Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Official Dark Souls Tournament Thread--Sign Ups - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51620/t1769910-official-dark-souls-tournament-thread-sign-ups/

Author:   Proximity007
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 9:43pm (PST)
Subject:   Official Dark Souls Tournament Thread--Sign Ups
-------------------------------------------

PvP Tournament

I'll be taking over this for the time being as i have more down time then Aura it seems with university classes, ill try to do my best to organize this all but it might be difficult being that everyone is most likely in a different time zone and in addition to that some people might have limited availability but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Sign ups I'll leave open for a week or two, maybe longer if there's not enough people it all depends so post your console, which tiers you want to play in and time zone. Also i only have X Box so if someone else wants to host the ps3 and PC matches all the better.

X Box 360
--none--

PS3
--Ayriak: Elemental, Buffscale and Boss tier.
--CaveatLector: Buffscale (GMT +10)
-- ArzaXIV: Buffscale (GMT +7)
--wardadspaz: Buffscale GMT ( - 5.00 ) EST

PC
--none--

Soooo here are the tiers per Aura:

Elemental Tier

Soul Level Restrictions: SL40 to SL50.
Weapon Restrictions: Elemental only, boss weapons with elements are excluded (Quelaag's Furysword).

Buffscale Tier

Soul Level Restrictions: SL105 to SL125.
Weapon Restrictions: Elemental scaling weapons (Divine, Occult, Magic, Enchanted, etc), and standard weapons only. No boss weapons (boss weapons that can be buffed are permitted, such as the Dragon Bone Fist), no elemental weapons that lack stat scaling (Chaos, Lightning, Fire, etc), no boss or dragon tail drop weapons - Priscilla included.

Boss Tier

Soul Level Restrictions: SL150 to SL175.
Weapon Restrictions: Boss soul ascended, boss and dragon tail drop weapons only. No weapon buffs are permitted.

Black Knight weapons are permitted in Buffscale and Boss tiers.

Rules / Guidelines:

Limit of one entry per tier.

No lower level limit as long as it remains within the level tier - i.e, a level 41-60 tier cannot be any lower than level 41, however, a level 40 and under tier can range anywhere as low as level 1.

One heal per duel is permitted, but only in the form of humanity consumption. Estus Flask and Divine Blessings are out of bounds.

Backstabs are restricted and a breach of the restrictions results in instant disqualification (if lag wasn't an issue, it'd be allowed). Attempting a backstab while facing an opponent is not allowed, however, if the opponent chooses to turn their back to you in an attempt to disqualify you, then by all means you are permitted to backstab. Parrying is fair game.

Some combinations and uses of miracles are strictly forbidden, such as Tranquil Walk of Peace and Wrath of the Gods, and repeated use (spamming) of Wrath of the Gods. Tranquil Walk of Peace used in conjunction with a direct attack method is allowed, as well as use of Wrath of the Gods for combo breaking, finishing an opponent, or to sneak in a bit of extra damage.

Entries are limited to one character per level tier, so this gives everyone the chance to enter three different characters, offering three chances at an overall winner position.

Good sportsmanship, also known as "no whining". If you win, you win. If you lose, you lose. The tournament rules are in place to keep everything fair, and while nobody likes losing, a little courtesy goes a long way.

Any other questions feel free to post them

*Updated 10/7*

Author:   Ayriak
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:47am (PST)
Subject:   re: Official Dark Souls Tournament Thread--Sign Ups
Looks like I'll be the first to sign up then.

PSN: Ayriak
Entries: Elemental, Buffscale and Boss tier.

Buffscale would easily be my best at SL101, so the extra 24 levels should make a huge difference for me.

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 1:41am (PST)
I thought I had rustled someone's jimmies again. But it's just a gay notification bomb.

Author:   jbh
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 1:42am (PST)
PSN: CaveatLector
Entries: Buffscale (SL115 Currently)
Timezone: GMT +10

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 9:33am (PST)
quote DC Sniper
I thought I had rustled someone's jimmies again. But it's just a gay notification bomb.

'Rustled jimmies'

le monkey face so funny memes 9gag xdd

Also, *bleep* no. I'm terrible at Dark Souls, no way in hell I'd stand a chance in PVP. Thanks for the thought, though.

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 2:17pm (PST)
I'd join if I had my copy currently(let a friend borrow it) and if I was good enough to pvp.

Like said up there thanks for the thought though.

Author:   Arcliff
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 7:22am (PST)
Thanks for the notification, Aura.

PSN: ArzaXIV
Entries: Buffscale Tier (currenlt 80-ish, I can pump my level up to 100-ish though)
Timezone: GMT+7

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:13pm (PST)
Too busy playing Borderlands 2 honestly. Haven't touched Dark Souls in ages. Taurus Demon could probably kill me.

Author:   The Darkest Shadow
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 5:18am (PST)
Thanks for the notification bomb.

Haven't PvPed in Dark Souls properly for ages and I'm having difficult getting back into the game at the moment. I'm interested but I'll need a little time to sort things out.

Author:   JacqueseVonRIP
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 1:30pm (PST)
I appreciate the notification, but I haven't played in ages either. I haven't even beat the game yet (so please don't laugh at me). I can't even remember where I am in the game.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 2:49pm (PST)
You know, I knew i had forgotten to buy a game recently

I'll have to pick this up in a bit once I have the money set aside.

Author:   alimor
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 10:05pm (PST)
I want in, psn : champ_k and timezone gmt-4

Author:   Choppsy
Date:   Oct 29, 12 at 9:27am (PST)
I'd like to join

Psn: treyhoppsy
Entries: Elemental tier, Buffscale tier and Boss tier.
Gmt is +0:00

Author:   TheDarkSoul
Date:   Nov 20, 12 at 6:02pm (PST)
Hello. I love Dark Souls. Its the BEST game ever. I'm level 710, I'm on my 24th playthrough, I've put some 2,000 hours into it and I've basically mastered the story, AND PvP. In case you're wondering, I use Xanthous Crown, Artorias Armour, +15 Murakumu, Dark Silver Tracer, Logans catalyst, and Dark Moon Talisman. I've decided to create my very own covenant/clan. Its called Knights of the Abyss and any level can join. It should be noted there will be rank and whoever four people join first will be my elite Four Knights (must be over level 600). I hope you guys join!!! Contact me at:My e-mail: sgarces1500@gmail.comMy psn: xX91NCHNA1L5XxMy phone: 718-354-7299

Author:   Ayriak
Date:   Nov 21, 12 at 2:49am (PST)
TheDarkSoul, I'll say this once, and once only - there is no need to post every three minutes to bump a thread because you haven't received a reply. If you continue with this constant bump-spamming, I won't have any other recourse but to issue a ban - consider this your first and last warning.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.