Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Forum Feedback and Suggestions - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51771/t1623972-forum-feedback-suggestions/5.htm

Author:   Exonerate
Date:   Aug 01, 11 at 3:57am (PST)
Subject:   re: Forum Feedback and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
And doing it creates any harm how? I never said it'd stop, but it would certainly help regardless.

Author:   baragon600
Date:   Aug 01, 11 at 8:31am (PST)
i want a non pony themed GD D:< i hate those colorful little things with a passion

Author:   DQ junkee
Date:   Aug 05, 11 at 8:58pm (PST)
(if somebody already said this im sorry, im lazy) maybe we could have a whole thread or some sort of thing where people could post their servers. even newbies maybe? that way the forum wouldnt be clogged with adds, just one thread. is this a terrible idea?

also a gd would be nice, just sayin'.

Author:   Chekkaa
Date:   Aug 06, 11 at 3:57am (PST)
DQ, read this post and the ones under it: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51771/t1623972-forum-feedback-suggestions/3.htm#32

Date:   Aug 06, 11 at 2:57pm (PST)
ah ok. thanks for telling me in a non-dickish way.

Author:   Legolas777
Date:   Aug 06, 11 at 5:32pm (PST)
WE MUST HAVE A LEGEND OF ZELDA GD!

Date:   Aug 06, 11 at 11:50pm (PST)
^OMG YES!^

Author:   AndyD_U
Date:   Aug 07, 11 at 10:24am (PST)
I was thinking of few new threads to add so some more people can get involved outside the main server threads. These are just two quick ideas that i had which if they are liked i would be happy to create and run
  • Map Collection - Just simply people can upload their maps for other people to download and have a look around and play on
  • Building Competition - Basically each week or fortnight a theme is set of which people have to build something relating to that theme, for example Anchinet Egypt then Pyramids and other stuff could be built. Then they take a few screenshots or a video tour of their building which is then posted and people vote on which one they like best. Then it goes on again with another theme of some type.

Date:   Aug 07, 11 at 10:27am (PST)
The map collection is fine if you want to do it, but I don't know how many submissions you would get.

As for the contests, I already run contests like that on my server, and I'd rather not run one here, too. If you would like to do it though, feel free.

Author:   Rune Ripper
Date:   Aug 07, 11 at 6:15pm (PST)
You should try and offer support for forum-based contests too. I think it would be a great idea. It's worth a shot if people would like to see something like that.

Date:   Aug 07, 11 at 6:58pm (PST)
If you don't like what I do (or don't do), feel free to do it yourself. I just don't feel obligated to do anything more than clean up the spam here. I have other priorities.

Date:   Aug 07, 11 at 7:04pm (PST)
But you're the moderator of Minecraft, not of Neonshift. It isn't just your duty to clean up spam, you're supposed to be a part of the community and keep the place going. All I see you do is close threads when people advertise and advertise your own personal forum, contradictory to say the least. I was just giving my two cents anyway, no need to get uptight about it, you're the mod here at the end of the day.

Date:   Aug 08, 11 at 4:03am (PST)
If you don't feel like I'm doing my job, feel free to report me to the supers and have them demote me. Seriously. Like I said before, I just don't feel obligated to do anything more than clean up the spam. Not only do I have other priorities, but the whole concept of finding ways to boost forum activity is lost on me, to be honest. It's just not what I do. I'm generally a "only speak when spoken to" kind of guy. I wasn't even anticipating becoming the mod here in the first place. I only accepted the position because it was offered.

As for me being a hypocrite about advertising, I kind of agree. The advertising rules are very fuzzy, but I (and the other Neo members) have the OK from the supers to advertise in the way I/we do.

Also, please do not mistake my frankness as assholery/uptightness/defensiveness.

Date:   Aug 13, 11 at 4:10pm (PST)
I was thinking of setting up a thread showcasing mods, either weekly or monthly (of course if you'll allow it Chekkaa). It's fair to say the majority of users use mods in one way or another and there's plenty out there that are really great, this thread will bring us together to suggest and look at other mods, I'm sure people will find something they like. Thoughts, people?

Author:   shavedzebra
Date:   Aug 13, 11 at 4:45pm (PST)
RuneRipper Were you thinking of something where people discussed the mods they used and their usefulness etc etc? I could see that having a fair bit of activity, at least at first, especially if people gave a link to the mod/description of the mod to make it easy for other people to try it out.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.