Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Starsky & Hutch - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51/t341014-starsky-hutch/

Author:   Furyion
Date:   Jan 27, 04 at 6:50pm (PST)
Subject:   Starsky & Hutch
-------------------------------------------
The new Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson movie. The description goes something like this...

In Starsky & Hutch, the origins of the charismatic crime-fighting duo David Starsky and Ken "Hutch" Hutchinson are explored when these undercover Bay City detectives are partnered for their very first assignment. Ben Stiller plays the tightly wound Detective David Starsky who is thrown together with Owen Wilson's easygoing Detective Ken Hutchinson on a high-stakes case. Platinum-selling rapper and actor Snoop Dogg plays their savvy street informant Huggy Bear. Vince Vaughn also joins the cast as Reese Feldman, a smooth-talking entrepreneur with an eye towards the future.

The poster looks funny and I remember this show a pretty good 70's cop show. The movie looks pretty funny. Just wanted to see what everyone's take on it was.

Author:   Daisy
Date:   Jan 27, 04 at 7:05pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Starsky & Hutch
I saw a commercial for this this weekend and it looks VERY funny! I have a feeling it will be shown this weekend during the SuperBowl commercial blitz.

Starsky and Hutch Offical Website

This message was edited by Crazy Daisy on Jan 27 2004.

Author:   TheGameHHH214
Date:   Mar 06, 04 at 3:31am (PST)
I saw this tonight and it was pretty freakin' funny. Vince Vaughn plays a drug lord that is trying to deal cocaine throughout Bay City. Snoop Dogg and Will Ferrell put on a great performance. Carmen Electra and Amy Smart are in there for eye candy, nothing else. If you're a big fan of the old series then it may offend you or it may rub you. By the way, don't forget to stay and watch the outtakes.

Spoilers:

Will Ferrell and the dragon stare was hilarious. Also it was hilarious when Starsky was pouring himself some coffee and used cocaine thinking it was sugar and got himself high.

The little Asian boy throwing knives at them was funny and also when Starsky was playing Russian Roulette and didn't know there was a bullet in the gun. The double-team kissing scene with Carmen Electra and Amy Smart was hot. It was funny when they went to jump on top of the boat with the car and went right over it into the water. Snoop Dogg and the 9 iron was great. The end was pretty cool seeing the old stars of the TV series with the new ones.

Author:   Keith Nallawalla
Date:   Mar 06, 04 at 8:22am (PST)
i really liked will, ben stiller and owen in zoolander together, and snoop dogg is really funny, i saw an ad for this on a site a few days ago, it looks really cool, i've never seen the original series though

Author:   trendyskaman
Date:   Mar 06, 04 at 6:38pm (PST)
Is it a lot like Zoolander? I liked that kind of comedy, and the guys from Old School and Road Trip have been on a kind of streak lately with really funny movies.

Author:   GTA Addict
Date:   Mar 07, 04 at 8:06pm (PST)
After seeing the previews for this I'm definitely going to see it. Look at the last movie (I think) Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson did together (Zoolander) it was a masterpiece and I bet Starsky and Hutch will be too.

Author:   Miss Razz
Date:   Mar 14, 04 at 3:33am (PST)
They've done, like, 5 movies together, and they've all been good. I'm definatluy gonna go and see Starsky & Hutch

Author:   trendyskaman
Date:   Mar 14, 04 at 5:21am (PST)
I saw it tonight and it was worth the hype. Definite comedic magic between Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller, these guys have got to keep doing movies together. Not surprisingly Will Ferrell got the best lines as Big Earl.

Author:   demon buttercup
Date:   Mar 14, 04 at 2:34pm (PST)
it looks great, im defintely going to see it when it gets released over here. starsky and hutch have always ruled anyway!

Author:   Slayerholic17
Date:   Mar 15, 04 at 6:46pm (PST)
It was an awesome movie. Do it! Do it!! lol. I love Owen Wilson anyway, and Zoolander was awesome so i had to see this one. What other movies were Ben and Owen in together?? I thought it was just this and Zoolander...

Author:   Mario Man
Date:   Mar 22, 04 at 7:36pm (PST)
I want to go see this. I just don't want it to be a flop. I'll probably see it this weekend, it looks good and the two main actors are excellent in previous movies. I never saw the Tv Show because I'm only thirteen but I know about Starsky and Hutch. The adverts I've seen look great.

Author:   Irish Gamer
Date:   Mar 22, 04 at 7:52pm (PST)
'Dude, which one do you want, 'coz we gotta stick to this.'
'I've always had a thing for blondes...'
'Good, coz I'll take anything.'

It was a brilliant film, the best I've seen in a while! Will Ferrel was brilliant, as was Snoop Dogg. Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller just go well together, all their movies have been great!

Author:   Mercurius
Date:   Mar 23, 04 at 12:02am (PST)
I recently saw Starsky and Hutch and it was actually quite mediocre i found it quite amusing though and i do recommend it, it probably just wasnt my fav type of film.

Author:   anluan04
Date:   Apr 13, 04 at 7:18pm (PST)
I saw this last Thursday an it was absolutely hilarious. One of the best bits was when Starsky plays russian roulette with that foreign guy. The look on Starsky's face when he saw the bullet in the gun was priceless. The whole cast were extremely funny. I'd reccomend it. The whole theatre was in stitches.

Author:   Boontz_Lottie
Date:   May 27, 04 at 10:01am (PST)
I saw this on the weekend... Do it! Do it!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.