Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Games that make you go "Grrrr" - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51385/t1819207-games-that-make-you-go-grrrr/

Author:   Aurigae
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 9:31am (PST)
Subject:   Games that make you go "Grrrr"
-------------------------------------------
Since we have a thread about what games we love the most, suppose it would only make sense to let our frustrations of games we dislike a lot xD

I know batsman is going to say Heavy Rain ;o;

So here's mine:
Sonic Games: The only one I actually do like is the one that all of the fans hate; Sonic Heroes. Only because I remember playing it as a 12 year old kid on my PS2 x3 The others, well, they've gone gradually down hill.

Blackwater: Genuinely one of the worst games I've played. Limited enemies to fight, which was a bit of a disappointment & you have to start over from the beginning ._.

Amy: Unfortunately, this game shares the same name as me. Suppose you could say it was even more rubbish than I am. Absolutely terrible game design.

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 10:13am (PST)
Subject:   re: Games that make you go "Grrrr"
Super Smash Bros. Melee, and people who spammed the c-stick.

Any FPS game as well, really. No point in naming just one... anyone who's played a FPS game online has shouted "bullshit" numerous times.

Author:   batsman
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 10:21am (PST)
Amsey
Haha, no surprisingly i wont mention it here due to amazing story and facial expressions and graphics
But overall i do find it mediocre as a game

As for sonic games i agree, but generations wasnt that bad
But the modern sonic levels made the game mediocre overall, i loved the 2D levels tough
And i love the classic sonic games on the genesis and mastersystem

A few that come to mind are
Fable 3
Fable the journey
The walking dead
Payload

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 10:56am (PST)
I'm like this weird version of a genwunner with Sonic games. I found Sonic during the Sonic Adventure period, and now I think all Sonic games should go back to that era. I was actually really sad with Generations because the 2D levels played like... 2D Sonic, and the 3D levels played like the more recent ones, which have a lot different handling than the Adventure era. It was supposed to be a love letter for old and new Sonic fans, and I wasn't feeling the love.

But anyway, Sonic Generations isn't the worst game game ever (probably the most disappointed I've been with a game though.) That honor would go to...

1. Unchained Blades: Okay, to be fair I'm putting this one on the list because its so fresh in my mind, but I'm really trying to enjoy Unchained Blades, I really am. But whatever enjoyment I get from it comes crashing to a halt whenever I get to a Judgement Battle, usually replacing what should have been an epic boss battle. For those who haven't played the game, Judgement Battles use an army of Fellows (enemy monsters that you've befriended to help you in battle) and instead of anything actually exciting, its just a lame rhythm game while you watch your fellows bounce off one another. And the enemy's difficulty is hard as hell. Whenever I get to one of these battles (and they're fairly common), I have to grind for two hours in order to raise my fellow's levels or capture new ones.

2. Knights in the Nightmare: I don't know if anyone's heard of this game, as I've never heard it talked about, ever. A few years ago I found a review for it that said it was really original so I bought it. What the review didn't say was that it had the most boring story ever (if there was even a story in there somewhere) and the "original" battle system was unintuitive, boring, and still somehow incredibly unchallenging. Just thinking about how boring it was is putting me to sleep.

Author:   Wally
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 11:11am (PST)
I think Wilhelm Ryan hit the nail on the head. FPS games can be really frustrating at times. But I don't dislike the games at all.
quote Wilhelm Ryan
Super Smash Bros. Melee, and people who spammed the c-stick.

Author:   Liege
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 12:26pm (PST)
Planetside 2 doesn't do anything better than any other class-based shooter. In fact, it does most of them worse. The only thing it has going for it is the scale of the continents.

It pisses you off just enough to keep you coming back.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 12:35pm (PST)
    Never played a game I didn't like. :3

I put way too much effort into picking out a game.

Author:   Team Hydro Aura
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 1:13pm (PST)
CharDee MacDennis.

Author:   Axe
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 1:49pm (PST)
Space Magic.

RRRAAAAAAAAAAGH!! *tears hair out*

Author:   canderson
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 2:44pm (PST)
1. As a huge fan of the Sonic series, I also have to mention the Sonic series.
a. Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog due to obvious reasons. It's been mentioned countless times why these games are one of the worst video games of all time, especially the former. Even non-Sonic fans know of this s***, so I'm not going into detail.

b. Sonic Heroes, to a less extent, since, although I still enjoy this game, this is the game IMO that started the downfall of the series. The controls are a mess, in that the characters are too slippery, and it can be repetitive playing the same stages in each story with minor differences.
Thankfully Sonic Colors and Generations got the series back on track.

2. Superman64 : exactly what I said about Sonic 06 above. lol

3. Mario Kart Wii. I don't hate this game at all. It's just that I used to play this game competitively and it's absolutely frustrating trying to beat the very advanced players and trying to attempt World Records in Time Trial. I put countless hours of effort into the game and I never quite reached the level of the top players. I mean, I beat some of them once in a while, but I'd say that I'm not on their level. At the same time, I'm definitely no pushover though. I'm close to WR in plenty of tracks, but I just can't beat them. As of now, I still play pretty often and kick ass, but I'm no longer competitive.

Author:   Fawful
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 3:05pm (PST)
quote Phi
    Never played a game I didn't like. :3

I put way too much effort into picking out a game.

You seem to have some uncanny habit of answering questions with my answers before I do. D:

Although I can attribute my lack of bad games to the fact that I almost exclusively pick games that are top of the line from Nintendo's top two franchises. It's incredibly hard to go wrong when you narrow it down to those.

Author:   Hmszelda
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 3:50pm (PST)
World of Zoo.
Don't. Ask.

Author:   Lesley Pro_04
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 5:09pm (PST)
quote Wilhelm Ryan
Any FPS game as well, really. No point in naming just one... anyone who's played a FPS game online has shouted "bullshit" numerous times.
I've also said "bullshit" at FPS Games during the single player campaign. Especially on the higher difficulties--Goldeneye 007 and Goldeneye 007 Reloaded come to mind. As does Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, a game that does have cheap deaths and captures aplenty. And to make matters worse, the game sometimes crashes on PC for no apparent reason.

I've had my moments with Super Smash Bros Brawl that irritate the heck out of me, from cheap computer opponents to lame kills that one doesn't think should happen, but they do. Almost as if the game is saying "It doesn't matter what you think!" with those cheap deaths.

quote canderson
b. Sonic Heroes, to a less extent, since, although I still enjoy this game, this is the game IMO that started the downfall of the series. The controls are a mess, in that the characters are too slippery, and it can be repetitive playing the same stages in each story with minor differences.
Thankfully Sonic Colors and Generations got the series back on track.

2. Superman64 : exactly what I said about Sonic 06 above. lol
Someone on YouTube tried doing an LP of Superman 64, but never finished it. Probably because the game got to be unplayable, but I wouldn't know because I never played that particular game.

I did notice one thing about Sonic Heroes: if you play the Hard Mode of each level, you're going through the entire level. Some of those levels were pretty stinking tough.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 5:24pm (PST)
The Sims 2: Pets. Yeah I didn't know how to control the damn game and I ended up ragequitting within half an hour of playing it and returned it.

Author:   thewatermeloncult
Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 9:36pm (PST)
One Piece: Grand Battle. The entire game just sucks, the graphics, the combat, everything.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.