Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion I: What's a root? - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51688/t1713093-general-discussion-whats-root/12.htm

Author:   Mr Apples
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 12:59pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion I: What's a root?
-------------------------------------------
I'd personally recommend the Xperia Arc S.

I just upgraded from that phone and it served me very well, the camera especially was great. It's only single-core so I did have some problems like freezing but nothing significant. ICS is available on the phone as well and it could be getting Jelly Bean.

Check out the HTC One V as well. I'm not too sure how good it actually is but that's been released fairly recently. The Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 has a dual core processor and is probably just as cheap so that's worth looking into as well.

If you're willing to spend an extra £100-ish then buy the HTC One S. Ebay and Amazon usually have the cheapest handsets around.

Tomski

EDIT: The Sony Xperia U has a dual core processor as well so that could be an option Tomski.

This message was edited on 2012-08-02T04:08:48-07:00.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 4:47pm (PST)
quote Nagare
Ooh, the UX series. How is it on first impressions?
Outstanding my friend. Loving it so far, very sharp and snappy, runs insanely cool too which is always a massive plus.

Author:   Tomski
Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 8:06am (PST)
Cheers for the recommendations MrApples. Do you know much of the Sony Xperia U as well?

Author:   Mr Apples
Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 8:24am (PST)
quote Tomski
Cheers for the recommendations MrApples. Do you know much of the Sony Xperia U as well?
I don't know much about either of them but I'd go for a phone with a dual core processor if I were you, they're so much more smoother than single core phones. I just had a Sony phone and that was pretty good so this one should be similar and probably better.

Check out some reviews to get more info just in case there's something really off-putting which I doubt. If you're not too fussed about power then the One V and Arc S probably have the best looks.

EDIT: The Xperia U does has a pretty small screen 3.5", so that's a bit disappointing.

This message was edited on 2012-08-05T10:04:22-07:00.

Author:   tyranitar24
Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 9:49am (PST)
Alright guys, I recently got the S3. It's a huge upgrade from my Droid X, but I just don't know what other cool things I can do with it. What can I do with my S3 that I would have had trouble doing on my X?

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 8:27pm (PST)
FML. I was just browsing Reddit on my Nexus and boom screen gets a pink tint. Then touch stops working. Then it just turns off. Now it isn't booting or anything. WHAT THE *bleep* :/ I'm hoping I can return it and get a new device without charge, if not I'll never buy a Samsung device again.

Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 3:31am (PST)
My phone just got upgraded to 4.0.4 (an updated version of ICS) and it has FINALLY fixed the AVRCP function for Bluetooth. Now I can use my headphones again, hooray!

So yeah, if you've got a Galaxy SII, should look for an update as it is now available.

Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 8:00pm (PST)
Sad to see you drop the forum, tommex. Was it just today or the past few days or have I really not been paying attention at all?

Author:   tommex
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 2:30am (PST)
It's been a good few days now. I just haven't had the time recently. I work a lot and now that I live with my girlfriend, I spend almost all of my time out of work with her or on my Xbox. Hopefully I can find a better job soon...

Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 3:44pm (PST)
Well shucks. Good luck to you in finding a new job. I've got to find one when I get back down to Miami for school. If I can't find anything in an office I'll probably be picking up a shitty job cleaning windows or something.

Author:   angelnish
Date:   Aug 17, 12 at 2:05am (PST)
Excellent taste tommex.

Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 3:55pm (PST)
quote Nagare
FML. I was just browsing Reddit on my Nexus and boom screen gets a pink tint. Then touch stops working. Then it just turns off. Now it isn't booting or anything. WHAT THE *bleep* :/ I'm hoping I can return it and get a new device without charge, if not I'll never buy a Samsung device again.
On the plus side to this story, I should be getting a replacement unit within the next week. Not sure if it will be a brand new kind of unit or a "Refurbished." Hoping for the former because I don't really trust refurbished too much.

Date:   Aug 27, 12 at 8:39pm (PST)
So, what does everyone in this forum think about the recent ruling that Samsung infringed several Apple patents? $1,000,000,000 fine coming their way as a result of it!

Also, if you're looking for a few lulz, here is the #BoycottApple stream from Google+.

tommex Nagare MrApples Wilhelm Ryan Chiggins Danger Toby Tomski DragoniteBallZ ChiroVette Avalith VeGiTAX2 Reason Whelan Celes Leonhart ctrl

Date:   Aug 27, 12 at 9:58pm (PST)
You missed a bit in the billion dollar fine, but I don't really know what to think. I mean the S2 series was a bit close to the iPhone, but I feel like if they wouldn't have been successful, Apple wouldn't have cared at all. I mean LG's phones all look the same but no one gives a shit because no one buys them anyways. Samsung was just a great target for them because of how well they've been doing. I don't think it will have any real impact on anything either though because they've already released their next generation of devices which isn't at all affected by the case.

Date:   Aug 27, 12 at 10:16pm (PST)
I'm inclined to agree with you Nagare in regards to Apple only caring because they were successful. That said, I find it hard to believe Apple's statement that people might confuse, say, the Galaxy SII and iPhone 4...you'd have to be an idiot not to notice the differences, one of which includes the massive Samsung logo on the front of the SII and the giant Apple on the back of the iPhone. Little things like that is what pisses me off the most.

In a further development, Google and Motorola (better known as Google-rola) have launched their own patent suit against Apple. Apparently this includes very important wi-fi technology that was developed by Motorola that all the Android companies (Samsung, HTC, LG et al) pay a licence for, albeit nominal, but that Apple refuses to pay for as they believe it is 'public doman' technology. Interesting stuff.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.