Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Sparring and Duels - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51620/t1830480-sparring-duels/

Author:   Aura
Date:   Feb 13, 13 at 7:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Sparring and Duels
-------------------------------------------
Think of sparring sessions as duels that never ends (until someone gets bored, or runs out of healing items), with base weapons, and upgraded armour. I've noticed I'm getting sloppy when it comes to PvP, and before I get to dueling with my new batch of pure single stat builds, I want to polish up on my skills a bit.

Pyromancies, Miracles, and Sorceries are fine to bring along, just as long as the weakest possible talisman / catalyst / flame are in use.

How about it? Chelskiman, jbh, Wakaman, jomoh71, Arcliff, PerkoApple, and I'm sure there are a heap more of PS3 users who I'm missing - sorry if I did, I just went by who I've seen recently active in this forum.

Xbox 360 and PC users, feel free to use this thread to setup your own sparring and dueling sessions.

Author:   jbh
Date:   Feb 13, 13 at 8:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Sparring and Duels
Sounds great Aura, I'll have to pick up a new PS3 first though. Had yet another cark it on me

Date:   Feb 13, 13 at 9:05pm (PST)
Oh wow, that is incredibly unlucky, didn't you only just buy a new one recently too? Sorry to hear that mate, hope you manage to get it sorted out soon.

Author:   jomoh71
Date:   Feb 13, 13 at 11:04pm (PST)
It sounds great. I know I need it.

Melchaios this is something for you as well

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Feb 14, 13 at 12:05am (PST)
Hmm, I'm up for it. I need some practice myself, because I can't parry to save my life.

Author:   melchaios
Date:   Feb 14, 13 at 8:11am (PST)
sounds great, though I have trouble to get access to my PS3 frequently. But in any case I'm totally in, just name the time and place and I'll try my best to make it. Thanks for the heads up Jomoh71

Date:   Feb 14, 13 at 8:56am (PST)
quote Wakaman
Hmm, I'm up for it. I need some practice myself, because I can't parry to save my life.

Pretty sure my list is full at the moment, but I'll clean it out a bit and send you a request. I've got yet another build in the works (aiming for about four completed SL125 builds for a massive PvP video), so I'll stop at around level 40-50 so we can practise a bit. Parrying gets easier the more you do it, but lag and delay can obviously cause what should have been a successful parry, to be way off.

Date:   Feb 14, 13 at 9:28am (PST)
quote Aura
quote Wakaman

Pretty sure my list is full at the moment, but I'll clean it out a bit and send you a request. I've got yet another build in the works (aiming for about four completed SL125 builds for a massive PvP video), so I'll stop at around level 40-50 so we can practise a bit. Parrying gets easier the more you do it, but lag and delay can obviously cause what should have been a successful parry, to be way off.
Alright, ID is Alkapwn-23

Date:   Feb 14, 13 at 12:30pm (PST)
Wakaman, sent the request a while ago, but I won't be able to get online for a little while yet. Should be online within the next couple of hours or so though.

Date:   Feb 14, 13 at 12:42pm (PST)
quote Aura
Wakaman, sent the request a while ago, but I won't be able to get online for a little while yet. Should be online within the next couple of hours or so though.
Yeah I saw it, oddly enough I didn't get a message telling me I had a request, saw your PSN ID there inbetween farming.

Author:   Arcliff
Date:   Feb 15, 13 at 12:41am (PST)
You know I'm in, man. My ID is ArzaXIV.

Date:   Feb 15, 13 at 12:32pm (PST)
Got quite a few things to get done today, but I've got a SL30 character ready for sparring. Most of my weapons at this point are +10 and higher, but my dexterity and strength aren't nearly high enough (yet) to be able to deal out huge damage figures.

I'll probably bump this toon up ten levels for an extra bit of stamina, as I'm not using the Ring of Favor, and don't plan to until after Anor Londo.

Author:   jomoh71
Date:   Feb 16, 13 at 2:17pm (PST)
I will add you guys as well.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.