Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: DICE: "No One-Shot Sniper Kills" - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51139/t1674727-dice-no-one-shot-sniper-kills/6.htm

Author:   ResistanceFailure
Date:   Dec 16, 12 at 12:49pm (PST)
Subject:   re: DICE: "No One-Shot Sniper Kills"
-------------------------------------------
quote BeScared
There are one shot kill snipers... at least I know 1 ..! it is the JNG-sniper rifle! But you need to be Premium member...
You don't need to be Premium, you just need to have bought Close Quarters DLC. And it isn't always a one hit kill sniper rifle.

Author:   Pauliepoos
Date:   Dec 16, 12 at 4:27pm (PST)
Nah, the JNG isn't a OHK rifle unless you get a headshot, as with any other sniper rifle.

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   Dec 18, 12 at 4:15am (PST)
The L96 sometimes gives you a headshot bonus when you hit them in the chest.

Author:   Pauliepoos
Date:   Dec 19, 12 at 4:05pm (PST)
quote unclebobert87
The L96 sometimes gives you a headshot bonus when you hit them in the chest.
I've never noticed that. Lag maybe?

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 1:08am (PST)
Uhh guys.

BF3 does give one shot sniper kills in the right circumstances. But they are relatively rare.

I have been using alot of bolt action rifles with iron sights lately and for the L96, JNG, M98B and M40 I have had several one shot kills on fully healed enemies. (Trying the SV98 tonight but im sure it will be similiar).

Obviously all headshots count but a single shot to the torso from the front, rear or sides will also reliably kill in one shot if it is within about 10-15 feet from the enemy. I think the bolt actions have a score multiplier which is only active at extremely short ranges.

But trust me all the bolt actions i have tried can achieve VERY regular one shot kills but only torso shots (no limb shots) at very short point blank range.

EDIT: Update. After using the SV98 and going back to the M40 i realised that neither of these guns have the short range multiplier. Both can achieve central torso shots from less than 10ft WITHOUT killing the enemy. Whereas the L96, M98 and JNG all kill outright at this range.

Avoid these guns if you want to do short range fighting. I'd avoid them anyway. They have very little advantage over the L96 or JNG at any range.

EDIT... AGAIN: I was gonna delet this whole post but i'll leave it here as evidence of my arse-headidness.

All Bolt action snipers have a x1.25 multiplier within 15 metres. All are capable of one shot kills to the torso within this range. My guess is that I was simply getting more one shotters with the more powerful snipers due to hitting previously injured players outside this range. I just had bad luck with the M40 and SV98. Probably hitting lots of arm shots.

Best part is this informatiion is freely available on both the BF3 wiki sites and on the BF3 mobile app.

DUUURRR !!!!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.