Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51070/t1716639-general-discussion/11.htm

Author:   Sjakie
Date:   May 16, 12 at 7:14am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion
-------------------------------------------
I was in the army to for 4 years but my gf couldn't take it any longer
I was with the Infantery, red barrets in Holland.Mostly we had M4A1's but i had a Mini-Mi, awesome power

In holland they are very strict about buying/having guns.But weed is permitted here lol

Author:   Artirtico
Date:   May 16, 12 at 11:59am (PST)
quote SpartanNinja
quote Artirtico
ABSOLUTELY! Haha it's brilliant - it's completely my kind of humour and I've not found anything else that comes close to it in that regard, but I love that there're very real and tender moments in it too; balances it all up into a phenomenal program
no... just no.
YES YES YEEESSSS!

Rain when it's warm is awesome, and would indeed form great running weather. Sadly here in the UK, rain and warmth just don't ever happen together haha... I've encountered such a 'phenomenon' on trips to Spain and Florida however; so nice welcoming the rain what with the temperature being so high

Flippin' heck, well apparently adverse to the norm here, I don't own a gun I don't have an interest in them personally - I like my 'historic warfare' too much, so as soon as the swords and bows are put aside in favour of gunpowder/guns, I tend to leave it alone...
I have heard of a 92FS though! The Uncharted series are just about the only games I play that involve 'named guns', with that being my main choice in the Uncharted Multiplayer. My primary method of using it was to blindfire a couple of times and then whack my enemy round the head with it however... somehow I don't think you'd use it in such a way in the Army

Date:   May 16, 12 at 12:21pm (PST)
The weather in the UK is almost the same as the weather in Holland, SHITTY!!

Uncharted i think is awesome, the whole serie.Best PS3 exclusive.
Borderlands i find really awesome to, cant wait for part 2

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   May 16, 12 at 3:16pm (PST)
quote Sjakie
I was with the Infantery, red barrets in Holland.Mostly we had M4A1's but i had a Mini-Mi, awesome power

In holland they are very strict about buying/having guns.But weed is permitted here lol
Props to you bro, but yeah the Army life is not for everyone. But fun fact, the FN Mini-Mi that you used is called the ms49 SAW here. So me and you used the same the thing bro, except most of ours have a collapsible stock. Been in for 5 years now. I'm a reservist though so I only drill once a month unless I'm deployed. I think the reserves have it the the hardest of everyone in the armed forces. You have to maintain your own discipline, skills, and take care of most of your own stuff whereas in active duty they damn near do everything for ya. Another fun fact reservist get deployed more often than anyone...

Oh and as for weed I'm fully aware Mr. Holland. But even if I was allowed here I probably still wouldn't do it. Been there, done that and its not really as great as everyone thinks.
quote Artirtico
Flippin' heck, well apparently adverse to the norm here, I don't own a gun I don't have an interest in them personally - I like my 'historic warfare' too much, so as soon as the swords and bows are put aside in favour of gunpowder/guns, I tend to leave it alone...
I'm a history buff myself. But I like weapons from all ages, particulalry guns cause aside from lasers or quantum level weapons, weapons are at their peak. They can be streamlined and made more efficient year after year but no one has thought of anything beyond what we have now except nukes and thats not very practical.

Anyway I think every American at least, should own one. For home defense, or hunting. Deer is the number one animal killer over here, what with them running out in the middle of the street. And in my particular state you can own a fairly large selection, and its easy as going in, them running a background check, if you pass that you fill out the paperwork and purchase the gun. They are strict on the background check though. Any crimanal record and you better have a good reason or been acquited. (fyi I don't have any but I was behind a guy who had and they said gtfo.)
quote Artirtico
I have heard of a 92FS though! The Uncharted series are just about the only games I play that involve 'named guns', with that being my main choice in the Uncharted Multiplayer. My primary method of using it was to blindfire a couple of times and then whack my enemy round the head with it however... somehow I don't think you'd use it in such a way in the Army
The 92F or M9 in military jargon is and now 20 year old pistol... And for a mid sized pistol its pretty large so if you have smaller hands in may be a tad unwieldy. the p226 (or 8) that the_FAMAS_pro has is what the regular military are going to begin using. and no blind fire doesn't do anything except slow guys down. and As a occupying force you are mostly on the aggressive.

I'll be honest though everytime I entered 'combat' if it can be called that I never even touched the sidearm. I had a machine gun for gawd sake.

Btw Uncharted is pretty awesome. I finished the 3rd one about a month ago and am currently playing the vita one. And the vita one looks like sex. seriously its surprisingly nice.

quote Sjakie
We can have nice weather around PA ( I only say my state cause weather varies wildy depending where you are at.), mostly temperate but hot summer, cold winter. Beautiful rain most of the time.

quote Sjakie
DO WANT bad. PS3? we should play together if you want. Its not quite as fun by yourself. and my old PS3 bricked so I'm trying to build my friends list (and my trophys) back up. Everyone else is welcome too.

the_FAMAS_pro dude I'm warning you Dark Souls is difficult. The only reason I managed to make it though Demon Souls is sheer perseverance but I still grimace when I look at the game. At the end the cutscene is pretty meh but you are filled with this huge sense of accomplishment. And true masochist try no dying playthroughs. poor bastards.

Author:   the_FAMAS_pro
Date:   May 16, 12 at 5:09pm (PST)
quote SpartanNinja
quote Sjakie

Props to you bro, but yeah the Army life is not for everyone. But fun fact, the FN Mini-Mi that you used is called the ms49 SAW here. So me and you used the same the thing bro, except most of ours have a collapsible stock. Been in for 5 years now. I'm a reservist though so I only drill once a month unless I'm deployed. I think the reserves have it the the hardest of everyone in the armed forces. You have to maintain your own discipline, skills, and take care of most of your own stuff whereas in active duty they damn near do everything for ya. Another fun fact reservist get deployed more often than anyone...

Oh and as for weed I'm fully aware Mr. Holland. But even if I was allowed here I probably still wouldn't do it. Been there, done that and its not really as great as everyone thinks.
quote Artirtico
I'm a history buff myself. But I like weapons from all ages, particulalry guns cause aside from lasers or quantum level weapons, weapons are at their peak. They can be streamlined and made more efficient year after year but no one has thought of anything beyond what we have now except nukes and thats not very practical.

Anyway I think every American at least, should own one. For home defense, or hunting. Deer is the number one animal killer over here, what with them running out in the middle of the street. And in my particular state you can own a fairly large selection, and its easy as going in, them running a background check, if you pass that you fill out the paperwork and purchase the gun. They are strict on the background check though. Any crimanal record and you better have a good reason or been acquited. (fyi I don't have any but I was behind a guy who had and they said gtfo.)
quote Artirtico
The 92F or M9 in military jargon is and now 20 year old pistol... And for a mid sized pistol its pretty large so if you have smaller hands in may be a tad unwieldy. the p226 (or 8) that the_FAMAS_pro has is what the regular military are going to begin using. and no blind fire doesn't do anything except slow guys down. and As a occupying force you are mostly on the aggressive.

I'll be honest though everytime I entered 'combat' if it can be called that I never even touched the sidearm. I had a machine gun for gawd sake.

Btw Uncharted is pretty awesome. I finished the 3rd one about a month ago and am currently playing the vita one. And the vita one looks like sex. seriously its surprisingly nice.

quote Sjakie
We can have nice weather around PA ( I only say my state cause weather varies wildy depending where you are at.), mostly temperate but hot summer, cold winter. Beautiful rain most of the time.

quote Sjakie
DO WANT bad. PS3? we should play together if you want. Its not quite as fun by yourself. and my old PS3 bricked so I'm trying to build my friends list (and my trophys) back up. Everyone else is welcome too.

the_FAMAS_pro dude I'm warning you Dark Souls is difficult. The only reason I managed to make it though Demon Souls is sheer perseverance but I still grimace when I look at the game. At the end the cutscene is pretty meh but you are filled with this huge sense of accomplishment. And true masochist try no dying playthroughs. poor bastards.
Awww come on, i'm a freaking masochist . Anyway, we should go online in Borderlands 2..planning to go PS3.

Date:   May 16, 12 at 5:23pm (PST)
quote the_FAMAS_pro
Awww come on, i'm a freaking masochist . Anyway, we should go online in Borderlands 2..planning to go PS3.
still got 4 months for that. Dark Souls is an PS3 exclusive but I don't know whether B2 and DS are worth shelling out for a PS3, but the way the Playstation network is actually getting as good and possibly even better than XBL, and its Bluray features make it my go to and except for a few xbox and PC games and exclusives I usually buy games for my PS3.

Fun fact Microsoft's is about to pay royalties to Sony to use their Bluray tech, as an expansion for the 360 and supposedly its next system too.

If you have any questions about the PS3 I can probably answer.

Dude You mention Dragon's dogma... wow. How did I miss this? Its looks pretty beast.

Date:   May 16, 12 at 6:35pm (PST)
quote SpartanNinja
quote the_FAMAS_pro
still got 4 months for that. Dark Souls is an PS3 exclusive but I don't know whether B2 and DS are worth shelling out for a PS3, but the way the Playstation network is actually getting as good and possibly even better than XBL, and its Bluray features make it my go to and except for a few xbox and PC games and exclusives I usually buy games for my PS3.

Fun fact Microsoft's is about to pay royalties to Sony to use their Bluray tech, as an expansion for the 360 and supposedly its next system too.

If you have any questions about the PS3 I can probably answer.

Dude You mention Dragon's dogma... wow. How did I miss this? Its looks pretty beast.
Yeah, Dragon's Dogma is awesome.

Date:   May 17, 12 at 7:06am (PST)
Yup, planning to go PS3 to, just have to wait 4 months

The demo of Dragon's dogma was quite nice, maybe worth buying.

Date:   May 17, 12 at 8:17am (PST)
quote Sjakie
Yup, planning to go PS3 to, just have to wait 4 months

The demo of Dragon's dogma was quite nice, maybe worth buying.
PROBABLY?
Anyway, some Stuck-up priest decided to temp ban Diablo III here in the Philippines.

BITCH PLEASE, DIABLO II IS OUT FOR 12 YEARS AND YOU NEVER COMPLAINED IT WAS TOO 'ANTI-CHRIST'. OH, AND WE JUST SHOULD JUST BURN THE DISC TO PLEASE GOD?! YES, I AM CHRISTIAN, BUT FATHER WHOEVER THE HELL-YOU-ARE GIVE ME 2000 PESOS AND I WILL BURN MY DISC. (which is the cost of the game)

Date:   May 17, 12 at 10:16am (PST)
Dragon's Dogma is something I need to look more into I think - don't want to get any more games at current since I've got Warriors Orochi 3 waiting to be played if I ever decide to stop playing Reckoning, but for a future game to play, DD looks intriguing

& I'm a huge fan of the Uncharted series! I don't typically play 'gun games' but the characters and storyline (plus the historically/mythology based backstories) really won me over Uncharted 2 is by far my most played PS3 game (due to the MP) and I love Uncharted 3 as well; it's only due to the likes of Reckoning and a couple of my Dynasty Warrior games that I'm likely not still playing it now I don't have a Vita so haven't played the Uncharted game on that, but it does look good too.

Not counting 'computers', aside from a gameboy, I've only ever had a Playstation for when it comes to games, right back to the original Playstation, so I can't comment too much on different consoles, other than that I've always been perfectly content just having a Playstation

quote SpartanNinja
Anyway I think every American at least, should own one. For home defense, or hunting.
Fair point there yes; you're more likely to have use for a gun over there than here. And there's no denying that guns nowadays are fantastically designed and crafted, very much at the upper reaches of technology. It's just all about dualing warriors, ancient battle strategy, 'steel on steel' as it were that gets me going; not that I'd want to see any sort of warfare happening these days, but in terms of looking back

Date:   May 17, 12 at 11:43am (PST)
Borderlands is by far my most played PS3 game

But my most favourite game all time would be Zelda, Ocarina Of Time FTW!!!

Date:   May 17, 12 at 1:10pm (PST)
Ah, I know somebody else who is obsessed with Zelda Besides having a quick play on that such person's Zelda game, I've not played any of them. mainly through not having the console required. I think I could probably enjoy them if I got into it all properly, but there are plenty of other games that I feel more attracted too all the same

I'd have trouble picking an absolute favourite game actually. My favourite series/franchise is Dynasty Warriors and the other associated games, but as individual games, I not sure if any of them would be right at the top - some of them would be very close no doubt (Dynasty Warriors 3, 5, 7, Warriors Orochi) but all have certain slightly negative elements, which could prevent them from taking the title. Uncharted 2 would be right up there and so would Crash Team Racing, which is by far the greatest PS1 game of all time in my opinion, so I guess it would be out of those 6 Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC) would be up there too thinking about it...

& what about Reckoning! Nah, it would feature quite highly in my list, but not quite up with the 'elites'.

Date:   May 17, 12 at 1:15pm (PST)
quote the_FAMAS_pro
BITCH PLEASE, DIABLO II IS OUT FOR 12 YEARS AND YOU NEVER COMPLAINED IT WAS TOO 'ANTI-CHRIST'. OH, AND WE JUST SHOULD JUST BURN THE DISC TO PLEASE GOD?! YES, I AM CHRISTIAN, BUT FATHER WHOEVER THE HELL-YOU-ARE GIVE ME 2000 PESOS AND I WILL BURN MY DISC. (which is the cost of the game)
Chill dude... Your unlikely to even be able to log on anytime soon anyway.
quote Artirtico
I'm a huge fan of the Uncharted series! I don't typically play 'gun games' but the characters and storyline (plus the historically/mythology based backstories) really won me over Uncharted 2 is by far my most played PS3 game (due to the MP) and I love Uncharted 3 as well; it's only due to the likes of Reckoning and a couple of my Dynasty Warrior games that I'm likely not still playing it now I don't have a Vita so haven't played the Uncharted game on that, but it does look good too.

Not counting 'computers', aside from a gameboy, I've only ever had a Playstation for when it comes to games, right back to the original Playstation, so I can't comment too much on different consoles, other than that I've always been perfectly content just having a Playstation
I have owned nearly ever system at some point and have a closet pretty much devoted to all that crap. PS3 is ftw for me though. Its going to outlive the 360 by far.

quote Artirtico
Fair point there yes; you're more likely to have use for a gun over there than here. And there's no denying that guns nowadays are fantastically designed and crafted, very much at the upper reaches of technology. It's just all about dualing warriors, ancient battle strategy, 'steel on steel' as it were that gets me going; not that I'd want to see any sort of warfare happening these days, but in terms of looking back
Strategy is still their just altered based on the arms of the time.

I think humanity is overdue for an extinction event. or a zombie apocalypse to thin out the stupid and unfit. seriously, the stupidity is appalling, and there is not enough intelligence to balance it out.

I'd never wish it on anybody (except a few) but I wouldn't object to it happening either.

quote Sjakie
The 3DS version is exactly the same with the same glitches and everything but now it also looks really pretty and optional 3D. Bot my fav of all time though.

Date:   May 17, 12 at 1:24pm (PST)
quote Sjakie
The 3DS version is exactly the same with the same glitches and everything but now it also looks really pretty and optional 3D. Bot my fav of all time though.
U Sir, have good taste

Date:   May 17, 12 at 1:40pm (PST)
quote Sjakie
U Sir, have good taste
Now that I said that I am suddenly flooded with every awesome game I have ever played. and I feel myself thinking about how some might edge out OoT. Metal Gear and Final Fantasy come to mind. Hmmm.... I might have to go back on what I said....

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.