Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Tell your War Stories - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51139/t1729725-tell-your-war-stories/5.htm

Author:   Memento Mori
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 10:05pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Tell your War Stories
-------------------------------------------
Had a pretty sweet couple of minutes on Armored Shield the other day. Never had too much luck when it comes to taking down aircraft from the ground before this, but then as I was heading past round to D from A, I saw a bird in the sky hovering over C, and took a shot at it from a Sprut. First one missed, but the second shot was a clean hit, destroyed it and got the kill.

Anyway, just as I'm about to arrive at D, a Havoc (I think it was) flew over on an attack run, and tagged me pretty heavily, and I only got one shot off in return, which missed. I swung my turret round behind me to see if it was going to come back, and I saw it turn around and begin another pass. It had just lined up and clearly had me in it's sights as I took aim and took the thing down, getting a double kill in the process.

I then captured point D and went merrily on my way and caught up with my mate at E.

Author:   Airwalked
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 8:53am (PST)
Heh thosem ust have been some nice shots Mori, think i've only shot down a handful of helis in a tank (and most of those in the tunnels on damavand peak )

Was playing rush on canals the tother day, attacking team. Soon as the game started me and my friend hop into the little bird & he ends up flying. He takes me straight over to the AA tank so I can jump out and C4. When I land next to it I realise i'm an engineer so start drilling the shit out of it and end up disabling it. Guy gets out and I kill him. Whilst this is happening my friend in the chopper gets shot out and it lands gracefully out of bounds of where I can go. Then realising i'm not in fact playing support, and am engineer with an RPG shoot the bastards out of the sky just as they're lifting up.

All in all, AA destroyed, and 4 kills. one of my finer moments.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 6:09pm (PST)
Not much of a whole story, just an awesome moment-

I had just captured B on Kharg Island in a T-90, and saw an enemy Viper flying overhead that did a quick strafe run on me. I pivoted the turret and moved to lead him, and switched to what I thought was the coax, and planned to pepper him a bit to warn him off.
Turned out it was the main gun- and I scored a direct hit, killing both inside.

I'm sure people have killed aircraft with the main gun of a tank before- but it was my first, and it was so surprising, it was one of the most awesome moments I've had.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:02am (PST)
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
I'm sure people have killed aircraft with the main gun of a tank before- but it was my first, and it was so surprising, it was one of the most awesome moments I've had.
Nice, great feeling huh? Someone buy this man a pint pronto.

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 9:57am (PST)
No matter how many times you take out a Heli with a tanks main gun, the feeling is always the same. Now imagine what that feeling would be if you took out a jet with it, like i did at Operation Firestorm driving out of base and the jet was flying low, about to go pass me, i just quickly aimed up and took a random shot, and to my surprise, hit him

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 6:08pm (PST)
Indeed. I did it a second time tonight in an Abrams. This time I was actually trying when I saw him hovering near A on Caspian Border.

I've also been averaging one or two jet kills for every game of Conquest the past few days.

I'm on a roll!

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:25am (PST)
quote unclebobert87
Now imagine what that feeling would be if you took out a jet with it,
LOL, yeah or from the other side imagine flying along in your jet when all of a sudden BOOM! tank shot. LOL. As has happened to me twice now.

When the last guy did it i sent him a message saying "Nice Shot!". He replied: "F**K OFF!". LOL Oh well.

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 5:56am (PST)
Haha, he probably thought you was being sarcastic. I probably would have replied with the same thing

Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 12:39am (PST)
AWWWWWW YEAH !!!

I finally done the BF3 Holy grail shot !!!

During CQ on gulf Of Oman playing as the US side my mate flew the Huey from the carrier over Checkpoint A as i took up a rear door position with an AT rocket.

I got my AT-4 out and was about to fire one at an enemy tank in A when ssshhhhcaaaaoooww BOOM ! A jet came in for a strafing run and flew under the chopper as i pressed the trigger.

The AT-4 smashed straight into the cockpit blowing the jet apart! I killed a jet from a door gunner position with a free fire Rocket! And everyone saw it HAHA! Total fluke but i dont care. I'll take it. Aww i wish i could have seen him watching the kill-cam. He must have seen me still sitting in the chopper with my AT-4 out still firing at tanks thinking WTF?

Author:   Solx
Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 5:58am (PST)
quote KR_1250
AWWWWWW YEAH !!!

I finally done the BF3 Holy grail shot !!!

During CQ on gulf Of Oman playing as the US side my mate flew the Huey from the carrier over Checkpoint A as i took up a rear door position with an AT rocket.

I got my AT-4 out and was about to fire one at an enemy tank in A when ssshhhhcaaaaoooww BOOM ! A jet came in for a strafing run and flew under the chopper as i pressed the trigger.

The AT-4 smashed straight into the cockpit blowing the jet apart! I killed a jet from a door gunner position with a free fire Rocket! And everyone saw it HAHA! Total fluke but i dont care. I'll take it. Aww i wish i could have seen him watching the kill-cam. He must have seen me still sitting in the chopper with my AT-4 out still firing at tanks thinking WTF?
Too bad no capture kit so we can see the infinite hilarity of that, but still grats.

If that happened to me, i wold have just put down my controller and would have been done for the day.

Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 6:02am (PST)
quote Solx
Too bad no capture kit so we can see the infinite hilarity of that, but still grats.

If that happened to me, i wold have just put down my controller and would have been done for the day.
HAHA. Well the sad thing is i was completely drunk at the time so i did shite the rest of the game. Rest of the night infact. It was worth it for that shot though. Along with taking down an AC-130 with an RPG in MW2 its my favourite gaming shot ever.

And damn right. Wish every game had an instant record function. At least mates seen me do it. Thats all i care about. If i ever do something cool and NO-ONE seen it then i just dont tell anyone it happened.

Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 10:34am (PST)
...I'll just be that guy and say-

SMAW, not AT-4.

Impressive. I've seen a friend do that after bailing out of jet. He pulled out his SMAW and killed the guy that just shot down his plane.

Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 12:13am (PST)
quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
SMAW, not AT-4.
Indeed. My mistake.

And yeah it was cool. I can die happy now.

Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 4:22am (PST)
Well suck my plums and call me Suzie.

I had the best 30 seconds of my life in BF3 the other day. My mate and i were playing CQ on operation firestorm and had captured every base except B. We climbed to the top of the larger warehouse and got into a firefight with like two squads guys on the other roof with a bloody irritating medic who would hide and rescue any of his mates we killed.

I was killed pretty quickly and my mate was left there alone having the fight of his life, he killed a few but they kept spawing on their mate and that damn medic kept reviving everyone. As i reswpaned an F-18 Hornet became available and i jumped in it. I was planning to support my mate with guns and rockets whilst he fought but he sounded desperate. I flew in over his head aiming straight for the enemy shouting "AAAAARGH"!!!

I took one guy out with the Vulcan then bailed out. The empty jet flew right into another exploding and killing him and injuring everyone enarby. I chuted right in amongst them and immediately killed two engineers with the PDW-R then switched to my handgun for two more kills. I threw a grenade and hid behind the air conditioning unit to reload and jumped back out with the M1911. I managed to kill the medic who had been annoying us AND another guy he had revived, seconds later my own grenade blew up and killed me showing all of those bad guys what a twat i am on the killcam. My mate was pissing himself laughing. he had watched the whole thing from the other roof and got the capture himself. It was totally effing heroic if i do say so mysef.

I swear from the moment i fired the vulcan to the time i had killed every single one of them including me was about 10 seconds. The whole event took about 30 when you factor in flight time and respawn time. I wish i did shit like that every day.

Oh and a shout to my mate (Who's no 1 weapon in his stats is the knife) Who i watched kill 5 guys in a row in one checkpoint with a knife. Two of those guys were stabbed in the face whilst they fired at him. Amazing.

He also shot down an enemy Havoc and stabbed BOTH pilots one of whom owned the lobby then got kicked for using their chopper (we assume). Pretty pathetic of the lobby host really.

Author:   red man
Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 5:25am (PST)
First game ever, really pumped .

I see a guy hiding round the corner when suddenly he jumps up and runs away.

I have a quick look behind me to see what spooked him and realized it must have been me. My chest pumped out at the thought he was scared of me. ME a level 1 (noob)

My heart started racing with excitment 'BOOM BOOM' This is it. I'm going to get my first ever kill in BF3, and with that thought in mind I charged towards the corner where he ran from me, only moments previously. I decided at that point to use some of my COD experiance and attempted to jump drop shot round the corner whilst no scoping in the direction I thought he had ran. I

It was at that moment that I realized;

1. You can't drop shot
2. He was lying there aimed in at my head.
3. I fail.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.