Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1700690-list-of-1000-tips-tricks-secrets-in-skyrim/3.htm

Author:   hxcpunkjj
Date:   Dec 03, 11 at 11:59pm (PST)
Subject:   re: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim
-------------------------------------------
40. You can get the house in Solitude and it's upgrades for free. Once you have clicked the option to buy the house, and he says "Here's your key" or w/e, quickly turn round and put your gold in the cupboard.

Author:   Throe
Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 12:05am (PST)
quote Spark
39. Don't side with the stormcloak scum.
Why?

41. Using enough lightning damage(or drain/absorb magicka) against a dragon will stop them from breathing fire/frost, but they will still do the animation(due to being out of magicka).

Author:   Resilience
Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 2:33am (PST)
42. If you're suffering from a disease and need to cure yourself immediately, but lack the means to do so, look to the skies. You can shoot hawks to get their feathers, which have the ability to cure disease.

Author:   Dreegle
Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 2:59am (PST)
43.On Xbox 360, if you find a dragon priests mask (I use Volsung), you can equip it, AND a falmer helm, and it gives you the armour and enchantment of both helms, counts as light armour...and makes your head invisible sometimes (depending on which helmet is visible)

Author:   countrygal9009
Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 4:27am (PST)
44. Skyforge weapons level up with you
Example: you have a skyforge sword that does 10 damage, level up and now it does 13 damage.

Author:   firestorm79
Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 9:34am (PST)
quote firestorm79
quote spitfire77
32. Your companion can carry an unlimited number and weight of stuff, but only if you tell them to pick them up in command mode.

33. You can skip the dialog and go straight to command mode by pointing your cursor at your companion from far enough away that the "talk" option doesn't appear, and holding the 'use'
These are fking awesome tips!!! I've been struggling with encumbrance to such a level that I'm thinking about getting the 'conditioning' perk... Now I'm going to rethink things!
I think this glitches up your companion. I can never just trade stuff with her the normal way anymore - it always shows that she is over encumbered and cannot take any equipment from me... Can anyone confirm this?

Author:   soopiemeister
Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 2:14pm (PST)
quote Kedjown
quote Solx
quote shaunybaby
quote Solx
23. Pickpocket someone who shoots target dummies with arrows, and take the arrows they were using (usually iron or steel). Then, give them one of the arrow type you want more of. They will now shoot that type of arrow instead of the one they were shooting before. Simply collect the arrows as they hit the target dummy to get as many arrows as desired.

I love you.

I Love you too.
I also love you!
Everybody loves somebody sometimes...

45. If you get yourself a wife she'll cook for you

Author:   HamsterMan
Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 2:34pm (PST)
Haven't read all of them so apologies if it's already here.

46. When finishing the College quests you can train Restoration easily. Learn the Equilibrium spell from the book that you find in the final dungeon, then equip Equilibrium to one hand and the Novice healing spell to the other. Use Equilibrium to damage your health a little and then cast both spells simultaneously. You can hold down both spells for about 90 seconds before you should heal yourself (almost) fully, and you can train Restoration whilst running around.

How it works is that the Heal spell takes away Magicka and adds to HP, whereas the Equilibrium spell takes away from HP and adds to Magicka. With around +250% Magicka restoration gear you can hold both spells in indefinitely without ever running out of Magicka/Health.

The only downside is that it doesn't raise Alteration at the same time.

47. You can raise Conjuration/Destruction easily too by summoning a wolf familiar and then destroying it with any Destruction spell for 0 coin cost.

Author:   PrincessRyo
Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 4:18pm (PST)
48.) When in doubt, manually SAVE often and quit to the dashboard/main screen. As much as we love Skyrim, the unfixed glitches such as lag and freezing errors are pretty bad sometimes.

49.) Dragons attacking you? Got you feeling down and out with no good magic resistance on your side? If you have the spell "Rally", go around buffing up the guards of the town who are shooting arrows and don't forget your companion (either temporary for a quest or personally chosen), they'll love you forever for buffing them!

Author:   FlapJack
Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 4:33pm (PST)
quote PrincessRyo
48.) When in doubt, manually SAVE often and quit to the dashboard/main screen. As much as we love Skyrim, the unfixed glitches such as lag and freezing errors are pretty bad sometimes.

that's probably the most useful and important facts on this thread

Date:   Dec 04, 11 at 4:40pm (PST)
quote firestorm79
quote firestorm79
quote spitfire77
32. Your companion can carry an unlimited number and weight of stuff, but only if you tell them to pick them up in command mode.

33. You can skip the dialog and go straight to command mode by pointing your cursor at your companion from far enough away that the "talk" option doesn't appear, and holding the 'use'
These are fking awesome tips!!! I've been struggling with encumbrance to such a level that I'm thinking about getting the 'conditioning' perk... Now I'm going to rethink things!
I think this glitches up your companion. I can never just trade stuff with her the normal way anymore - it always shows that she is over encumbered and cannot take any equipment from me... Can anyone confirm this?
Bump

Can anyone confirm this?

Author:   Inkstainz
Date:   Dec 05, 11 at 3:11pm (PST)
quote firestorm79
quote firestorm79
quote firestorm79
quote spitfire77

Bump

Can anyone confirm this?
i used this trick with my companion and i was able to give her almost 1000 lbs of stuff....got back to whiterun before i could add anymore

Author:   ratman
Date:   Dec 05, 11 at 3:38pm (PST)
these are all interesting facts

Date:   Dec 05, 11 at 4:54pm (PST)
inkstainz i don't think you quite got what i was saying. I know that using this glitch lydia can carry nearly a house on her back, but what i'm saying is that after you glitch her in this way she can't just 'trade' stuff with her without having to drop it on the ground and commanding her to pick it up

Author:   ThaRealDragonborn
Date:   Dec 14, 11 at 3:55am (PST)
If you sleep with your spouse 10 times if you married a woman she will become pregnant.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.