Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Difficulty - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51129/t1722938-difficulty/6.htm

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Apr 05, 12 at 8:36pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Difficulty
-------------------------------------------
Tenshi

I'd just play on moderate if I was you right now until you really get things down at least. Hard, Evil, and Chaos are more for people who either beat the game already or who have been grinding up. That is the way I see it at least because some of these bosses can be hard even on moderate if you aren't prepared for it.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Apr 05, 12 at 10:52pm (PST)
I feel like a God after playing in Chaos for days now. Something I have never done in other Tales games.
I like it how even simple battles are challenging. But everything pays off so well, I wouldn't decrease to anything (unless Evil provided a title after certain amount of battles, like Chaos did...). I recommend everyone to do it. It's perfect to grind for titles (you would say I have no life after looking at all my mastered titles. ), and in a way it teaches you the good habit of dodging, since you can get pwnt if enemies gang rape you.

Author:   Tenshi
Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 6:00am (PST)
Yeah, Intermediate is probably more along my skill level. I just wanted to play Hard so I could unlock Evil even if I wasn't going to play it.

But Hard does give more SP, so that's nice. That's the main reason I wish I could play on hard. I can't figure out why I suck so bad. I try dodging, and I do sometimes, but the battlefield can be kind of chaotic.

Also, there's so many Artes to use that it's pretty hard to focus on using weaknesses. I mean, for boss battles I do, but still.

I don't know. It's just not working good for me. But I don't know what level I need to be or what gear to have and I have been just ranking every title I get to 5 in chronological order and moving to the next one (without mastering them).

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 6:00am (PST)
I'm running through the game on Evil, and it's going really well. I usually lose once for each boss battle, but I haven't reduced difficulty yet.

Then again, I'm only to the Seaside Cavern...

I'm only going up to Rank 5 in the titles right now to get the permanent skills, then I'll be going back for mastery. It's better for me that way anyways.

Author:   Kratos
Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 8:13am (PST)
Everything isn't that bad on Evil until you get to Zahvert. I'm not sure if the levels caught up to me there or if the enemies got a lot harder, but I feel like every fight I have a good chance of dying.

I'm currently level 41 about to tackle the Tower in Zahvert, and I'm a little hesitant about going in. So grind up a little before you leave Yu Liberte.

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
Stupid. Queen. Slime.

She was a very hard boss. >.< I would almost kill her, then she'd spew out like 92 of the Slimes (maybe a bit exaggerated). I did finally beat her on Evil, but she made me want to rage quit.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 9:48am (PST)
quote Tenshi
Yeah, Intermediate is probably more along my skill level. I just wanted to play Hard so I could unlock Evil even if I wasn't going to play it.

But Hard does give more SP, so that's nice. That's the main reason I wish I could play on hard. I can't figure out why I suck so bad. I try dodging, and I do sometimes, but the battlefield can be kind of chaotic.

Also, there's so many Artes to use that it's pretty hard to focus on using weaknesses. I mean, for boss battles I do, but still.

I don't know. It's just not working good for me. But I don't know what level I need to be or what gear to have and I have been just ranking every title I get to 5 in chronological order and moving to the next one (without mastering them).

Don't worry about it man you will get it. You just haven't had enough time to practice. It takes a while to really get the feel for.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 11:04am (PST)
quote Kratos
Everything isn't that bad on Evil until you get to Zahvert. I'm not sure if the levels caught up to me there or if the enemies got a lot harder, but I feel like every fight I have a good chance of dying.

I'm currently level 41 about to tackle the Tower in Zahvert, and I'm a little hesitant about going in. So grind up a little before you leave Yu Liberte.
Those monsters were at first kicking me so hard when I got to Fendel. Specially those Harpy monsters, so darn annoying. They kept knowing down my characters. Luckily, after a few hours grinding levels and titles and tempering weapons they weren't so painful anymore. I could still play in Chaos with no problem.
But I had to decrease it to Evil for Kurt. He's the hardest boss I have fought so far.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 11:37am (PST)
I am getting wooped in the glacial ruins of Fendel on hard .

All my characters are level 65 on the future arc and they just keep surrounding all my characters. I used a dark bottle and I keep running back and forth into one area fighting the same monsters because they give about 8000 exp. I can beat them a few times then I lose a few times then I win a few times. Is that what it has been like for you guys or am I under leveled for hard at this location? My characters all die before me and I spent 15 life bottles just to win a normal battle because they couldn't stay alive. It is so damn frustrating.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 12:05pm (PST)
Honestly I can't tell you. I don't know the gap between Moderate and Hard. I haven't even touched Hard. I was probably around the low 60s at that time, so I'd say you're about at the right level.

Do the enemies hit you guys too hard or is it more of there being too many causing you to get stunned?

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 12:13pm (PST)
The second one is what it is. I am fine because I can dodge the monster attacks unless I make one tiny slip up and I get stunned. My team AI just die and die and die. Malik is always the one to die first. I even tried to use malik insted of Asbel and then Asbel died in like 5 seconds, I don't get it tbh with you.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 12:39pm (PST)
Have you tried messing around with your strategy, or perhaps changing up your lineup?

If too many enemies are your problem, try having more melee fighters to split up the enemies.

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 2:05pm (PST)
I will have to mess around more with that stuff whenever I get the chance. Hopefully it will work.

Author:   Tenshi
Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 2:48pm (PST)
Okay, 2 things.

#1. I'm supposed to be on my way to Yu Liberte or something, but the FAQ I'm reading is taking me on a detour to the Desert Stream (and specifically states that the monsters there will destroy me even on Easy, which, I found out, is true.) I'm playing on Intermediate, sometimes hard, and I'm level 25 right now.

What level should I be (on my way to Yu Liberte?) and what level should I be to defeat these monsters in the desert stream (that are obviously meant to be fought at a way later date)

#2. Is there no option in this game to "Escape" ?

Date:   Apr 06, 12 at 2:51pm (PST)
I don't know about the desert detour. I actually returned there on Level 60 to see what it was like and I still got my ass kicked. I wanted to tell you that via MSN but I forgot.
Try to be on at least level 30. The monsters in the ruins after Yu Liberte are a pain the ass (the boss there is also very hard...).

Dunno about your second question. But I need to know that too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.