Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1700690-list-of-1000-tips-tricks-secrets-in-skyrim/14.htm

Author:   Dillion298
Date:   Jan 16, 12 at 3:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim
-------------------------------------------
Why are you in here? So far, you've given one tip over the course of your four posts, and the other three have just been attempting to contradict what other's are posting in as rude a way as possible.

quote elaintahra
149. To advance in Blocking / onehanded / twohanded skills, find an easy target such as a bandit who will try to kill you with a sword etc and block block block hit them, if they get low on health just heal them. repeat. fast leveling on those skills.

quote elaintahra
How is this different from just using the console to add blocking levels to yourself? Does this make you feel any less a cheater? Who are you exactly trying to impress in "At least I didnt cheat my way thru the game, I feel better now"?
That being said;

151. After two weeks in-game time, Shadowmere will respawn in the place of death after she is killed. I saw a lot of people concerned with accidentally killing her, just thought I'd throw this tip out there.

Author:   SwiftBlade
Date:   Jan 16, 12 at 4:03pm (PST)
Apparently, becoming a vampire lets the game flag you as undead. Which means that with the necromage perk, which apparently makes spells work better on undead, pretty much all the enchantments on armour and clothes work better.

Author:   demoncell
Date:   Jan 16, 12 at 9:18pm (PST)
Kill a bunny rabbit with duel thunder bolt expert spell and watch them fly hehe

Author:   DSTR
Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 1:52am (PST)
Dillion298 if that shadowmere thing works, that will be the best tip i have ever read.

Author:   reaversattick
Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 3:35am (PST)
quote DSTR
Dillion298 if that shadowmere thing works, that will be the best tip i have ever read.

you have to remember where you lost it though, which I don't. unsure if it died or just got lost even.

Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 3:37am (PST)
quote DSTR
Just note that the time does vary. Sometimes, she'll respawn after 14 days, sometimes it'll take a month. But she will respawn in her place of death.

Author:   xXCommonXx
Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 3:44am (PST)
I'm pretty sure shadowmere is a he... You can goto cyrodill

Author:   firestorm79
Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 7:26am (PST)
quote Dillion298
quote DSTR
Just note that the time does vary. Sometimes, she'll respawn after 14 days, sometimes it'll take a month. But she will respawn in her place of death.
Isn't shadowmere like an npc, in that she'll return to her default point if left alone too long (I.e. DB sanctuary)? Which means after he respawns and you don't go back to him for like a further month he'll just go back to his home? No?

Author:   swk3000
Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 12:18pm (PST)
quote SwiftBlade
Apparently, becoming a vampire lets the game flag you as undead. Which means that with the necromage perk, which apparently makes spells work better on undead, pretty much all the enchantments on armour and clothes work better.
Specifically, this increases the Magnitude of any effect the game implements as a spell (or Duration if it has no Magnitude) by 25%. This means Potions, Spells, Shouts, and Enchanted equipment. For example, if a vampire with Necromage equips Morokei, they will get +125% Mana Regen instead of +100%.

Author:   Emerald Demond
Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 12:33pm (PST)
Not sure if this was already stated or not, but:

#152: Bugs giving you the run around? Finding it hard to catch that Luna Moth? Well, shout at them; a well aimed Unrelenting Force will knock the creatures down, and you will see the corresponding alchemy ingredients on the ground...

Author:   BuntCone
Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 12:42pm (PST)
quote Emerald Demond
Not sure if this was already stated or not, but:

#152: Bugs giving you the run around? Finding it hard to catch that Luna Moth? Well, shout at them; a well aimed Unrelenting Force will knock the creatures down, and you will see the corresponding alchemy ingredients on the ground...

yeah that was mentioned before

Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 6:08pm (PST)
153. You can only choose 80 perks to increase, so choose wisley.

Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 6:11pm (PST)
Dillion298 your tip saved me from wasting 1000 septims on horses every time one of them dies.

And does anyone know where to get Skyrim jtag mods, as i dont feel like destroying the disc to hack it.

Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 7:12pm (PST)
quote firestorm79
quote Dillion298
quote DSTR
Isn't shadowmere like an npc, in that she'll return to her default point if left alone too long (I.e. DB sanctuary)? Which means after he respawns and you don't go back to him for like a further month he'll just go back to his home? No?
I honestly can't tell you that, as I have no idea. I remember in Oblivion, she returned to Fort Farragut if you left her alone too long, but do horses work like NPC's this game? She's not essential this game, and I don't know if she's scripted to act like one.

quote xXCommonXx
I'm pretty sure shadowmere is a he... You can goto cyrodill
In Oblivion, Lucien referred to Shadowmere as a she. I know it's referred to as a he in Skyrim, but I've always addressed Shadow as a girl. So I stick to what I know.

Author:   Benjoman183
Date:   Jan 17, 12 at 10:00pm (PST)
I skipped to the end of this forum, just to put a few tips in, so if these have already been put in, sorry.

Tip: If you get a dagger, and sneak up behind one of the praying greybeards, in high hrothgar, you can repeatedly stab them in the back, to get your sneak up.

Tip: If you get the conjuration spell, Soul trap you can use it over and over again on a dead body, and level up your conjuration.

Tip : Talk to an elf (Dark elf I think) in riften and speak to him. He's called ungrien. When you speak to him, you can ask him about maven black briar, and it gives you and option to persuade. You can just do this over and over again, to get speech better.

Sorry if any of these are repeats.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.