Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Skyrim: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1610648-skyrim-requests-feedback-suggestions/2.htm

Author:   traptrapper
Date:   Apr 27, 11 at 11:03am (PST)
Subject:   re: Skyrim: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
do you think the fighting style will be modified too? counter attacking, style moves in combinations and hit combination moves? counter attacking like assassins creed, other attacking styles like lord of the rings etc.. throwing spears and small axes and using your shield also as a weapon if your sword breaks and when the enemy attacks, counter attack him and disarm and take his weapon and use it on him and building death traps, animal traps.. other stuff too like designing and building your own blacksmith and designing and building your own swords, bows, spears and armor and hunting equipment.. actually going out and find the iron ore/stone for heavy armor and taking it back and building it yourself.. hunting animals, orcs etc to make your light armor.. that'd be great if they could add all of that too.. i think it would make the game even better..

This message was edited by traptrapper on Apr 27 2011.

Author:   Aurora
Date:   May 05, 11 at 9:53pm (PST)
quote traptrapper
do you think the fighting style will be modified too? counter attacking, style moves in combinations and hit combination moves? counter attacking like assassins creed, other attacking styles like lord of the rings etc.. throwing spears and small axes and using your shield also as a weapon if your sword breaks and when the enemy attacks, counter attack him and disarm and take his weapon and use it on him and building death traps, animal traps.. other stuff too like designing and building your own blacksmith and designing and building your own swords, bows, spears and armor and hunting equipment.. actually going out and find the iron ore/stone for heavy armor and taking it back and building it yourself.. hunting animals, orcs etc to make your light armor.. that'd be great if they could add all of that too.. i think it would make the game even better..

This message was edited by traptrapper on Apr 27 2011.
Hey dude, welcome to Neoseeker.

You should make a new thread for your question. This thread is for feedback on stuff to do with the forum (modding, thread-closures, competitions, events, and so-on).

Author:   traptrapper
Date:   May 08, 11 at 8:55pm (PST)
haha, cool thanx lots mate.. its great to be here! will do..

Author:   fablefan
Date:   Jun 17, 11 at 7:19am (PST)
Hi im looking for an avatar with the Skyrim nord you usually see on the pics, trailer, just kind of an upclose view of his helm/head would be nice!

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Jun 28, 11 at 8:28am (PST)

While I think fablefan would have an easier time going to an actual graphics request forum, I do think that once the game gets up and running that one of our own wouldn't be a bad idea. I have been thinking of changing my avy/sig for awhile now because the pink, though I do love yaoi, it's starting to get on my nerves. And fablefan if you haven't gotten an avy by the time I get around to making my own avy/sig, I will try and make you one. ^^;

Best I could do:

This message was edited on 2011-06-28T01:43:26-07:00.

Author:   fablefan
Date:   Jun 28, 11 at 6:06pm (PST)
quote Twilight

While I think fablefan would have an easier time going to an actual graphics request forum, I do think that once the game gets up and running that one of our own wouldn't be a bad idea. I have been thinking of changing my avy/sig for awhile now because the pink, though I do love yaoi, it's starting to get on my nerves. And fablefan if you haven't gotten an avy by the time I get around to making my own avy/sig, I will try and make you one. ^^;

Best I could do:

Thank you Twilight! I was told to ask in Genereal discussion, which I did awhile ago unfortunately got no reply so again thank you!

Date:   Jun 28, 11 at 6:52pm (PST)

You are welcome. ^^; If you want to try and increase the quality you can because it looks a little grainy, but meh, whatever. >>; Make sure you saved the image as something that's not JPEG. (And I see you didn't.) But it's my fault for saving the original as JPEG. Shit! I could redo it and improve the quality if you like? c:

Author:   ryana5809
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 9:01am (PST)
It was kind of annoying how the map was too small when you wanted to fast travel... It was like, "It shows I'm in the middle of nowhere, and is the place I'm suppose to go up, down, left or right?"

Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 9:35am (PST)

If the map was any bigger, certain places wouldn't have been able to be shown on there due so certain areas being more populated with FT locations. If that makes sense. And also, you should have an idea of where you are going, given you played the game more than a day. The world isn't that large you should get lost looking at a map. >>;

Author:   ryana5809
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 3:03pm (PST)
I think you should be able to zoom in/out on the map instead though. Sometimes it took a while to scroll to the place you want to go or check your relative position.

Author:   acp1143x23
Date:   Jul 09, 11 at 4:12am (PST)
LIMIT ON HEALING SPELLS:

Healing spells should be less effective if the player character is moving, jumping, attacking, blocking, casting other spells, etc.

There should be no "instant" healing spells. The first second of any healing spell should always have zero effectiveness. After that, the spell's effectiveness is reduced dramatically if you are moving, especially running/jumping/attacking. That way, if you are trying to heal during combat, you won't heal much.

The reason this mod is needed:

Running away during a fight, casting healing spells, and then going back in to fight some more (repeat 20 times) is CHEESY and LAME. I did it when I played Oblivion, I will admit that--I did it to save my life. Being cheesy was the most effective way to play. Faced with tough enemies that was often the only way to overcome them.

That's why we need mods to take away the cheese. So we can play the game the right way, without resorting to cheese.

It would not be necessary to make this mod also affect non-player characters. The AI is already not designed to use this cheesy strategy. Even though it's very effective, it would not be fun for people to play against. The designers know that. Since the AI doesn't use this cheese tactic, it doesn't need to be limited for AI characters.

Date:   Jul 09, 11 at 5:44am (PST)

They aren't doing the level scaling in Skyrim, thus the enemies won't be so hard (If you play a certain way) that you would need to resort to that tactic. If you do however run into a lvl 30 area, obviously this method might save you if you don't have a prior save. I think healing is fine as it is.

Author:   Anubis
Date:   Jul 26, 11 at 4:12am (PST)
@ Ceder12

Hey bro, this isn't the correct thread to be posting that kind of post in.

Make a new thread or find one about your topic and contribute. Thanks.

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Jul 27, 11 at 3:21am (PST)
Raise your hand if your currently bored of the plain blue and white in the forum!

*raises hand*

Author:   Reason
Date:   Jul 27, 11 at 8:53am (PST)
quote BluePhoenix
Raise your hand if your currently bored of the plain blue and white in the forum!

*raises hand*

Agreed.

What sort of theme are you thinking?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.