Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Gerneral character questions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1697032-gerneral-character-questions/

Author:   Suchen
Date:   Nov 16, 11 at 3:57am (PST)
Subject:   Gerneral character questions
-------------------------------------------
Hello,

i'm new 2 these kind of rpg's and have a few questions:

1. I read that the initial classbonus can be easily caught up meaning I can choose can match whatever weapon/Class I want (like breton with 2h sword only) - or is it too much trouble?

2. Can every class lern every skill in the game? (like a mage learning warrior skills?)

3. If I wanted a bow/woodelf how easy is it to refill bows?

4. What would be the best skilling for 3.? (i don't like changing weapons much)

5. I used the search function but coudn't find this either:

If i play an assassin (bow/double daggers) how would I best skill?

Sorry that there are so many n00b questions but i really have a hard time with this...

Thanks a lot!

Author:   Hell Fire
Date:   Nov 16, 11 at 4:12am (PST)
Subject:   re: Gerneral character questions
1 - class bonus' only give 1 stat +10 and another few +5. These Stats can be boosted in a couple hours if you use them frequently.

2 - yes. However some races have unique skills such as the argonian being able to breathe under water without casting a water breathing spell

3- arrows? Very easy. Just loot the bodies after a kill.

4- what?

5- that's what I'm doing. One handed + archery + sneak + light armour.

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Nov 16, 11 at 6:15am (PST)
quote Suchen
1. I read that the initial classbonus can be easily caught up meaning I can choose can match whatever weapon/Class I want (like breton with 2h sword only) - or is it too much trouble?
You might have some trouble in the beginning, but after awhile, you will either learn to overcome it on your own, or your skills will catch up. It's EASIER to choose races that are tailored to certain classes.

Breton - Mage
Nord - Warrior
Bosmer - Archer

Etc, etc. But later on, none of that matters and everyone can preform everything the same way. (: I would suggest using a race tailored to a class AT FIRST, just to get used to the game and once you feel comfortable, make a new character? Just a suggestion.

quote Suchen
2. Can every class lern every skill in the game? (like a mage learning warrior skills?)
You can raise every skill to 100, though you can't max every skill within the perk system. Yes every class/race can learn whatever they wish. You can have a Mage learning how to swing a 2h sword. Or an Archer learning how to sling a spell. ^^;

I however, advise against this due to my elitist min/maxing. >>;

quote Suchen
3. If I wanted a bow/woodelf how easy is it to refill bows?
By refill bows I assume you mean either:

1. Finding arrows. It's harder in the beginning, but after you make some cash and find some respawning enemies, it because easy. And arrows are weightless, so~ Always carry any and all you find. (:
2. If the bow is enchanted, refilling it's enchantment. All you have to do is have a captured soul in a Soul Gem. The stronger the soul, the more refilled the enchanted weapon (In this cause a bow) will be.
3. Bow drawing time. There is a perk you can take that increase your drawing speed by 30%. I suggest taking it as it increases your dps by a nice amount. (: The longer you draw the bow (Until it reaches max draw that is) the more powerful the arrow will be.

quote Suchen
4. What would be the best skilling for 3.? (i don't like changing weapons much)
I play an Archer type character, lvl29 and this is my current build:

Archery: Overdraw (3/5), Critical Shot (2/3), Eagle Eye, Power Shot, Quick Shot
Smithing: Steel Smithing, Elven Smithing, Advanced Armors, Arcane Blacksmith, Glass Smithing, Dragon Armor
Light Armor: Agile Defender (3/5), Custom Fit
Sneak: Stealth (3/5), Backstab, Deadly Aim, Muffled Movement, Light Foot, Silent Roll

It's about OHKO's and staying hidden as long a possible to get more crits and such for even more OHKO's. Smithing is however my favorite skill, so~ I trained it and loved it. :3 It helps a shit ton with damage reduction. I recommend training it. ;D

quote Suchen
5. I used the search function but coudn't find this either:

If i play an assassin (bow/double daggers) how would I best skill?
I go with generally the same as the above, but taking the 15x damage boost from Sneak with daggers ASAP.

Author:   OmnihandsPocketTheif
Date:   Jan 16, 13 at 6:08pm (PST)
hello, didn't read but just had a question about wood elvs op thats ok.
I read somewhere that the racial description for them was "no finer archer in all of tamreil" and something to the effect of they draw bows/ fire faster than any-other and wondered if anyone knows if this is a literal translation to in-game mechanics, or is it just hyperbole?

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 3:45pm (PST)
quote OmnihandsPocketTheif
hello, didn't read but just had a question about wood elvs op thats ok.
I read somewhere that the racial description for them was "no finer archer in all of tamreil" and something to the effect of they draw bows/ fire faster than any-other and wondered if anyone knows if this is a literal translation to in-game mechanics, or is it just hyperbole?
They have the best starting Marksmanship of any race. They do not however, draw the bow any faster as far as I'm aware the only way that can be done is by taking the associated perk.

3. Bow drawing time. There is a perk you can take that increase your drawing speed by 30%.
I mentioned it above, but only briefly.

So no, not a literal translation, although there is definitely advantages to being a Bosmeri Archer over other races at the start because you will have a higher starting Marksman stat.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.