Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Patch 1.06 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51620/t1769151-patch-1-06/

Author:   Ayriak
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 8:59am (PST)
Subject:   Patch 1.06
-------------------------------------------
I've been looking around trying to locate a reliable source that states whether there will be a patch 1.06, and what changes to expect. So far I've only been able to find a list of changes that were brought out for the Prepare To Die edition, which I'm assuming console players will see on the release of the DLC later this month. Here's what I found:

Unlike patch 1.05, I actually don't have any gripes whatsoever with the list contained within the spoiler (such as the nerfed Pyromancy in 1.05). I really do hope this is what console players get with the DLC later this month.

Author:   jbh
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:25am (PST)
Subject:   re: Patch 1.06
All of that makes me incredibly happy, there's a petition to keep the BB glitch unfortunately. Hopefully From ignore it, but it has been brought to their attention I believe.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:49am (PST)
Would From make the mistake of removing several less severe glitches, and leave the most commonly exploited? If anything, they should let the smaller, non game breaking glitches slide, and remove the severe ones. Ideally they should just remove them all, but time will tell.

I like the increased stamina reduction for using a spear / rapier with a shield held up, that should make the great shield and spear / rapier turtle builds much less effective.

I especially like the Dark Wood Grain Ring nerf, now my PGS build will be even more devastating without the 50% poise stacking builds being able to flip around like olympic gymnasts.

Author:   jomoh71
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:02am (PST)
I would be surprised if they would let the BB glitch slide. From wants Dark Souls to be hard an unforgivin game, allowing people to move gear to low level characters sounds like a very opposite approach to that.

Author:   Kurai_Miu
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 12:27pm (PST)
I'm happy for the DWGR to be nerfed I always thought poise less builds should be the only ones who can flip around as Aura said Olympic gymnasts lol but heard another add in for 1.06 on ENB'S channel he hasn't confirmed it but supposedly people who use iron flesh can't be back stabbed. He heard it from reliable friends who play pc version like him he just hasnt tried it yet.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 4:15pm (PST)
I tend to go with the Wanderer Hood, Wanderer Armour, Elite Knight Gauntlets, and Elite Knight Leggings, with the Painting Guardian Sword, Grass Crest Shield, Canvas or Darkmoon Talisman and a secondary light weapon such as Balder Side Sword or Falchion keeps me under 25% equip load with 40 Endurance and the Ring of Favor, which allows me to use the Wolf Ring for a total of 58 poise and fast rolling.

The Dark Wood Grain Ring nerf will serve to make my favourite PvP builds that much more dangerous. If they're tanking with heavy armour, they'll be too slow to dodge, if they're using light armour, I'll do much more damage.

Author:   Proximity007
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 9:26pm (PST)
I really don't see the point in fixing what isn't broken and by that i mean essentially the entire weapon section for the patch it seems a bit unnecessary to me like take quelaags sword for example getting reduced fire damage, i didn't think it was that good to begin with besides ridiculously fast. Granted all the glitches should be patched and i like how they are making a person who is bowing immune to bs. Everything else i really don't care too much about and i hear rumors there is going to be an "easy" mode which is complete bafoonery because the game is meant to be hard and slightly frustrating at times because it punishes stupidity among other things.

Author:   Jawa King
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 2:08pm (PST)
Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick!
I hope all of this happens, except for the nerfed Eagle Shield, all my profiles use that for PVE.

Author:   Arcliff
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:11am (PST)
I can say that all of the changes listed above is true. Everything there is PTD's stuff.

EDIT:
There's a few things I haven't tried out yet, but most of them are true.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:35am (PST)
Thanks for confirmation on the changes Arcliff, I'm sure there will be a lot of people who will be happy to know this. Also, do you know if these changes have been confirmed for the console DLC? I've looked numerous times, but failed to find something that stated the patch 1.06 change will be coming with the DLC.

Author:   Arcliff
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:54am (PST)
No problem, Aura. Just happy to help.

And yeah, I can't find anything on the console DLC additions and changes.

Oh and you guys can pretty much warp to anywhere now, making travelling way easier.

Author:   PerkoApple
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 1:38am (PST)
There's a petition to keep the bottomless box glitch? Really? I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous.

How about people petition to have the dark wraiths drop chunks and slabs more than once in a full moon. I agree that Dark Souls need more upgrading stone drops, but the box glitch is not the way to fix that problem.

Happy to see that they are fixing the elemental weapons some more. They are still way overpowered. Makes for a pretty boring game when everyone has lighting.

I don't know how I feel about the hornet's ring. Thieves have it hard and my thoughts have always been to give them more attack power for harder to accomplish moves. However, the only way to make it so that some douche with a giant claymore isn't backstabbing you is to have a "stealth" or "sneak" category that you can upgrade.

That way you can't be strong AND pull off backstabs. You will have to choose.

I very much hope they add one of those categories when the third of the souls games comes out. We need a REAL thief build.

Thanks for the list Aura!!

Author:   Craiglyn
Date:   Oct 19, 12 at 10:00am (PST)
I'm pretty sure bb glitch is being petitioned because of how hard it will make it to create new pvp builds, I have 450hr on the game, and let me tell you I don't want pve any more. It will take around say 12-18 hours to create builds, where it only takes about an hour with bb glitch. Granted, I understand why they would want it out, a glitch is a glitch, and it's a game breaking one at that. The no talent griefers who prey on the poor "scrub noobs" is a great example of why it should be patched;I think it should be , even though it's really going to hurt pvp for me. On the other hand, though, I'm like a child on christmas awaiting the dwgr nerf. I swear, this will make the forest covenant the most fun to play (for me).Also ,sense I like to make fastroll builds with low poise, the greatsword stunlock nerf is also going to be so great for me! God now that I think of it with these great improvements I really don't need the bb glitch for making my 125 pvp builds. Also, thank you very much for this thread, it's well written and immensly helpfull.

Author:   jbh
Date:   Oct 22, 12 at 7:55pm (PST)
Just thought I'd pop in and mention that friends of mine in the US and Japan have 1.06 on the PS3 right now, I'm waiting now for SCEE to give it the go ahead.

Author:   J-Moogles
Date:   Oct 22, 12 at 8:10pm (PST)
I read that this patch was coming the 24th with the dlc however today i logged on and had to install the patch. Happen to anyone else?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.