Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim - page 24

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1700690-list-of-1000-tips-tricks-secrets-in-skyrim/24.htm

Author:   The Geek
Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 7:45am (PST)
Subject:   re: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim
-------------------------------------------
Admittedly, I read this somewhere else, but since this is a list of 1,000, and I did not see this in the thread (and I read the whole damn thing), I figured it can go here as well.
Do you like gold? Having a difficult time raising the required capital to buy that sweet pad in Solitude? Do you enjoy pushing the X and Square buttons on your PS3 controller like a monkey on speed? I know how you can raise your Smithing, Enchanting and Speech skills all at the same time!
Go to an iron mine and mine it to your heart's content (the one in Dawnstar regenerates itself every 30 some-odd in days). Also, keep the pelt of every animal you kill/ find (especially bears and sabre kitties), as you will also need a lot of leather for this. Go to Whiterun and smelt all your iron ore. Use the forge and turn all that ore into Iron Daggers. The trick works with all weapons you create, but daggers use only one ingot: 1 Ingot= 1 Dagger. Now take all your daggers up to the Arcane Enchanter in Dragonreach and enchant your daggers with Banish. (I do not remember how I got that enchantment. Like everything else in the game, I probably got a Banish weapon at random and then disenchanted it just for the hell of it.) The point is, a regular iron dagger is worth 10. A Banish dagger is worth anywhere between 1600- 2200, I think depending on the Soul Gem you use.
Now you have an ass ton of Enchanted daggers, but what to do with them, you say? Go to Riften and use the Persuade glitch on the bartender in the Black- Briar meadery. Level your Speech to 100. All of this alone will Level you up several times. Use some of those Level perks until you get to the Invest perk in the Speech tree. Hang on, you are almost there.
Go to Riverwood, and invest in the Riverwood Trader. Wait an in-day or two, and the man at the counter will have over 10,000 gold to use. sell him as many of the daggers as you can, and when he runs out of coin, wait 48 in-game hours and repeat. Keep mining, smithing and enchanting until you have more coin than you can shake a stick at. Doing all of this will also Level you up very quickly.
I hope this helps. This is an awesome trick, especially early in the game, as you can get very powerful, very quickly.

Author:   Kratos 89
Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 3:47pm (PST)
28: When battling a dragon, use dragonrend as quickly as possible if it is flying/hovering
29: Read every book you can. you can find quests and skills in them
30: Raise smithing to level 100 as soon as possible, you can make some really cool stuff.

Author:   Kratos 89
Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 3:48pm (PST)
whoops.:D

Author:   KillerSp-ace
Date:   Apr 26, 12 at 1:12am (PST)
#whatever number this is:

South of Riften there is a mine (forget the name). It's not hard to find as it's the only one in the area. There are no enemies inside, and there is not much to find in it. If you get onto the area behind the waterfall, there is a very good surprise. Very good...

Author:   jewphin
Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 12:11am (PST)
[SPOILER]I didn't take the time to read all these....too many xD but this should be number 1. WARNING: THIS IS A GAME BREAKING EXPLOIT!!!!!! This exploit will allow you to maximize all of your skills to 100 and bring you to level 81.
Step 1: There is a quest called Discerning the Transmudane given to you by Septimus Signus (you will come across him during the College of Winterhold quest line) When you complete this quest (or just about) he will try and take a book but be obliterated by some crazy void thing. When you grab the book (called the Oghma Infinium), CHOOSE THE OPTION DO NOT READ!!!!
Step 2: Travel somewhere where there is a fairly empty bookcase (i had my own house so i used that)
Step 3: Open a book shelf.
Step 4: Go down to books and find the Oghma Infinium.
Step 5: (i did this on a 360) Choose equip (either right or left TRIGGER) and choose the path you wish to increase.
Step 6: Back out of the book and choose Store ('X' button)
Step 7: Pick up the book off the shelf and SELECT DO NOT READ!!!!
Step 8: Repeat steps 4-7 until all of your skills are 100 and you are level 81 or whenever you want to.
NOTE: save A LOT in case you lose your book.
NOTE: For some reason when i did this on my first attempt it would NOT let me level up a handful of skills (alchemy was stuck at 99 and all of my mage skills wouldn't go past 97 or 98) and i would lose the book randomly. I would not get any skill increases and it never even said the book was taken out of my inventory. However i saved a few times and it eventually let me do it. This seems to be fairly random and the cause is still unknown. But keep trying

Author:   dgmcknight3
Date:   May 03, 12 at 1:27am (PST)
Easy smithing and affordable buy and collect all of the leather you can find and make a bunch of leather bracers I find it cheap and you get a nice increase in skill with it

Author:   the_FAMAS_pro
Date:   May 03, 12 at 1:55am (PST)
WHAT IS IT? TELL ME! PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU!

Author:   xxT0MM3Yxx
Date:   May 03, 12 at 8:13am (PST)
If you are in werewolf from you can reek havoc in towns and not have a bounty on your head when you wake up.

if you have the werewolf power it is impossible to contract the vampire disease.

Author:   psiberzerker
Date:   May 03, 12 at 10:04am (PST)
quote xxT0MM3Yxx
If you are in werewolf from you can reek havoc in towns and not have a bounty on your head when you wake up.

if you have the werewolf power it is impossible to contract the vampire disease.
Make sure you change from hiding, anybody sees it, and there might still be bounties.

Date:   May 03, 12 at 4:11pm (PST)
Horned steel helmet enchanted with plus 20 magic gives you unlimited novice spells your magic drains but it continues spraying fire or whatever you like

This message was edited on 2012-05-04T22:53:12-07:00.

Author:   AmpersandManSand
Date:   May 04, 12 at 7:39pm (PST)
find a weak enemy (mudcrab, frostbite spider) equip Healing Hands and any Destruction magic. Do this preferably in a dungeon with narrow corridors so you can hide. This whole process is to level up as many things as possible with just one enemy. Have on your best magic apparel to restore magic faster. Blast the enemy with both healing hands and destruction until you run out, let him hit you till your near death, run away, crouch and hide until hidden to get your sneak up. Run back, get a shield out and melee the enemy until you're out of stanima. Repeat over and over and over. I call this DU JUin, Short for Dude Juicing. You can also add other processes to this procedure.

Date:   May 04, 12 at 8:05pm (PST)
quote AmpersandManSand
find a weak enemy (mudcrab, frostbite spider) equip Healing Hands and any Destruction magic. Do this preferably in a dungeon with narrow corridors so you can hide. This whole process is to level up as many things as possible with just one enemy. Have on your best magic apparel to restore magic faster. Blast the enemy with both healing hands and destruction until you run out, let him hit you till your near death, run away, crouch and hide until hidden to get your sneak up. Run back, get a shield out and melee the enemy until you're out of stanima. Repeat over and over and over. I call this DU JUin, Short for Dude Juicing. You can also add other processes to this procedure.
There's lots of places you can bottleneck Mammoths, where you can hit them, but they can't reach you. The best one is a little Cupola at the bottom of Silent Moons Camp. Clear out the bandits first, then kite the nearby Mammoths over there. Proceed to grind Destruction, Restoration, Archery, Conjuration, or whatever. Not hand weapons, unfortunately, and armor skills would be suicidal at lower levels, but any spells that require you to be in combat, such as mage Flesh, bound weapons, and so forth are fine as ong as they're still aggro. You can also pick up a couple Grand Souls here, and discharge staffs to level Enchanting. Once you can survive a couple hits from them, you can work Armor, and Restoration with Fast healing, or Close Wounds.

A lot of these skills give XP based on the level of Enemies you're up against. So, training on Mudcrabs is going to take a lot longer than Mammoths regardless of how much actual danger you're in. Especially Block, you can step up, stun bash until you're out of stamina, then step back to recover. Same with Health, and Magicka, of course, though they don't recover as quickly without enchantments. The Lady Stone really helps for this.

This message was edited on 2012-05-04T20:15:13-07:00.

Date:   May 04, 12 at 10:51pm (PST)
Instead of buying a house save your money and use the chest on the grey beards mountain I have never lost anything through it

Date:   May 04, 12 at 11:35pm (PST)
quote dgmcknight3
Instead of buying a house save your money and use the chest on the grey beards mountain I have never lost anything through it
Also the chest Delphine stashes your stuff in after Dilomatic Immunity, and the one out front of Sky Haven Temple. That's just in the Main Quest, the best player available home, the Archmage's Quarters are free once you comlete the CoWH arc.

Author:   bmx4all
Date:   May 05, 12 at 3:29pm (PST)
#310. If you're horse dies (frost or shadowmere) place a custom marker on the map where he died.
#311. If you're looking for smithing gear, check out radiant rainment in solitude. If nothing is there go outside and wait 48 hours.

This message was edited on 2012-05-05T16:08:16-07:00.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.