Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Skyrim PC tweak guide - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1697369-skyrim-pc-tweak-guide/

Author:   chautemoc
Date:   Nov 17, 11 at 5:10pm (PST)
Subject:   Skyrim PC tweak guide
-------------------------------------------
Enjoy. Feel free to add/edit, just so long as you really know what you're doing, and have personally tested and verified your tweaks. Alternately you can just make suggestions here and I'll test myself.

[[we.skyrim:Tweak_guide]]

Author:   Liege
Date:   Nov 17, 11 at 5:44pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Skyrim PC tweak guide
One might also want to try changing bMouseAcceleration=1 to 0 if disabling VSync didn't do enough to correct erratic mouse movements.

I'm trying an FOV of 80 when I get home. I've always used 90 in everything else and been delighted with it, but in Skyrim I can see through my shoulder when looking low with a bow in hand.

Author:   J Villeneuve
Date:   Nov 17, 11 at 6:13pm (PST)
I am having issues with the PC where the game crashes to desktop.

I searched online and it seems the only proper cause is sound issues. i followed the instructions to fix those to no avail.

Mind you, I have the latest drivers for my VGA and the game runs awesome, until it crashes randomly.

Would appreciate any input of anyone who could solve this issue

Author:   MyLifeIsRandom
Date:   Nov 17, 11 at 8:44pm (PST)
I know it's an odd request, but is there any way to just turn shadows off? I'd like to know I have that option.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Nov 18, 11 at 5:00am (PST)
quote MyLifeIsRandom
I know it's an odd request, but is there any way to just turn shadows off? I'd like to know I have that option.
Can't approve of this since I'm not playing on the PC, but this thread that I just read displays the ability to disable shadows. Might want to have Vendetta, the thread's creator, confirm that for you just in case.

Author:   Vendetta
Date:   Nov 18, 11 at 5:22am (PST)
You can turn off the shadows. Just open SkyrimPrefs.ini with notepad and change iShadowMapResolution=(#) to 0. You'll be better off just turning shadows down to low, however; removing them completely only hurts your FPS.

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Nov 22, 11 at 1:41am (PST)
Anyone know if you can run a series of console commands from a text (or batch) file?

For example: Toggle the in-game HUD/menus on/off and to take a screen shots.

Author:   Mr HeebieJeebie
Date:   Nov 27, 11 at 8:48pm (PST)
Hey, I'm having issues trying to change this stuff in my .ini file. I have the right one but when I try to save it tells me my access to the save location is denied. Any solutions would be appreciated, these mouse issues are incredibly irritating. . .

Author:   chautemoc
Date:   Nov 29, 11 at 4:48pm (PST)
quote J Villeneuve
I am having issues with the PC where the game crashes to desktop.

I searched online and it seems the only proper cause is sound issues. i followed the instructions to fix those to no avail.

Mind you, I have the latest drivers for my VGA and the game runs awesome, until it crashes randomly.

Would appreciate any input of anyone who could solve this issue
If it's a crash on startup, set your sample rate to 44100Hz. A fix for this will be implemented Wednesday about.

Author:   J Villeneuve
Date:   Nov 29, 11 at 5:10pm (PST)
has nothing to do with sound. I tried the sound fix

Author:   Tom105
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 1:46pm (PST)
Does anyone know how to get rid of the access denied screen? I've had it come up for 5 days and I can't get rid of it. Please help.

Author:   CrisGer
Date:   Mar 23, 12 at 12:15am (PST)
They are still working out the bugs in Skyrim with such a complex platform and extensive world we knew there would be things to find out once the load increased on the platform and it has. The new patch has helped a lot of things but also introduced a new bug so tweaking is a matter of waiting a bit too as well as doing what you can. They will keep on it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.