Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Skyrim: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1610648-skyrim-requests-feedback-suggestions/6.htm

Author:   Justin
Date:   Nov 15, 11 at 5:21am (PST)
Subject:   re: Skyrim: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
Jokkepokke, this is the RFS thread, not a general thread. This link to make a new thread will allow you to make a new thread with discussional value. ^^;

quote SwiftBlade
Well. The game got released and activity has exploded. New threads are being made to ask questions, pretty much constantly. These threads shunt others further back, which isn't really fair. I'm saying it could be a good idea to have a general help thread. Just a thought.
This is something I think needs to be looked at. Personally, forums are meant for questions and discussional values, but I also think some of the other threads shouldn't be overshadowed like obviously seen by the activity recently. A general thread would constrict almost 100 PPD to a single thread, I'd think, so I'd rather not see that be implemented. Not sure how we'd go about doing this, honestly, but I think it should be something discussed.

Author:   firestorm79
Date:   Nov 16, 11 at 9:30am (PST)
Why can't we have seperate sections to the forum? the most obvious sub-group being quest related queries? That would leave the general forum for queries on game mechanics/system settings etc

Author:   Turkagent
Date:   Nov 16, 11 at 4:28pm (PST)
I remember back to teh day when General helps thread were the norm. NOthing wrong with that. I would support having a general help thread that was STICKIED so prevent the influx of help threads. Not as a requirement to post in there, but as a means of deterring the massive amount of question threads.

Author:   firestorm79
Date:   Nov 16, 11 at 5:23pm (PST)
quote Turkagent
I remember back to teh day when General helps thread were the norm. NOthing wrong with that. I would support having a general help thread that was STICKIED so prevent the influx of help threads. Not as a requirement to post in there, but as a means of deterring the massive amount of question threads.
I agree. I have already created a quick questions thread, which could be stickied. It would mean all quick enquiries could be dealt with in that thread. But nothing stopping people starting their own more specific and substantial queries... it would just be good for those that would be happy with a quick response to a short query...

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Nov 20, 11 at 6:04pm (PST)
quote Turkagent
We had this discussion in the GD like a day or two ago, the main reason against general help threads is it reduces activity and therefore is worse in general for Neoseeker.

Author:   RobtheGooner
Date:   Nov 20, 11 at 8:47pm (PST)
Hello, I'm a lurker here. Love the game. I've been looking for a character build/character skill levelling thread to help me plan out how I'm going to level my character and what skills to focus on in order to create a sneaky Mage/assassin. I need some advice because I want to make sure I get the balance right and focus on the right number of skills without casting the net out too far and ending up weaker than enemies.

So in short, a thread where people outline what skills to focus on to create different types of characters, and where people can ask for advice on how to play as certain types of characters. I'm sure it will be interesting as people have different opinions on what skills to level to make a good Mage or assassin!

Then sticky it.

This message was edited on 2011-11-20T13:05:31-08:00.

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Nov 20, 11 at 9:02pm (PST)

RobtheGooner, either this thread, this thread, or lastly, this one. All revolve around what builds your character will, is, or might utilize. c: Not to mention any discussion that may or may not be formed over the course of the thread(s).

Author:   RobtheGooner
Date:   Nov 20, 11 at 9:37pm (PST)
Thanks Twilight. I don't know how I missed those when I went through the first 15 pages of the forum last night :S

Helpful anyway. Maybe we should have a "What's the best way to create a <insert character type>" thread.

I'm going to study that perk calculator now.

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Nov 20, 11 at 9:43pm (PST)

Feel free to make that thread is you feel it's appropriate. I would gladly participate in any build discussion/theorycrafting, lol. It's prolly one of my favorite things to do about gaming, rather than play the game itself. (:

If the mods feel it's too much like the others however, we can just take the discussion into one of the other three threads. ^^;

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Nov 21, 11 at 6:50am (PST)
I would really enjoy a new header.

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Nov 21, 11 at 9:24am (PST)
quote The Pursuit
I would really enjoy a new header.
Suggestions? Or maybe you'd like to design one yourself.?

Author:   Justin
Date:   Nov 21, 11 at 4:34pm (PST)
I'm sure a forum of 600PPD could handle supporting a Header 'n' Footer contest fairly well? (; Having an official contest may take some effort and time, but you'll most likely get more results to choose from.

Author:   Reason
Date:   Nov 21, 11 at 5:03pm (PST)
A new header would be cool, but I'm fine with the current one as it is, either way.

I'm liking the theme selector.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Nov 21, 11 at 10:53pm (PST)
quote Justin
I'm sure a forum of 600PPD could handle supporting a Header 'n' Footer contest fairly well? (; Having an official contest may take some effort and time, but you'll most likely get more results to choose from.

I agree with this as well. I can still make one though if you want.

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Nov 22, 11 at 8:44am (PST)
quote The Pursuit
quote Justin

I agree with this as well. I can still make one though if you want.

I like the sound of a contest.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.