Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Rumor: Dissidia 3 could be on PS3 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51523/t1639679-rumor-dissidia-3-could-on-ps3/

Author:   Angelus
Date:   Apr 12, 11 at 7:43am (PST)
Subject:   Rumor: Dissidia 3 could be on PS3
-------------------------------------------
Got to go to work but the director said that if people want it, it will happen.

Will find a link latter..

thoughts...

Author:   Arcliff
Date:   Apr 12, 11 at 7:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: Rumor: Dissidia 3 could be on PS3
I prefer Dissidia 3 for the upcoming NGP, tbh. Also, didn't Rabla posted that Duodecim is possibly the LAST Dissidia to have this Arcade/Fighting Action battle system? Dissidia 3 might not have the already awesome battle system.

Author:   Rabla
Date:   Apr 12, 11 at 9:15am (PST)
Yeah, they've said Duodecim is the end of the current style of Dissidia

They want to look at Party-Based Action Battles, mite b cool.

Author:   xXHYPERXx
Date:   Apr 12, 11 at 9:33am (PST)
I'am still trying to Imagine party based styles.
It's hard is it going to be active time or something like Dissidia? Grr....So this rumor is most likely false?
But than again who knows.

Author:   BrokenKnights
Date:   Apr 12, 11 at 1:50pm (PST)
As long as they return it more to the accessory/weapon/item gathering RPG roots I'm all for this being transferred to PS3. Or even have it set up that you can play it on both the console and the handheld.

Author:   SoraCloud
Date:   Apr 12, 11 at 1:52pm (PST)
If it was on the PS3 I would be cool with that, but if it was on the NGP that would be awesome.

Still wondering how the new fighting style would be like though, I'm hoping its good.

Author:   Angelus
Date:   Apr 13, 11 at 7:33am (PST)
So here is the interview.

Author:   Jace2012
Date:   Apr 13, 11 at 8:08am (PST)
Looking forward to Dissidia online battles...

Edit: 1000th post

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Apr 13, 11 at 11:14pm (PST)
Awesome! I'm saving up for a PS3 anyway, so seeing a Dissidia game with a larger cast of characters would be amazing. I want Dissidia to become like the Marvel expanded universe; characters, villains and hero alike just coming together and clashing.

Author:   kaijudo
Date:   Apr 13, 11 at 11:20pm (PST)
I can imagine a Marvel vs. Capcom sort of thing with teams of otherwise regular Dissidia battles. That'd be good because like Crystallaser has said, it'll bring a larger character list, and it'd be so cool having teams of Sephiroth, Gomez etc. working together!

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Apr 14, 11 at 5:49am (PST)
Considering that the Dissidia universe is confirmed to be an alternate universe (I think), I want them to revive Zack, since Aerith is unofficially revived as an Assist character. Maybe Tellah and some others, too.

Author:   Markimus_123
Date:   Apr 14, 11 at 10:59am (PST)
quote CrystalLaser
Considering that the Dissidia universe is confirmed to be an alternate universe (I think), I want them to revive Zack, since Aerith is unofficially revived as an Assist character. Maybe Tellah and some others, too.
I'd want Zack in the game too, but if they were to revive him and have him as a playable character, I'd want them to remove Cloud, which isn't going to happen, their playing styles would clash too much in my opinion

Author:   Fraser
Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 4:43am (PST)
Call me a trophy-whore but I reaaally want to see what the trophies would be like.

Author:   Sepher_Leonhart
Date:   Apr 26, 11 at 5:55am (PST)
What i would want is a dissidia that is released for the ps3 thats just an earlier cycle with more heroes that got killed along the way like angeal and genisis or something like that and the other two games storylines with hd graphics and local/online multiplayer. in short awesome epicness.

Author:   DarkHalo003
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 5:24am (PST)
quote Markimus_123
quote CrystalLaser
I'd want Zack in the game too, but if they were to revive him and have him as a playable character, I'd want them to remove Cloud, which isn't going to happen, their playing styles would clash too much in my opinion
I don't think Zack and Cloud have too similar fighting styles. Zack has cleaner, snappier, more thorough strikes. Cloud has wider, swifter, and more swiping strikes. Zack could also use more materia than Cloud, plus maybe a cameo by Costly Punch or something. Zack's abilities would also differ based on his DMW, where his abilities would be based off of different characters. For example, his land HP Attacks could be Assault Rush (Angeal) and Octaslash (Sephiroth). His air HP attacks could be Meteor Shower (Cloud) and Apocalypse (Genesis). His land bravery attacks would be Tri-Thundaga, Energy, and some potent physical attack. His air bravery attacks would be Tri-Firaga, Costly Punch, and maybe Jump. There are possibilities to make Zack unique here.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.