Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: That moment when you just realize something and feel like a complete dumbshit - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51385/t1824763-that-moment-you-just-realize-something-feel-like-complete-dumbshit/

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 6:11pm (PST)
Subject:   That moment when you just realize something and feel like a complete dumbshit
-------------------------------------------
question's in the title

It honestly took ages for me to realize Phi looks like a really good friend of mine. I guess I was more fixated on her personality reminding me of my first ex, minus said ex's promiscuity.

Author:   Game Over
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 7:14pm (PST)
Subject:   re: That moment when you just realize something and feel like a complete dumbshit
When I thought China was an ocean.....
>_<

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 7:49pm (PST)
Subject:   re: That moment when you just realize something and feel like a complete dumbshit
When I discovered why the game Uno was called uno. And why you shout it when you have one card left.

Author:   Axe
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 8:17pm (PST)
Things like this are really embarrassing.

My uncle sat me down one day because I adamantly refused to drop the idea that all the stoplights in a town were controlled by a person working for the city in some room full of feeds of cameras hidden in every stoplight, watching and making snap judgements on when to turn which light green, and explained how they really work until it sunk in. I think it was my uncle, anyway.

Author:   Pikachu
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 8:19pm (PST)
I have plenty of these.

Can't remember a single one though right now. Will edit later

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 10:13pm (PST)
quote Axe
My uncle sat me down one day because I adamantly refused to drop the idea that all the stoplights in a town were controlled by a person working for the city in some room full of feeds of cameras hidden in every stoplight, watching and making snap judgements on when to turn which light green, and explained how they really work until it sunk in
must be the Illuminati

Author:   Mouldy Cheese
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 10:39pm (PST)
quote Midnight
When I discovered why the game Uno was called uno. And why you shout it when you have one card left.
Bwahaha xD That's a good one!

I have a lot of facepalm moments...most notably, I asked a real estate agent yesterday if the pest guys checked for both white ants and termites. Which are apparently the same thing, just different names for them ;_;

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 11:17pm (PST)
This is probably my whole life, loool. ;___; I have a lot of those moments where I'm like 'Aww I know why *such and such* is called *such and such*!' or something along those lines. Generally that results in stupid looks from everyone, mainly my sister.
I cannot recall a particular situation though.

Author:   Mega Shuppet
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 11:53pm (PST)
Incident today:

I was making a special twister at work (yes I work at kfc) then afterwords, the manager told me it's supposed to have bacon on it.
I felt like a dumbshit... until I convinced her that it was only the other twister that had bacon. Ha! Proved her wrong.

> MS

Author:   Dreadlock Holiday
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 11:55pm (PST)
Whenever I think I have lost something, and spend a while looking for it, only to realize it is in my hand.

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 12:56am (PST)
quote Dreadlock Holiday
Whenever I think I have lost something, and spend a while looking for it, only to realize it is in my hand.
Hahaha I came back to this thread just to post that! XD

Author:   Dreadlock Holiday
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 12:57am (PST)
quote Midnight
quote Dreadlock Holiday
Hahaha I came back to this thread just to post that! XD
No need to, great minds think a like, and in this case we thought the same thought pretty much at the same time. Super Friends!

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 4:10am (PST)
Like every day in Javascript class. ;-;

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 4:57am (PST)
Physics does this to me all the time.

Conservation of momentum, conservation of energy, angular acceleration/velocity, and inertia.
Except I didn't feel like a dumbshit because it was physics. I felt great for finally realizing what more than half my class last year couldn't.
I mean, sure, this year I understand physics the least out of us, but that's because the five of us were our teacher's best students last year.

Author:   Aurigae
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 10:01am (PST)
Basically everyday, so I can't really think of an example.

But, I did feel actually intelligent by pointing out that Mexico was in the North America continent and someone who is doing a Geography degree Whelan got it wrong xD

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.