Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: LeoCity Server | 1.2.5 | Survival | 24/7 | LeoCity.net | - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59835/t1738576-leocity-server-1-2-5-survival-24-7-leocity-net/

Author:   toxic375
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 6:29am (PST)
Subject:   LeoCity Server | 1.2.5 | Survival | 24/7 | LeoCity.net |
-------------------------------------------

IP (so you can copy & paste): mc.leocity.net

Useful Links!

Server Website
Terms of Agreement

Author:   bionicle1995
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
Subject:   re: LeoCity Server | 1.2.5 | Survival | 24/7 | LeoCity.net |
Yay! new thread! why the french though?

Author:   xXCommonXx
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 12:28pm (PST)
quote bionicle1995
Yay! new thread! why the french though?
Because he can. Actually that may be the reason Also I finally donated

Author:   Legolas777
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 12:32pm (PST)
How much longer until the server is back up toxic375?

Author:   LZ Schneider
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 1:21pm (PST)
So I get on the server as I tend to do these days, and I get yet another damned surprise!

So.... WTF, toxic275? I get that the server has changed to using Towny for some reason, but what does that mean about my entire city because, currently, I can't built shit anywhere right now. What gives? I know there is something that I must do with Towny but I have no idea what that is and /towny isn't helping at all.

Also, the next time you plan on implementing a major change on the server, I think it would be infinitely more useful if you made a sort of announcement about it beforehand like in the thread or in the running ads/announcements on the server. I think it would save a lot of confusion and frustration. Just a thought.

Author:   baragon600
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 3:24pm (PST)
it looks like my faction got erased and i spawned in the middle of *bleep*ing nowhere i no loneger have anything so i think im just going to leave until were done with this pvp thing because i honestly have no intentions of starting over.

Author:   Cheeseman
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 3:38pm (PST)
Baragon600, if you got on more you'd know we were switching to Towny. Towny, however, is a bit harder to set up so glitches are quite prominent at the moment. Toxic375 is working on a fix as far as I know.

LZ Schneider we are switching to towny to promote building,as the users on the server right now have taken PvP to the back burner and are trying to build huge castles and not have them be destroyed.

Author:   baragon600
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 4:00pm (PST)
Cheeseman *600 and does that mean we are done with pvp? and what exactly is towny?

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 4:06pm (PST)
quote baragon600
Cheeseman *600 and does that mean we are done with pvp? and what exactly is towny?
no we are not done..
Towny is just like factions but minus the massive bloodshed.. Towny is centered around creating towns (obviously), trading, and having fun whereas Factions was about domination..

LZ Schneider As I have told just about every other player on the server 5 times today (hence why the server is on whitelist with only the highest LCPD officers and staff allowed on atm) you cannot build in the wild because I have yet to finish and upload the perms for Towny.

Also, if you want to get on me about "letting everyone know" the conversation about Towny spanded 2 whole days.. everyone on the server during that time was excited about the idea so I went ahead with it. It's my choice as to what is posted here and what is kept in the dark, if you don't like it then go run your own server because there are hundreds of decisions made everyday that sometimes only I am aware of (*cough* Gods plugin *cough*)

First you guys moan and groan about having your stuff destroyed in pvp and that we should have rules, so I find an alternative that still allows the pvp but offers some protection and you guys continue to moan and groan because now you might have to go outside for a change while I work on making the server what you guys keep asking it to be.. It's getting a little annoying..

bionicle1995 because french is amazing.

Legolas777 hopefully in the next hour or two.. although the people who keep whining and complaining might be off for the rest of today since i'm kinda pissed off atm..

Author:   Dreamare
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 4:10pm (PST)
So toxic, does the 15 bucks I donated for 300 faction power go to waste now? T_T

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 4:20pm (PST)
Not to whine, but I hate the fact that I donated without knowing the server was locked and tried to join hoping the commands worked without being on while buying it.

DAMMIT.

Edit:I want people on the Mumblez nao!

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 4:26pm (PST)
toxic275, you seem to be under the impression that I'm against the whole Towny thing. Sure I'm frustrated that I can't build on the server right now but that was NOT the point of my post. My point is that some decent communication about major changes would be nice.

You've done this before and please, tell me, is it weird to want the server admin to make a post on the server forums saying "Hey guys, the server is updating with new stuff so sit tight"? For *bleep*'s sake dude, there's no need to get so damned defensive.

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 4:36pm (PST)
quote Dreamare
So toxic, does the 15 bucks I donated for 300 faction power go to waste now? T_T
No, I will go through the Factions files and convert all power bonuses to their Towny equivalents here in a sec..

LZ Schneider The point of the whitelist message that appears when you try to connect and it denies you.. "The server is down while we upgrade to Towny." so from now on, I shall just leave everyone excluding myself off the whitelist when updating things

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 4:37pm (PST)
Right.

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 4:46pm (PST)
quote toxic375
quote Dreamare
No, I will go through the Factions files and convert all power bonuses to their Towny equivalents here in a sec..

LZ Schneider The point of the whitelist message that appears when you try to connect and it denies you.. "The server is down while we upgrade to Towny." so from now on, I shall just leave everyone excluding myself off the whitelist when updating things
Cool Beans.
Edit:Dammit sarcasm.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.