Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Minecraft Videos - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51771/t1581156-minecraft-videos/3.htm

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 19, 12 at 10:12pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Minecraft Videos
-------------------------------------------
Man, I haven't updated this in ages >_>

quote Description
Yes, another Minecraft video. It's also Voiced Over.

Just showing my underground base (I like making those). It has a main chamber with sleeping quarters off to the side, a Nether Portal room with an Enchanting station in a room on one side, and a room on the other side that past another small room.

This last room is basically my lava/magma room. It's underground, so it's technically magma I suppose. It has a waterfall in the center that leads from a small building on the surface. It's another one of my water based shortcuts into the underground.

At the beginning I show a shortcut down to where one of my mine exits/entrances is. A short railway system is used to get between that building, and my main building.

quote Description
Yet another Minecraft video where I use pistons as a means of disguising an entrance XD

This one is a bit overdone, really. I made it needlessly complicated (relative to what it accomplishes anyway).

Also, the people who have seen my previous Minecraft videos MIGHT notice that the texture pack I'm using is different. This is because the LB Photorealism pack has yet to be updated to 1.3.1 standards. So, I'm using the FaerieLight pack, which is another pack that offers 256x256 resolution and is similarly good. In some ways, it's better really. Link below:

Link to Texture Pack Here

quote Description
Yes yes yes, I reeeeeaally love hidden entrances XD

This is a more basic sort of hidden entrance. I used something similar to it in one of my previous videos (as I mention in this video).

This is part of a larger building I'm currently making. It's the last of the planned sections in fact. I might get around to recording the whole thing sometime later, when I have more time.

quote Description
Yes yes yes, another building with a glass ceiling, I'm very original aren't I?

I bring up some my attempts to get certain aspects of the design to work that well, I couldn't.

Previous video which shows an incomplete section of the building in this video is above this one.

quote Description
Yep, another one of those videos XD

This time though, I have elevators! Though unfortunately, they stopped working properly when I tried to make this video. Weird timing eh?

I also feature a couple of different 'quick drop' solutions, so you can fall to the surface with relative safety.

Author:   Cheeseman
Date:   Oct 20, 12 at 5:03am (PST)
I wondered where these videos disappeared to. Haven't seen any since the server closed. 

Author:   Mortal Wombat
Date:   Oct 20, 12 at 3:50pm (PST)
Mah Chiggas, behold

Mod spotlights!
Fix'd

Date:   Oct 20, 12 at 5:20pm (PST)

Not even funny...
I was leik "y u no work". Then I was leik "right click url and open on youtubes". Then I was leik "wut 404 errorz? D:"
True story. ^

Author:   Mortal Wombat
Date:   Oct 20, 12 at 7:26pm (PST)
Well shit let me fix that then.

Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 4:48pm (PST)
Once again, I've gone a while without updating this thread, not that many people view it >_>

quote Description
Alrighty then, this is a proof of concept design for a quick-drop mechanism. Rather messy, it could be made more efficient I'm sure but it was just a test.

The idea, as explained in the video, is having a button/pressure plate triggered reverse piston device (in this case, a one-way hidden entrance quick-drop path) that can trigger in sequence by way of repeaters.

This could be used on a pressure plate (or button if you prefer) reverse piston doorway, enabling you to walk through multiple layers of doors without being crushed (assuming of course, you don't dilly-dally about).

Well, it's hardly advanced stuff this, but I've never been the best at Minecraft mechanisms so this might be something I could use effectively in the future.

quote Description
Well, it's my Castle, and it's finally done, complete with hidden passages and whatnot. Though it's too small to have much in the way of secrets. I've already got ideas for a larger castle with more involved secret passages and such. Somebody stop me (from playing Minecraft)!

I think, hopefully, I'll take a long break from 'Crafting now that this is done XD I spent roughly 6 or so hours on it....Yes, a whole 1/4 of a day...What a time suck. Did it, for the most part, in two ~3 hour sessions.

quote Description
A follow up to the King of My Castle video (Link below). I added a farm with some machine elements to make harvesting quicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ZoYMtEiJo

quote Description
Youtube user upsyndrome brought up the idea of a misleading button trap in my last Minecraft video, so I evolved that into a multiple choice trap. One button will allow you to move on, the rest (five of the six in this case) will kill you, though you get a chance to save your hide.

There are some clues. I'm not great at riddles, so I'm sure most anybody could figure them out XD

Author:   CBee
Date:   Nov 30, 12 at 11:56am (PST)
ok so, my video has a mention of a website in it, but thats not the point of posting it.

I am a father of which one of my boys is an avid minecraft user. hes gotten my into the game, and now hes pushing a little for me ..."make videos dad!"

So, here goes. This is my first legitimate video. Please comment on the video if there are things about the video that can be better.
Thanks in advance, CB

eh, I can't figure out how to embed the video.
nvm i got it..

Date:   Nov 30, 12 at 4:20pm (PST)
CBee - Never gotten to the point of fighting wither, or really any of the bosses XD Good fight, so far as I can tell.

quote Description
Yes, before anyone comments, I know that although it says 'underwater' in the title, it is on the surface. It's intended to convey that this mechanism is meant for underwater use, but it's much harder to see details underwater, especially since all the circuits would have to be protected from the water XD

So yeah, another piston based mechanism. Naturally there are some reverse pistons added just because.

Like I say in the video, everything is automatic, but it's perfectly possible to use a two lever mechanism, but you have to remember to reset them at the last second before going through the door. A less convenient alternative is to have it so you have to reset it from the outside every time you use it.

Another alternative is to have the switch(es) that trigger everything accessible both in and out of the structure this leads you to. IE: sticking switches on a block covered by other blocks and not on the underwater floor so it doesn't get destroyed and the building flooded. So you could trigger it from inside this mechanism, and reset it inside the fortress.

I say "three" instead of "four" repeater systems are needed at first, but I correct myself later. Though it is arguably three anyway, since there is the initial one which starts the process, and three follow ups that keep the circuit closed longer.

This process should be doable in reverse. I might try that out eventually.

Date:   Dec 03, 12 at 3:59am (PST)

quote Description
As I mentioned in the description of my previous video (Two Stage Water Pump Underwater Entrance, link a bit further down), I thought it could be perfectly doable to have the button triggered processes done in reverse. And so, I did it...In this video...Where I ramble on and on and on XD

Previous video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPp541JUpII

So yeah, there is a weird bug but nothing that stops this from working.

I will get around to the underwater fort, eventually. Maybe.

Date:   Dec 04, 12 at 7:07am (PST)

You're making me miss LB-Photo Realism. Still waiting for an update to that pack...

Date:   Dec 27, 12 at 11:11pm (PST)
New video!

quote Description
Well, like I said in the video this was something I couldn't figure out how to get to work some time ago, and ummm, have now figured out how to do XD It's sort of a tutorial too since I show and describe how to get it to work properly.

Video of the entrance/exit I couldn't get to do the step thing before:

Click

quote Cheeseman

You're making me miss LB-Photo Realism. :laugh: Still waiting for an update to that pack...

Faerielights is really just about as good TBH. In some ways better really. It's more colorful, so people who prefer more colorful packs would appreciate it more than the LB Photorealism one I think.

Date:   Dec 28, 12 at 7:38am (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
quote Cheeseman

You're making me miss LB-Photo Realism. Still waiting for an update to that pack...

Faerielights is really just about as good TBH. In some ways better really. It's more colorful, so people who prefer more colorful packs would appreciate it more than the LB Photorealism one I think.

I actually did use it for a bit, but It just wasn't the same.

Date:   Dec 28, 12 at 7:43am (PST)
quote Cheeseman

I actually did use it for a bit, but It just wasn't the same. :_pointy2:

I understand.

BTW: The creator has been pleased that I use the pack in my videos actually. Never got an appreciative comment from the creator of the LB Photorealism pack XD

Date:   Dec 29, 12 at 6:57pm (PST)
Well, I've been a bit busy on youtube recently XD 3 videos in a few days, and two of them Minecraft videos.

Well, I've finally gotten around to that Underwater Base idea XD

quote Description
Aye, I've finally gotten around to this project, which had been stewing in my head since Alpha really. Once I did that crystal (glass) tower, I wanted to do an underwater base as well but never got around to it. When Pistons were introduced I wanted to work them into it as well. So yeah, I've finally gotten around to doing this after figuring out some stuff. And yes, the bloody doors in the two-stage water pump are buggy. Too bad though, before a little mishap they were just fine.

As to the structure itself, It has that two stage 'water pump' entrance I've been demoing, Lava/Magma lighting, glass roofs (well duh, otherwise it wouldn't be much of an 'underwater' base would it?), that one-way hidden exit with the retracting step, as well as a sleeping/work room with a built in light switch just because.

Took quite a while to do, and it was kind of a 'stop-start' job. I started it shortly after demoing the two stage water pump entrance but other games have been taking my attention away from it. Namely Far Cry 3 was responsible for the bulk of it, but Borderlands 2 was more recently as a friend of mine finally got the game and we've been co-oping.

So yeah, enjoy

Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 10:41pm (PST)
*crickets chirp*

quote Description
Well, I decided to test out that extended activation of a piston and the alteration of timings, which I've been using for a few of my videos (the last four or so minecraft videos really). So, I'm showing how I think it works best, and explaining what i think causes it to go buggy.

I also show a simple way of delaying (and then extending) the activation of an object (in this case a reverse piston) with a button. This makes it useful for a hidden entrance system where the button and the entrance are actually distant from each other, to make it harder to spot, whilst still being concealed until a set amount of time after the button press.

I really need to take a long term break from the game though, but I keep coming back XD

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.