Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: EA's fool-proof Online Pass system - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51139/t1693379-eas-fool-proof-online-pass-system/3.htm

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Nov 07, 11 at 12:07pm (PST)
Subject:   re: EA's fool-proof Online Pass system
-------------------------------------------
quote Cyanide
quote CTTR champion
Online passes are useless. They're only doing it because when you buy a game used the store gets the money and not the Developers. So theyre losing £30-£40 so they at least want some money so they rob a Tenner off you.
which is why it's totally acceptable.

When you buy games used, you're basically doing the same thing when you pirate movies or music. If a developer loses a ton of money, how do you expect the budget to be bigger for the next game? Buying games new is just a way to help the developer, and you should do it if you like the game franchise.
So when i borrow a game from my brother im actually stealing it as i didnt buy a new copy, hell its just like pirating right ?

And when i bought my used car I was actually stealing it by not buying a new one from Mercedes ? (You try buying a f***ing new mercedes LOL)

What about my house ? People used to live in it before i took out a mortgage. Did i steal the house because i bought it useed, or in your crazy world should i download a code to get full access to my toilet ? What if i let my brother use my toilet ? Is he then stealing aswell ? Should he use his own code ? Afterall the guy who sells NEW houses and toilets just got shafted huh ?

Not only that but as i have said before, i do not go into E.A's bank account and steal £50 off of them buy buying a used game do i ? They dont LOSE anything. And i would never have bought BF3 new anyway, so they didnt even lose a POTENTIAL £50. Im gettign sick of repeating that.

Also, it would help E.A make better games if they robbed a bank, if they embezzled millions in a ponzi scheme or printed counterfit money, should they do that aswell as it will make them money if thats all its about ? Its not a good argument. Morality comes in sometimes.

And on a final note I DONT like the BF3 franchise enough to give em more money. I just dont, i dont care how big their budget is for next time. Maybe if they made the best FPS out there they wouldnt have to claw back petty cash like some desperate old beggar. And hey, maybe if the multiplayer was decent and free for all users i would get into the series and buy the next one new. No chance now huh ?

O-Or did you just skip through this conversation NOT reading it all ? This has all been covered already, you are way behind and making points which have been smashed to bits.

Author:   Fortitudo
Date:   Nov 07, 11 at 4:54pm (PST)
quote Cyanide
quote CTTR champion
Online passes are useless. They're only doing it because when you buy a game used the store gets the money and not the Developers. So theyre losing £30-£40 so they at least want some money so they rob a Tenner off you.
which is why it's totally acceptable.

When you buy games used, you're basically doing the same thing when you pirate movies or music. If a developer loses a ton of money, how do you expect the budget to be bigger for the next game? Buying games new is just a way to help the developer, and you should do it if you like the game franchise.
So if its like pirating why dont shops not accept used games. Its not acceptable because they get millions of new games shipped and bought.

Author:   Cyanide
Date:   Nov 07, 11 at 8:51pm (PST)
The point went way over your guys' heads.

It's common knowledge that buying games used hurts the developer. It's not debatable. It's a fact.

Author:   slapshotj22
Date:   Nov 08, 11 at 7:04pm (PST)
quote Cyanide

It's common knowledge that buying games used hurts the developer. It's not debatable. It's a fact.
Cyanide, you are completely right. People don't understand that the "big companies" aren't out there to get us. Does anyone really think that these companies are trying to take our money? No, the last thing they want to do is piss you off. They need this money, for some reason or another, to continue providing us with a decent product.

You think when the government raises taxes they're just trying to take our money? No! That extra money goes into public goods ie. roads, schools etc... With this extra ten dollars we can expect to see more quality games released by EA. Without it, the quality WILL suffer.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Nov 09, 11 at 8:15am (PST)
quote Cyanide

That is just a very simplistic and naive way of look at things. It is certainly not a fact sir. You have chosen time and time again not to tackle the scenarios i have set out.

If you want to ignore the real debate and set out some under-detailed generalisations then by all means please do. Its not a meaningful way to converse.

And Slapshot, i dont know how old you are, but your comments about the govornment may change in life. Never, ever take what your government says for fact. Never.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_parliamentary_expenses_scandal
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101672-TIGA-Chief-Blames-U-K-Government-for-Tax-Scandal
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101672-TIGA-Chief-Blames-U-K-Government-for-Tax-Scandal
http://taxcreditscandal.blogspot.com/

Try the section on that blog about how the Government spent 54,000,000 which had been promised to Tax Credit worthy citizens, which went on to line the pockets of civil sevants. Also i work on MOD contracts, youd shit yourself if you knew how much money this country pisses away every day.

The worlds Governements, all of them, are the most corrupt organisations known to man. And BTW, try "The Lounge" if you wanna have that debate. Im sure it'll go dwon well there.

Author:   chautemoc
Date:   Nov 09, 11 at 5:38pm (PST)
It is in fact a pretty simple matter. I think most of you would do the same if in EA's position, given how much it costs to make a game like Battlefield 3.

Author:   antsinyamum
Date:   Jan 15, 13 at 6:40am (PST)
i contacted ea as i baught a brand new copy of battlefield 3 limited edition but the code didnt work it said invalid code so i explained this to them they said do you have proof of purchase i said no but psn can comfirm its not been used they said tough shit no proof of purchase no code......*bleep*IN WANKERS .. so sent all my findings to watch dog... and never ever buying ea again treyarch all the way

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.