is basically the same thing except that you have to do some quests to earn Shadowmere.
Way to go taking a dump in the punch bowl there, ace.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.