Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim - page 27

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1700690-list-of-1000-tips-tricks-secrets-in-skyrim/27.htm

Author:   bmx4all
Date:   May 24, 12 at 9:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim
-------------------------------------------
Psiberserker, this is a list of tips and tricks. I'm sure everyone has played the game through by now, so we are all looking for suggestions others may have. Although you have provided such a suggestion, it's probably not worthwhile on a tips and tricks list. Scroll to the top of the page to see thread title.

319 don't put a tip or TRICK on here because anyone/everyone that doesn't like it, will tell you it's dumb.

320. If you do the multiple armor glitch, the seed stone and/or conditioning perk only work on what's on the outside. Explained: if you have six sets of daedric armor on, you only get one sets weight discounted. Alternative: do the glitch with alchemy gear and make boosted enchanting potions.

321. A lot of sites say the daedric bow is best. If you like fortify archery gear, then the bound bow is a nice alternative. Additionally, it's arrows glow in the dark, which makes it easy to loot the draugr bodies.

Author:   Steven Johnson
Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 5:36am (PST)
322. Skeleton Key.It can be obtained from Mercer Frey at the end of the Thieves Guild quest "Blindsighted". In order to complete the remaining quests for the Guild.I think it is n lock pick that is Unbreakable...just don't return it if that chick ask you too..

Author:   LloydToS
Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 2:02pm (PST)
323. Perhaps not really a tip or trick.. or anything for that matter. But there are many secret things to be found in this game. On the edge of a mountain on the very southeastern borders of the map I managed to find a frost troll for example. He had apparently killed an imperial and dragged his corpse up there as there was a trail of blood.

324. There are a whole bunch of treasure maps to be found which will show you locations of treasure chests. I believe they only appear once you have the map but I'm not 100% on that.

Author:   Silver Rathalos
Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 2:22pm (PST)
325. I dont know if it's been mentioned yet. But a there's a way to get 100 sneak beginning of the game in Helgen when you go inside, there's a spot where you can just tie your controller and sneak in a corner, leave for a few hours.

Author:   RatedRViper
Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
I did that in 10 minutes. Crouch behind hadvor or ralof and then get an iron dagger or the loewest damage blade out. Sneak attack them. Just dont attacling when they are regenerating health and dont pwer attack. They dont fight back!

326: dunno if its mentioned but the secret chests in skyrim.... Like dawnstar, whiterun etc. Theres one for every vendor i believe.

Author:   Steven Johnson
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 3:10am (PST)
327.Fast rage quit or fast exiting...tap the console key '' ` " in game and type "qqq" it will exit without saving..good for if you get a glitch or stuck..

Author:   Skyrim Champion
Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 3:56am (PST)
328. IF YOU GET A WOODEN PLATE AND HOLD it in front of you and run into a wall you will run through the wall

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 5:05am (PST)
329 - Finding the dog from the smither in Falkreath and not returning him or continuing that particular quest will keep him by your side in battles at all time and he will be UNKILLABLE! You can also have another follower by your side. So you could have the dog, your follower and a familiar!

Author:   Zirco
Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 7:19am (PST)
(not sure what number this is)
ok, so there are a lot of people talking about the invisible chest in Dawnstar, BUT did you all know that there are THREE chests like that?
and also, the chests are owned by the three Kajit(spelling?) cravans, Ahkari, Ma'dran, and Ri'saad.
(you should be able to tell since the contense of the chests are similar to the caravans merchandise)
ANYway here are the locations of the chests:
Ahkari's is in Dawnstar, next to the mine, to the left and you will see a tree with three stones to the right. the chest is in the middle-ish of the three stones.
Ma'dran's is outside of Markarth near a stone wall across from where Ri'saad sets up shop. to be specific, the chest is on the side of the wall facing the river, and I found it on the ground where there is a bit of an indent on the top of the wall. it is a stone wall.
Ri'saad's is outside of Soiltude where Ma'dran stes up shop, right in front of and a little to the rightof a small tree (my brother says it's a bush) BUT the chest is not accessible is Ma'dran's caravan is currently there, as the main tent is where the chest is.

but WHY am i saying the names of the Kajit people you may ask? BECAUSE to replenish the chests, you need to whait 48 hours, and the ask whats for sale to the owner of the chest

Author:   Zirco
Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 7:22am (PST)
oh yeah, and here is the locations of the Kajit caravans:
Ahkari travels between Dawnstar, Whiterun and Riften
Ma'dran travels between Windhelm and Solitude
Ri'saad travels between Markarth and Whiterun

also, you need to be in sneak mode to access the chests, but it doesn't matter if someone sees you, because there is never any bounty if you take from the chests, because i read the they were placed by Bethesda studios for you to just find

one final thing: the loot in the chests get BETTER as you level up.

I hope these help!

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 12:39am (PST)
*BUMP*

333. (I think).

If you are sneaking through a very dark enemy dungeon or cave and dont want to drop your bow to hold a torch you can simply drop the torch to the ground then "carry" it around holding the action button. It will still light your way and allow you to immediately fire your bow if you see an enemy.

Oh and whoever told us that you can manually mine using a pic axe is a damn hero. Much faster way of doing it.

Author:   TheBeardedMan
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 2:04am (PST)
Dual wield pickaxes then use Elemental Fury

Author:   ChalieS
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 6:12pm (PST)
Jarrin root, Crimson nirnroot, and glow dust make the most powerful poison in the game up to over 6000 health No magic regen for 162 secs, minus 292 stam with right items and perks.Also, with an ability u have a 25%chance of making two. There is only one jarrin root available in the game.

Author:   hondansx269
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 11:27am (PST)
I don't know the last number, but when you are chopping wood and are done with the simulation instead of having to look down to chop some more wood, you can pull down on the left analog stick after you see or hear the third piece of wood being chopped. This will allow you to continue chopping wood without having to look down, this will be somewhat quicker. I don't know if it's part of the game or if it's a glitch. Nothing has happened to me so far an I have been able to get 1000 coins in a day in the game.

Author:   Panda_Led_ninja
Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 10:17pm (PST)
30000000million If you get all the dawnstar brotherhood guild's upgrade for a torture chamber, you can torture them to find out where they hid their "stash". There are 4 people and 2 of them have 2000 hidden. Don't be afraid to slash them they are tough. Don't know if this has been said yet, but it's all I got.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.