Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Elder Scrolls V - Header/Footer Contest [Mark II] - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1687314-elder-scrolls-header-footer-contest-mark-ii/3.htm

Author:   Kuja
Date:   Nov 07, 11 at 11:36am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Elder Scrolls V - Header/Footer Contest [Mark II]
-------------------------------------------
I didnt make any footers O; wat is this.

Author:   MyLifeIsRandom
Date:   Nov 07, 11 at 12:00pm (PST)
What can I say? I'm a whore for splatter effects. I may make a second and more natural entry later...

Author:   Justplayingitcool
Date:   Nov 07, 11 at 6:01pm (PST)
quote Anubis
Seven days left guys!! Judging will start in less than that so hurry hurry hurry!

I'd like to see a new header/footer up for Launch day!

When are we judging?

Author:   Anubis
Date:   Nov 07, 11 at 6:58pm (PST)
quote Kuja
I didnt make any footers O; wat is this.

Shhh... Your guys' names are too *bleep*ing close together.

quote justplayingitcool
When are we judging?

PMing right now.

Date:   Nov 07, 11 at 7:03pm (PST)
I lied. Contest is closed NOW!

Apologizes to anyone who still wanted to contribute. We've got a ton of excellent entries though and I think now is the best time.

Thread will be reopened following the winners being decided.

(In small chance event of a tie, BP and myself will decide the winner.)

Good luck guys! Thanks for your efforts!

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Nov 23, 11 at 12:44pm (PST)
quote Anubis
Rules:

Header:

• Demensions musn't exceed 750px - 250px (width - height)

• Filesize must be less than 150MB.

• Only two entries per person.

Footer:

• Demensions musn't exceed 400px - 150px (width - height)

• Filesize must be less than 100MB.

• Only two entries per person.

• Deadline: December 12th, 2011

Right guys lets face it we all want a new header and footer.
    So lets be creative, i know the artsy ones among us would love to have a go so lets get to it! PM if you'd like to give a hand with ze Judging!

Date:   Nov 24, 11 at 10:26pm (PST)
    Alright guys, I'm over-ruling BP on this one; I've been completely inactive and I apologize. However, the Judges have voted and I will have your results up momentarily!

Date:   Nov 24, 11 at 10:36pm (PST)
    quote Judge #1
    SwiftBlade entry 1:

Colors/Design: The colours are fine and I find it stands out fine. One Criticism is that the sky is a bit blury and unattractive. Plus the Logo is pixilated

Professionalism: For a simple idea it works although it does need more work.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 7

Swiftblade entry 2:

Colors/Design: To me it just seems boring. I feel that the logo should be inside the picture.

Professionalism: It's not as good as his first entry.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 5

Robot Hive entry 1:

Colors/Design: From first glance I can tell this took him a very long time to do. I would like it if the elf person is a little less transparent. The colours are nice and it just blends in perfectly.

Professionalism: Loved it. I could tell he took a very long time on this.

Robert Hive entry 2:

Colors/Design: Same as entry 1 but it just lost it's awsomness as he has cut half it of. Same as Swiftblade I would prefer it if the stuff was in side the picture.

Professionalism: Done a good job just too similar but worse than entry 1.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...":6

Kuje entry:

Colors/Design: WOW. I love this. A brilliant use of effects here. I don't know what that line underneath the main guy is BUT I feel that should be deleted.

Professionalism: Nice and simple. Love it.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 9

Daho entry:

Colors/Design: Maybe if you got rid of the picture of the girl and text I would rate it better.

Professionalism: I have to admit when I saw this I lol'd hard. It was obvious Daho knew they weren't going to win and just put something in stupid.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 1

Mylifeisrandom:

Colors/Design: I feel we have just found our winner. 1000000000X better than Kuje. I don't know what to criticize... oh I know now maybe make the splatter red for blood?

Professionalism: A great design.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 10

Kuje entry:

Colors/Design: I prefer the top one as their is no border. Very good could make some slight tea stains on it look old. You could of turned it into a scroll i.e the elders scroll.

Professionalism: A good idea and if you follow my advice it could be amazing. Good work.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...":7

quote Judge #2
    SwiftBlade1 - Colors/Design:Plain, simple and boring. Too much empty space towards the right side of the banner. I don't like the way the left side of the dragon looks.

Professionalism:Looks professional and clean.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 4

SwiftBlade 2 - Colors/Design:I like the frozen trees in the background. THe glare of the white dragon is unappealing. Particularly the top left portion of it's head.

Professionalism: Professional.

Robot Hive 1 -Colors/Design:I like this one a lot. This would be my top pick if the following things are changed: remove the candles on the top and fade the right figure into the background a bit more. Other than that I love it.(later edit still my top pick though I would like the above things changed)

Professionalism: Professional

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 9.5

Robot Hive 2 - Colors/Design: It looks okay, I would still prefer to have a source for the quote in this picture. I don't like the symbol off to the right

Kuje -Colors/Design:I can't say I like it too much. The faded shoulder charging Warrior just doesn't do it for me.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 4

Daho -Colors/Design: Not taking this entry seriously.

Professionalism: Not taking this entry seriously.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 1

MylifeisRandom - Colors/Design: Very nice and bold banner. I don't know if you did the splattered blood but I felt it was a bit overdone and detracted from the overall presentation of the banner.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 8.7

Kuje Footer - Colors/Design: I like the scrolls without the border, particularly the top one. I won't give this entry a score as I don't see any competing entries.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...":Null

quote Judge #3
      SwiftBlade1 Colors/Design:Very simple which makes it a bit boring. The "Skyrim" is slightly pixelated and I think that you could do much more with the empty space.

Professionalism:Looks clean, nothing too fancy.

SwiftBlade 2 codeColors/Design:Slightly better than your first one, for sure. The trees take away most of the boredom of the first one. But, like the first one, it seems like it's lacking.

Professionalism: Again, pretty good and clean.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 5.5

Robot Hive 1Colors/Design: Definitely one of my favorites. The vibrant colors along with the dark corner where the title is gives it a nice feel.

Professionalism: Fantastic.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 9

Robot Hive 2Colors/Design: Not as good as the first one but still pretty good. The title should be more noticeable, though.

Professionalism: Really good.

KujeColors/Design: Looks good but the fading out somewhat hurts my eyes. That bottom line is also a bit out of place.

Professionalism: Pretty professional

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 6

DahoColors/Design: Amazing work. Deserving of a Nobel Prize, no doubt.
      On a more serious note; If you removed the meme, took out the white text and made the title a bit more noticeable this would be a pretty nice entry.

Professionalism: Well, not professional but I'll give you props for the the background at least.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 10 1

MylifeisRandomColors/Design: Impressive work, I must say. I think that the splats are a bit overdone but they keep it from being too boring.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 8.5

Kuje FooterColors/Design: No borders, transparent background, no doubt.

Professionalism: Nice work.

"On a scale of 1 to 10...": 8 (if that's even needed)

It was a tough choice between Robot Hive's entry and Random's entry, that's for sure.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
    All Rights Reserved.