Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Tell your War Stories - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51139/t1729725-tell-your-war-stories/7.htm

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Jan 15, 13 at 2:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Tell your War Stories
-------------------------------------------
So I've not played this game alot, barely level 14 I think.

I was playing TDM yesterday in Metro(I love bullshitting with C-4 here). I usually play as Support but decided to give Assault a go, first thing I see when I spawn is a guy running to get in the van. I fire a random M320 round and manage to get myself a double kill.

And I was playing in Oman on Saturday, was a bit pissed at the snipers over in the building with the pool so I change to recon myself. I manage to sneak up behind them and knife both but a heli starts firing at me so I jump off. I didn't get to blow up the spawn beacon so they're back firing at me.

Ofcourse I've seen enough tv to know that when to zig & zag. I manage to make it behind the containers near the construction site and decide to fire back at them. My scope is pretty shit so I'm not hitting them at all. I decide to shoot one last time before going for a tank. I end up getting a headshot on one right before I get knifed.

I was pretty happy with that headshot as I hardly use that class cause I'm shit with snipers.

Nothing epic on my part really. Best I've done is run away from two tanks unscathed.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Jan 16, 13 at 1:10am (PST)
Yesterday I was playing CQ on Metro.

I was using the M98B bolt action with iron sights and an MP443 silenced pistol.

- Double "collateral" headshot. One of them was running full speed.

- Another double kill later at point blank in a train carriage.

- Shot an enemy C4 for two kills by accident. (Was weird, came up with 2 C4 kills in the feed when i was playing recon. Took me a sec to realise what happened).

- 48 kills for 7 deaths and that was PTFO.

One of the best games i have ever had. The next game was TDM on Noshar and i got humped LOL.

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   Jan 16, 13 at 6:08am (PST)
Have they patched the C4 glitch then? Because people were putting C4 on tanks and shooting it with a REX, so it shows on the feed as a REX kill

Date:   Jan 16, 13 at 6:48am (PST)
quote unclebobert87
Have they patched the C4 glitch then? Because people were putting C4 on tanks and shooting it with a REX, so it shows on the feed as a REX kill

Dunno. Its happened to me on several occasions. (Getting a C4 kill feed or other explosives i aint using). I just always assumed it was a nade i had thrown or something.

Awww dont tell me it was a glitch... Dont ruin the dream !

I was so proud... :-(

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   Jan 16, 13 at 11:50am (PST)
No it isn't a glitch, it should show that the kills were down to C4. It's stupid but hilarious seeing a tank blown up by a REX

Author:   Pauliepoos
Date:   Jan 16, 13 at 6:21pm (PST)
So presumably the X7 scope produces glint then? I've always been under the impression it doesn't, or at least produces a very small glint, because thats what I use and very rarely do I get counter-sniped....Perhaps the higher the magnification scope, the brighter the glint?

Date:   Jan 17, 13 at 11:15pm (PST)
quote unclebobert87
No it isn't a glitch, it should show that the kills were down to C4. It's stupid but hilarious seeing a tank blown up by a REX
Your right. It wasnt my shot. Grenade maybe?

Yesterday in Metro i was playing Support and threw down C4 and an enemy sniper shot MY C4. The kills showed up as "M40".

However i got ANOTHER C4 kill whilst playing as Engineer the other day on Gulf Of Oman. Anyone got any ideas?

And Pauliepoos i think you may be right on that. The 12x Scopes certainly seem to produce the most glint. Like bloody militairy search lights. Very easy to counter attack.

Author:   pestar93820
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 9:46am (PST)
Had three games in a row with over 10,000 points on Conquest and Rush earlier, one of which was an 81-9 game on M├ętro as a defender. Absolutely insane, they had 500 tickets and we held them back so well.

Author:   Dizzywallin
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 11:06pm (PST)
Well, I just had a good laugh.

I was playing Rush on Grand Bazaar as the Attackers. Had my trusty M40A5 out, and me and the squad captured a few M-COMS to the point we had pushed them back to the third set (M-COM A being down that god-awful hallway to the left of where Objective C is in Conquest. Sorry, hard to really explain).

So what I generally do at that point is ignore A completely, and run along the left side of the map to B first. Generally only a handful of people are defending that direction. I kill a guy on the raised platform above the road, and sweep around towards B. Before I plant, I look over towards where A is to make sure noone's watching. As im spotting quickly, I notice something funny. Some guy (or girl, I am not sexist) had laced the entire area around A with C-4. Some other guy had laced it with A-T mines. Standing in and around the explosive mess is 5 or 6 enemies all looking the other way. I raised my rifle and put a round into a C-4 pack in the middle, and boom. multi-kill. And literally 10 explosives destroyed.

I've blown up enemy vehicles by sniping their own mines, but never the mine/C-4 M-COM combo. I just wonder what it said they were killed by? I forgot to look

Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 11:55pm (PST)
quote Dizzywallin
I raised my rifle and put a round into a C-4 pack in the middle, and boom. multi-kill. And literally 10 explosives destroyed.
HAHA ! Nice shot.

And lucky B*stard! I still dont have a single multikill since the "Rambo" assignment came out !

Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 9:39pm (PST)
quote KR_1250
quote Dizzywallin
I raised my rifle and put a round into a C-4 pack in the middle, and boom. multi-kill. And literally 10 explosives destroyed.
HAHA ! Nice shot.

And lucky B*stard! I still dont have a single multikill since the "Rambo" assignment came out !
Haha thanks, I seem to be more lucky than good most of the time.

Today, I squeezed in a few big-ticket conquest matches before the server maintanence.

My last match, I scored 27,000+ points. Kharg Island CQ, Recon class, AS Val and absolutely terrible teamates. We lost by 500 some tickets, but I was repeatedly moving back in forth from A to B to C capturing flags and doin my best Rambo impression by loan-wolfing it. I think i single-handedly caused the round to drag out for more than an hour and a half.

I ended up going 55-31 with 28 flag captures and 13 flag defends, according to battlelog

Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 12:25am (PST)
quote Dizzywallin
My last match, I scored 27,000+ points. Kharg Island CQ, Recon class, AS Val and absolutely terrible teamates. We lost by 500 some tickets, but I was repeatedly moving back in forth from A to B to C capturing flags and doin my best Rambo impression by loan-wolfing it. I think i single-handedly caused the round to drag out for more than an hour and a half.
I actually love this style of play on conquest. Often i'll play Recon with a silenced semi auto rifle or PDW and silenced M1911 and just stealth it the entire game. Firestorm or Oman are my favourite for it. Love hiding in a hedge shitting your self as a tank rolls by.

Often when trying to avoid fights i find you get into so many side engagements with stragglers and other snipers that you can actually end up with a massive K/D score even when heavily playing the objective.

I ended up going 55-31 with 28 flag captures and 13 flag defends, according to battlelog
Ah very nice. Often times having shit team mates gives you the chance to shine. Though other times they make games unplayable. Also, i'd rather the the MVP of the losing team than 4th in the winning one LOL!

Its pretty cool constantly stealing flags when very few enemies have worked out who's doing it.

Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 6:41am (PST)
quote KR_1250
I actually love this style of play on conquest. Often i'll play Recon with a silenced semi auto rifle or PDW and silenced M1911 and just stealth it the entire game. Firestorm or Oman are my favourite for it. Love hiding in a hedge shitting your self as a tank rolls by.

Often when trying to avoid fights i find you get into so many side engagements with stragglers and other snipers that you can actually end up with a massive K/D score even when heavily playing the objective.
^this exactly.

I always freak out and hide from tanks and LAVs. I usually just lay in wait, hoping they don't have proximity scan. Worst case scenario I run right up next to it and hope they think I'm laying C-4.

And all of those kills on that map were stragglers. Minus the few that tried to ruin my flag capping.

Oman is my favorite map to snipe on. I normally play an aggressive Recon with the M40A5 and some low-zoom scope, but on Oman I use the 12x and counter-snipe hotel campers while I'm capping A & B. Such easy kills.

Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 3:47am (PST)
quote Dizzywallin
Oman is my favorite map to snipe on. I normally play an aggressive Recon with the M40A5 and some low-zoom scope, but on Oman I use the 12x and counter-snipe hotel campers while I'm capping A & B. Such easy kills.
I love OMAN for easy kills on enemy snipers.

Infact any time as assignment stated that i needed knife kills, EOD kills and destroys or destroy enemy equipment with grenads i'd junp into a high ticket game on OMAN, parachute onto the top of the construction buildings at "D" and just take my time slowly killing all the camping snipers who inevitably camp there every game without fail.

I got a 3 kill streak with an EOD bot up there LOL. you can just camp on the top floor imune to incoming fire and drive the EOD bot off of each level. Had a few repair tool kills there also.

I have also parachuted out of jets and had mid air Javelin kills as you can lock on to and fire at the snipers T-UGS or Spawn Beacon on the way down. Great fun.

I usually run Engineer with a Javelin and pump action 12g with slugs. That way you can take on vehicles and infantry reliably at pretty much any range. I have had had 12g slug kills from checkpoint B right up to the top of the cranes at checkpoint "D" before.

Love Oman.

-------------------------------

Lately i have been playing a hell of a lot of TDM and only just discovered how brilliant this game mode is on the "Karkand" map. Absolutely awesome map. Lots of destructable buildings and cover and real varied lines of sight. It suits any and all weapons.

I have been trying to service star every weapon and used this map extensively. Had over 600 pistol kills in one weekend using a mixture of this, Noshaar, Tehran Highway and Kharg Island.

I used to hate TDM on BF3. Starting to really love it now. And only just realsied how good the pistols can be.

All "TACT" semi auto's with flashlights areexcellent. Really throws off enemies with much better equipment at point blank range. And infact all the semi-autos are far more capable than i had realised. Had some 100m+ kills with them. the G17c in perticular is an absolute beast if you spam the hell out of it. Comes with a laser for decent CQB hipfiring aswell. And the recently buffed .44 Magnum and Mp412 are trully excellent in taking out individual enemies.

The .44 Mag is just a decent all round gun in the right hands. I much prefer the unscoped version. Once i got used to it i was frequently getting 100m+ kills and headshots.

I have been a real pistol monkey lately.

Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 10:48pm (PST)
quote Master
Love Oman.
Probably my favorite map. You can run with any class and have an opportunity to shine.

quote KR_1250
I used to hate TDM on BF3. Starting to really love it now.
TDM is the go-to game mode for when you get pissed off at CQ or Rush. If I just got my rear-end handed to me in a conquest game, I jump into a TDM game on Canals and kill everyone.

Gun-master is also really fun, for some reason I'm really good at it.

quote KR_1250
I have been a real pistol monkey lately.
I know how you feel. Running around with a semi-auto pistol is great fun.

Try CQ on Bazaar with the recon class. Get your favorite pistol and plant a spawn beacon somewhere near the enemies deployment. Spend the round flanking the enemy from behind and capping the objectives noone is at. Loads of fun.

I have 700 kills with the M-9 suppressed, it's probably my all-time favorite. Lately I've been using the M1911 with no attachment, just for the nostalgia. All the semi-autos are basically the same, it's just the user preference.

The 44. Magnum and the Rex aren't really my cup of tea, I think fire-rate trumps power in the right hands. On Gun Master, I usually blast through the MP443 within 30 seconds, and then I'm stuck on the magnum for awhile. That's just me though.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.