Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The WHOLE MAP of Tamriel! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1604973-whole-map-of-tamriel/

Author:   DarshD
Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 12:55pm (PST)
Subject:   The WHOLE MAP of Tamriel!
-------------------------------------------

Click the bellow link to get the full map-
Tamriel Map Link

OK, maybe you all know this map but if you haven't saw this map ever, then you can see- Skyrim,OBLIVION/Cyrodiil and many other countries in the continent, Tamriel!
Enjoy and discuss!

{EDIT}= I edited this message and added the pic of Tamriel in the spoiler and now I know that Tamriel is a continent like Australia.
Thanks and Kudos to all of you who post here and especially, Kudos to BluePhoenix for clearing my mistakes!

Author:   godlkfabledude
Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 1:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The WHOLE MAP of Tamriel!
skyrim does look quite small compared to cyridil, perhaps we'll be going to hammerfell and high rock aswell?

Author:   The5thAvocado
Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 4:43pm (PST)
Don't worry about the size; the entire game of Morrowind took place on that little island of Vvardenfell, but it was scaled to be as big as Cyrodiil.
With new technology, Skyrim will probably be a bit bigger than Cyrodiil, even though geographically, it's smaller.

After viewing this map, I'm interested to see that huge mountain drawn just under 'Skyrim' on the map. Dive Rock 2.0, anyone? Any lore experts got a name for that formation?

Author:   ikiyahmae
Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 5:02pm (PST)
According to the UESP, the area of Whiterun was once powerful, but has been crippled by fires, raids, etc. The surrounding area is currently the stomping grounds for a witch clan. Sounds like fun times. Its gonna be interesting to see refugees from Morrowind, too.

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 5:03pm (PST)
Tamriel is a continent not a country for the record also put the map in a spoiler so it doesnt stretch the page

Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 5:06pm (PST)
quote ikiyahmae
According to the UESP, the area of Whiterun was once powerful, but has been crippled by fires, raids, etc. The surrounding area is currently the stomping grounds for a witch clan. Sounds like fun times. Its gonna be interesting to see refugees from Morrowind, too.
Oh, erm, that's cool, but I was actually looking for a name of the big ass mountain in the middle of the province...

Author:   ikiyahmae
Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 5:17pm (PST)
If I had known the name, I would have told you. I don't, though, so I contributed what I could on the topic of 'big-ass mountain'.

Author:   Robot Hive
Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 5:22pm (PST)

Author:   Pritstick
Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 7:30pm (PST)
quote The5thAvacado
Don't worry about the size; the entire game of Morrowind took place on that little island of Vvardenfell, but it was scaled to be as big as Cyrodiil.
With new technology, Skyrim will probably be a bit bigger than Cyrodiil, even though geographically, it's smaller.

After viewing this map, I'm interested to see that huge mountain drawn just under 'Skyrim' on the map. Dive Rock 2.0, anyone? Any lore experts got a name for that formation?
It does seem very strange that whilst Morrowind and Cyrodiil look similar sizes on the map, in-game it was much smaller. However, Daggerfall is huge compared to the other two, despite the fact that on the map it is clear that it should not be.

quote Wikipedia on Daggerfall
Bethesda claims that the scale of the game is equal to twice the size of Great Britain:[1] around 487,000 square kilometers. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, an Elder Scrolls programmer, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall, but it should be noted most of Daggerfall's terrain was randomly generated. Vvardenfell, the explorable part of Morrowind in the third game has 10 square miles (25.9 square kilometers).[2][3] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has approximately 16 square miles (41.4 square kilometers) to explore.[4] In Daggerfall, there are 750,000+ non-player characters (NPCs) for the player to interact with, compared to the count of around 1,000 NPCs found in Morrowind and Oblivion. However, the geography and the characters in these later games are much more detailed.

Author:   Jammaster
Date:   Dec 24, 10 at 7:59pm (PST)
quote The5thAvacado
quote ikiyahmae
Oh, erm, that's cool, but I was actually looking for a name of the big ass mountain in the middle of the province...
I'm now forever going to refer to the mountain as "Big-ass mountain". I'm definitely gonna have to find a way to jump off of that.

Author:   DarshD
Date:   Dec 25, 10 at 5:17pm (PST)
quote LostGateToCruelty

Well it is not better...It is called POLITICAL MAP of Tamriel and Mine was geographical. Nice find and I was just looking for that!
Thanks for helping us by sharing this ! Awesome find!

quote Wikipedia
Bethesda claims that the scale of the game is equal to twice the size of Great Britain:[1] around 487,000 square kilometers. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, an Elder Scrolls programmer, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall, but it should be noted most of Daggerfall's terrain was randomly generated. Vvardenfell, the explorable part of Morrowind in the third game has 10 square miles (25.9 square kilometers).[2][3] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has approximately 16 square miles (41.4 square kilometers) to explore.[4] In Daggerfall, there are 750,000+ non-player characters (NPCs) for the player to interact with, compared to the count of around 1,000 NPCs found in Morrowind and Oblivion. However, the geography and the characters in these later games are much more detailed.

Man, I feel proud!
The elder scrolls series is epic and best RPG series EVER !

Author:   Orgazmo
Date:   Dec 25, 10 at 8:35pm (PST)
After seeing the second map that was posted, I'm interesting in seeing what the Labyrinthian is. I saw a different map where is was highlighted in blue, and so was Dagoth Ur. So, I'm inclined to think it's something end-game related?

Author:   Robot Hive
Date:   Dec 25, 10 at 9:32pm (PST)
Corpse divinity? I'm guessing the Nords actually kinda' enjoy reaching heaven by violence.

OH, AND STORIES!

Date:   Dec 26, 10 at 1:43am (PST)
quote Orgazmo
After seeing the second map that was posted, I'm interesting in seeing what the Labyrinthian is. I saw a different map where is was highlighted in blue, and so was Dagoth Ur. So, I'm inclined to think it's something end-game related?
Hm, I looked all over the map and noticed that Sancre Tor is also marked with an 'X.' By this I must assume that Labyrinthian is a Blades stronghold of some sort, like Sancre Tor is/was?

Author:   Morrowind God
Date:   Dec 28, 10 at 6:18am (PST)
Maybe they would include Solstheim. I found that old island very entertaining and it fits in with the snowy theme. Yes it was in Morrowind but they can alter it alot more now with todays technology. Also alot of games revisit old places. Take the Fable series for example.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.