Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your phone - page 21

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51688/t1579456-your-phone/21.htm

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 6:03pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Your phone
-------------------------------------------
Google + for...G+. Friend caster for Facebook. TweetLanes for Twitter. Reddit Sync for Reddit. Steam app. Apollo music player. Shynk for browser based texting/file management. Chrome. And a quick game: Gyro. All should be free.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 1:02am (PST)
Cheers Nagare. :D

Author:   tyranitar24
Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 5:05am (PST)
You're going to love the phone Whelan. It's amazingly fast. I just don't know how to fully take advantage of the phone's specs. Maybe walnuts or Nagare can help me out.

Author:   Mr Apples
Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 6:23am (PST)
There isn't much around atm that can really take a quad core processor to its limits. Riptide GP is a pretty impressive game that most phones cant handle but runs smoothly on the S3, I'm sure there's a few other games out there like that.

Things that require a lot of processing power will start coming around so you can have the piece of mind that your phone can handle them in however many years.

I was using the Galaxy S2 the other day and it felt really clunky, moving between screens felt so much worse than the S3.

Author:   Toby
Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 8:58am (PST)
Surely there won't be apps that fully take advantage of the quad processor until they develop a battery that can make it worthwhile running the app in the first place?

Author:   fitted
Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 2:00pm (PST)
I have a Galaxy S2 running cMIUI rom at the moment. Probably gonna make the switch over to iPhone after my contract ends though, bored of android lately.

Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 5:55pm (PST)
You're bored of Android so hours going to switch to an OS that allows very little customization? Doesn't make much sense to me...

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 8:07pm (PST)
Indeed, I'm genuinely curious as to what iOS could offer that's more 'exciting' than what can also be found on Android?

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 2:15am (PST)
Because I'm bored of the customisation really. I've been with android for years, constantly having to change up my setup with new icons, wallpapers, themes because I get bored with each one so quickly. It's actually getting pretty annoying. Not to mention the updates from roms and flashing shit, I'm just tired of doing it.

I want something simple now. Besides I got a Macbook Pro recently too, it sort of makes sense to get an iPhone as well.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 3:34am (PST)
Your money.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
Although I get its your money and you're absolutely free to do with it what you will...you can just choose a single ROM to install (or a stock image, even better) and stick with a single layout. There isn't a requirement to customize

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 8:48am (PST)
Yeah, I'm aware of that. But like I said, I get bored of whatever layout I have after a week or two, and there's always updates for ROMs that I have to do. Besides I haven't been very happy with my s2 at all really, been through two chargers that stopped working, I had the phantom charging glitch multiple times and so on.

All I want is a simple, stable OS and that's what I'll get with an iPhone.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 8:54am (PST)
Indeed, my mom loves her's because it works all the time and almost never has a low battery despite her constantly forgetting to charge it.

Author:   franklin067
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 1:22am (PST)
currently i have the samsung champ phone and its not good..

Author:   Cmm
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 6:08am (PST)
Was trying to get Samsung Galaxy S advance but didn't and now i'm waiting for LG Optimus L9.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.