Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion - page 13

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51070/t1716639-general-discussion/13.htm

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 9:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion
-------------------------------------------
quote the_FAMAS_pro
quote SpartanNinja
the_FAMAS_pro Ps3 bro though im only like level 27 or something I haven't had much chance to play since i got it but I will pick it back up in a day or so
lol i'm level 22 about to get the eastern armor set....
quote The Pursuit
Was thinking about playing Dark Souls because I did kind of like Demon Souls but Idk. Probably won't be for a while though since I have so many games to play at the moment.
Its definitely 'harder' than Demon Souls was, cause there is a lot of enemies that like to double or triple you and they know when to get behind you and whatnot. And these are all tough even on there own let alone facing 2-3 but yeah. the Story is non-existent at least as far as most games go. you kind of pick it up as you go but it sure as hell doesn't straight out explain things thats for sure.

Don't start as a deprived though lol that was just annoying even if it did turn out all right, I would suggest the wanderer.

Author:   Artirtico
Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 4:31am (PST)
quote SpartanNinja
Only been to the British Isles as a layover to Kuwait but it was raining when we got there and when we left lol.
Haha, yep that sounds about right for GB Hmm, that's a pity you weren't made to feel more welcome though; we're not all unfriendly snobs that like to glare at people over here I promise

Ah, that's understandable in regards to the moving thing; that really sucks about the place's apparent 'deathly history' then - the least you deserve is a nice, normal place to feel comfortable living in for your first longer length home...

I've not played Demon/Dark Souls either actually; could be something for me to try somewhen. I have quite a small selection of games overall - it seems to be that I tend to play the same thing continuously for months on end, getting completely absorbed into it, so as such, I don't end up playing that many different games But then I think the time I spent on the likes of Reckoning, the Uncharted games and the Dynasty Warriors franchise has been well worth it; just the way I role I guess

the_FAMAS_pro I think some of Linkin Park's stuff is awesome but some of it I don't like at all, which kinda makes things a little bit awkward Essentially, I'm not a fan of rap or of the screaming type stuff in music, so it boils down to pretty much disliking the LP stuff that has those elements in, but I like their sound overall, so the tracks without those things I often really like. I'd love to go see them live performing the stuff that I like, but I know there'd equally be a load of stuff played that I wouldn't enjoy so am not sure that'd work too well...

Author:   the_FAMAS_pro
Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 6:26am (PST)
Artirtico True, but the screaming stuff is EPIC!
What tracks i love in LP's new album:
In my remains
Roads untraveled
Burn It Down
LIES GREED MISERY

The rest are good, but these came on top. *Sniff*, I first listened to LP when i was still an immature 8th grader...they've really changed a lot, but in a good way.

Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 8:42am (PST)
quote Artirtico
Haha, yep that sounds about right for GB Hmm, that's a pity you weren't made to feel more welcome though; we're not all unfriendly snobs that like to glare at people over here I promise
To be fair it was a miserable day and we were heading to the field, and there was around a 150 American soldiers rolling into a public airport with weapons (no ammo though). No lie we are literally carrying M4s and SAWs and the like and they still wouldn't let us have nail clippers or knives bigger than 5 inches (13cm).

And there was a few that were very friendly, and the kids were curious but they are curious everywhere. On our way home we went through Germany and they partitioned us off from the rest of the airport. People are taking picture and were sleeping around the airport like hobos cause we hadn't slept in 2 days. Ah good times.

But yeah it was just that once and they weren't all mean.

quote Artirtico
I've not played Demon/Dark Souls either actually; could be something for me to try somewhen. I have quite a small selection of games overall - it seems to be that I tend to play the same thing continuously for months on end, getting completely absorbed into it, so as such, I don't end up playing that many different games But then I think the time I spent on the likes of Reckoning, the Uncharted games and the Dynasty Warriors franchise has been well worth it; just the way I role I guess
fair enough, I used to be the same way but games came out less and were better every year and still every year, and so I picked up a lot of games over the years... currently staring at my 100 something games across 8 systems. In fact except the exclusives on the Xbox and L.A. Noire I don't have any games for Xbox I couldn't get for PS3...

I need to slow my rol cause I have yet to beat a handful. Might I suggest all the fables then? yeah its not stellar but its till a pretty cool game and you will see the heavy influence on KOA, seeing as how its highly unlikely that the IP will survive now that the company is banked out.

the_Famas_pro

quote Artirtico
Essentially, I'm not a fan of rap or of the screaming type stuff in music
I agree with this, except I can tolerate it to a degree if the song itself is not bad or the screaming is not very loud like Avenged Sevenfold.

This message was edited on 2012-06-30T10:25:18-07:00.

Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 3:09am (PST)
I think there are more tracks on the recent Linkin Park albums that I like than their older ones so yah, the_FAMAS_pro I'd agree that the change/progression has been a good one. It's great that they've got a good range of music overall

Ah, Lies Greed Misery is the kind of track that I just don't like at all unfortunately My favourites from the new album would be 'I'll Be Gone' and 'Castle Of Glass' though 'Burn It Down', 'In My Remains' and 'Powerless' are great too

& yeah, SpartanNinja I guess I do have a few tracks where any elements of screaming or rap aren't too pronounced/significant, so tolerating some degree of it is a good way to put it

quote SpartanNinja
To be fair it was a miserable day and we were heading to the field, and there was around a 150 American soldiers rolling into a public airport with weapons
Ha, when you put it that way, I suppose people would be bound to stare and act a little untoward Sounds pretty exciting, though 'airport security' is scary enough regularly, so seeing so many more 'official people' would make people a bit uncomfortable I guess...
Ooh boy, imagining a load of army guys wielding guns being pulled up for nail clippers makes quite a picture I know the security really is super strict when it comes to anything sharp but you'd think some element of logic would be brought into play in such a situation.

That's quite an impressive collection of games you have there and very much agreed that there are a whole lot of good games released; I can certainly understand why people get so many. I still have quite a few more PS2 and Playstation games than PS3's (always just stuck with playstation); I suppose back then, the likes of Crash Bandicoot etc didn't ever take that long to play through and as such I ended up getting more games then than I do now
Ah, quite a few people were relating Reckoning to Fable on first impression yeah, so that could indeed be something for me to try out too

Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 10:19am (PST)
quote Artirtico
That's quite an impressive collection of games you have there and very much agreed that there are a whole lot of good games released; I can certainly understand why people get so many. I still have quite a few more PS2 and Playstation games than PS3's (always just stuck with playstation); I suppose back then, the likes of Crash Bandicoot etc didn't ever take that long to play through and as such I ended up getting more games then than I do now
Thanks you but they aren't all good games unfortunately. And its sad but I think I have every game Naughty Dog ever made, Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and now the Uncharted series, and soon The last of Us will be coming and that looks even more amazing, and whats more it apparently takes place in my neck of the woods. Starting in Pittsburg and ending in Philadelphia, you probably don't recognize those two cities but I live right smack dab in the middle of them so fun times.

But yeah went and beat the original Crash off of PSN and beat it in about 3-4 hours(coincidentally thats how long it took me to beat Homefront and Journey...), a far cry from when I was 8-10 and In wasn't coordinated enough to beat it let alone in 4 hours.

but yes good times.

And yes the Army life is odd sometimes,
"sir can I have those toenail clippers? "
"um but I have a machine gun..." shows her
"I know sir but you're not allowed to have the toe nail clippers "
"... fine "
Its like that everywhere...
And once we were there a few hours they didn't seem to stare anymore.

I must say that I enjoyed the Airports in the UK and Ireland more than Germany or Italy though, seeing as how I can actually understand what you guys say lol. Fun fact airports in Areland have sugns that has Irish Gaelic or something like that.

But anyway enough of my army stuff I have a question for you Oh Great Moderator in the Sky.

I can't access my DLC content for KOA, you think I should just uninstall and reinstall or something? I don't wanna mess up my save files. I have internet access and whatnot its corrupted I think...

Anyway I will play something else and try later...

Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 5:17pm (PST)
Hey, SpartanNinja, Do all army bases have those rappelling towers? my dad has a friend in the army, so when we feel like popping a few rounds, we can head on over there and start shooting targets. I tried out the tower, it was FUN. Just like Call of Duty

Date:   Jul 01, 12 at 9:50am (PST)
quote the_FAMAS_pro
Hey, SpartanNinja, Do all army bases have those rappelling towers? my dad has a friend in the army, so when we feel like popping a few rounds, we can head on over there and start shooting targets. I tried out the tower, it was FUN. Just like Call of Duty
Most of the big ones do... And usually you aren't shooting from the rappel tower itself. You can however pretty much go over at any time and shoot at the ranges as long as a range safety guy clears you, which takes five minutes and they usually say yes.

And I think your trolling but its not like call of duty at all. It was fun though yes. We did ours at Fort Knox in the rain.

If it aint rainin we aint trainin!

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 3:33am (PST)
quote SpartanNinja
quote the_FAMAS_pro
Most of the big ones do... And usually you aren't shooting from the rappel tower itself. You can however pretty much go over at any time and shoot at the ranges as long as a range safety guy clears you, which takes five minutes and they usually say yes.

And I think your trolling but its not like call of duty at all. It was fun though yes. We did ours at Fort Knox in the rain.

If it aint rainin we aint trainin!
NO! NO TROLLING! MY grandfather was good friends with one of the soldiers, a sergeant, up until he died i asked him, but he said even he doesn't know..so we have friends inside the army. But it felt like it, just grab an airsoft gun, preferably a pistol or an MP5K Also, i saw 'Surviving the cut' on Discovery and it was harsh Is actual training THAT harsh or even worse?

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 9:57am (PST)
quote the_FAMAS_pro
NO! NO TROLLING! MY grandfather was good friends with one of the soldiers, a sergeant, up until he died i asked him, but he said even he doesn't know..so we have friends inside the army. But it felt like it, just grab an airsoft gun, preferably a pistol or an MP5K Also, i saw 'Surviving the cut' on Discovery and it was harsh Is actual training THAT harsh or even worse?
May he rest in peace, but naw if your going to shoot something then shoot the real thing. Real guns I mean not real people lol . And yes training is very difficult for those particular schools of the military, I went and watch all of these or at least glanced through it but yeah.
Season 1
"Ranger School"
"US Air Force Pararescue"
"US Marine Recon"
"Special Forces Divers"
"Navy EOD Final Certification"
"Marine Snipers"
Season 2
"Naval Special Warfare Combatant Craft Crewman"
"US Army Sniper School"
"US Air Force Special Operations Dive School"
"US Army Sapper School"
"US Army 160th SOAR (A)"
"Naval Special Warfare Combatant Craft Crewman

Yeah these are highly specialized troops and they want only the best. So It is indeed tough to do those, EOD in particular is VERY long, there AIT in the Army is 18 months... whereas the average advanced training is usually about 2-4.

Warrant Officer training is particularly tough to get into as well but Warrant Officers can be anything but are usually the way to be pilots without being an officer.

Anyway if you see movies about basic training or bootcamp then you are getting the romanticized version, its tough, mindbreakingly tough maybe, but it isn't going to break most people. but they do have suicide watch for a reason I suppose.

So how are you enjoying the tim e the_FAMAS_pro surely your not still going to classes?

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 10:23am (PST)
quote SpartanNinja
its sad but I think I have every game Naughty Dog ever made
Hehe, ah all the Naughty Dog games are pretty great though really; nothing sad there - I don't quite own them all personally but my brother has the Jak & Daxter trilogy which I could have access to, so as good as really Good point regarding the games being that much more difficult back then through being so much younger... it was only very recently that I managed to finally beat all of the time trials on Crash Team Racing in fact Still one of my favourite games of all there...
The Last Of Us likewise looks like something I might be getting from what I've seen so far. Nah, I 'know of' Pittsburg and Philadelphia, but I couldn't tell you much more than that they're cities That'd be awesome if you were to recognise some of the places within the game; even more worthwhile getting then

quote SpartanNinja
I can't access my DLC content for KOA, you think I should just uninstall and reinstall or something?
Oh jeez, ask me pretty much anything regarding in-game stuff and I could likely give you a fairly solid answer, but as soon as it gets into 'outside technical stuff', I'm next to useless Hmm, I can't think of any specific reason as to why it wouldn't be working, so I think re-installing the DLC would indeed be the best way forward. I'm pretty sure the main game file and the save files are separate from the DLC, so I don't think there should be any problems with those...
Hmm, I don't appear to be able to access the Reckoning site any more to check it up on there either... I suppose there's nobody left in charge of it now after all.

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 12:00pm (PST)
quote Artirtico
Good point regarding the games being that much more difficult back then through being so much younger...
one caveat is Super Mario Bros which I can't beat now for my life but could beat it back when I was a kid.
quote Artirtico
Nah, I 'know of' Pittsburg and Philadelphia, but I couldn't tell you much more than that they're cities That'd be awesome if you were to recognise some of the places within the game; even more worthwhile getting then
Its just a rumor as far as I'm concerned but thats what the coming down the grapevine apparently and yes it would be cool to recognize those two and some places in between.
quote Artirtico
so I think re-installing the DLC would indeed be the best way forward. I'm pretty sure the main game file and the save files are separate from the DLC, so I don't think there should be any problems with those...
Yeah I just tried it and it seems to be working fine but I'll see. Been playing Gravity Rush anyway.
quote Artirtico
Hmm, I don't appear to be able to access the Reckoning site any more to check it up on there either... I suppose there's nobody left in charge of it now after all.
Sad right? Well you can't really blame Rhode Island (?) for wanting to recoup their losses but sad they didn't wait a bit longer.

Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 3:00am (PST)
Looking into stuff regarding The Last Of Us SpartanNinja, a lot of it is indeed saying that some of what's been seen has taken place in Pittsburgh, so that one in particular does indeed look to be in the game It's certainly looking a very visually impressive game and I have no doubts that Naughty Dog will create a great storyline too; I don't know that the gameplay is quite what I'd usually go for, but I'm sure everything will work around it well all the same, and it can be nice to have a bit of variety of course too.

Good to know your Reckoning DLC is functioning fine; I checked my game yesterday too and all was well - took me straight to Gravehal Keep, where I was quite tempted to carry on playing
It's sad as to what happened to the game overall, but losing the main site too is disappointing, particularly the forums - there was a lot of info & discussion on there that's now not available for those people still playing I understand though that nobody would be getting paid to run it or even 'host it', so I suppose it was inevitable. Could mean a few more people might show up here I guess haha.

Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 11:59am (PST)
Well unless fans want to front the site out of there own pocket or ads I doubt we will see a return, as for people coming here, well its odd but I actually stumbled upon this site quite randomly and it was another 2 years before I actually made a profile. Then around 2008-9 it became my go to site alongside gamefaqs.

So as for people coming here its possible but whenever I found it it was fairly low on the google list lol.

I hope they do to, and not just those people who make a profile and post like 1-100 times and then stop, I'm talking about really semi-regular users.

Hell man except for 1-5 regular users per game (minus the new games or those still getting dlc) the forums always become slowed and dead.

Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 2:35am (PST)
It is interesting how that one 'initial discovery' of the site can lead to so much more haha. Can't remember entirely how it worked for me but I know I was looking for Warriors Orochi faqs/guides... would've thought that gamefaqs would've shown up first but in any case, it was clearly Neo that drew me in

With Neo, I find that quite general game searches don't show up very highly in a google search, but quite often if you're looking for something more specific, they seem to be more prominent - for example typing in 'Kingdoms of Amalur World Map' or 'KoA Exploit' gives me a Neo thread as the top result (which I presume is why those two threads have far more views than most of the others)

Very much agreed that building up a community of a group of frequent posting, longer term people is the best (though everyone is welcome of course). It is admittedly more 'difficult' for people to regularly post in forums of games they're not actually playing at the time though, and with so many games out there, you're always going to have people constantly moving from one thing to another, so as much as I dislike seeing any forum that I've posted in become more inactive, I understand why it happens

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.