Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Planes, Trains & Automobiles - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51/t202360-planes-trains-automobiles/

Author:   wetwilliex2
Date:   Mar 13, 03 at 2:48am (PST)
Subject:   Planes, Trains & Automobiles
-------------------------------------------
Trains, planes, and automobiles has to be the greatest movie ever. Since it stars John Candy, one knows its going to be hilarious. My favorite scene is when the car goes between the two tractor trailers and neil turns into satan lol. what does everyone else think? b/c this movie is definately a classic

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Mar 13, 03 at 2:53am (PST)
Subject:   re: Trains, planes, and automobiles
Hey wetwilliex2 nice to see you post once for a change... on topic I like the part where the car blows up and when the guys snores in the bed! Classic!

Author:   Love_Media
Date:   Mar 13, 03 at 3:18am (PST)
"Those aren't pillows!"

This movie definetly a comedy classic. Not only is it hillarious but I also found it to be deeply moving. I had great sympathy for John Candy's character; I cried at the end when you find out.. SPOILER
He's Homeless

Author:   tripleDot
Date:   Mar 13, 03 at 9:20am (PST)
quote Love_Media
This movie definetly a comedy classic. Not only is it hillarious but I also found it to be deeply moving. I had great sympathy for John Candy's character; I cried at the end when you find out.. SPOILER
He's Homeless
I have to agree with that, although without the crying.

One of my favorite scene was Steve Martin washing his face in the basin with Candy's socks.

Author:   EVILDEAD88
Date:   Mar 15, 03 at 4:40am (PST)
quote tripleDot
quote Love_Media
He's Homeless
I have to agree with that, although without the crying.

One of my favorite scene was Steve Martin washing his face in the basin with Candy's socks.
Actually, it was his underwear. I like it when Steve Martin cusses out that lady at the airport about his rental car.

Author:   deusdragon
Date:   Mar 17, 03 at 10:26am (PST)
No. The best part is when Steve and John are talking to that country bumpkin guy.

"Train don't run outta Witchita. 'Lessn you a hog, or a cattle. People train run outta *snorts* Stubbville."

God that is so f'n funny. Oh god, I can't stop laughin. Whoo. That's nice. Thanks to all for making me think of that. I haven't had a laugh like that in ages.

Author:   Golden sun02
Date:   Mar 17, 03 at 11:08am (PST)
Classic Comedy for sure.

I like the part when his hired car was stolen and he was talking to that secretary.

Author:   G old Berg
Date:   Dec 09, 03 at 7:22pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Great to see some fans of the film! It is my 5th Favourite film. Steve Martin is hilarious and it was my first time seeing John Candy. I saw this in 1996 but it was on last night on Sky 1 was it? Great movie.

Author:   Dark Literature
Date:   Dec 11, 03 at 3:37am (PST)
This film is a classic. Quite humorous indeed. Good to see on television around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Author:   Lavitz
Date:   Nov 21, 12 at 6:26am (PST)
Movie Club Bump

Author:   Styot
Date:   Nov 23, 12 at 2:38am (PST)
Absolute classic, I love John Candy especially in this movie. If any one hasn't seen it's well worth watching. Those aren't pillows!!

Author:   Lavitz
Date:   Nov 26, 12 at 9:06am (PST)
I never was much of a fan of Steve Martin, to be quite honest. It's been hard to make the time to sit down and watch this. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the clip of the car exploding and he and John Candy's character arguing about his wallet, from things such as Scene-It or catching it on TV. I just don't find it (or Steve Martin) very funny. I know I'm basing this post off of a single scene, but I don't know. I'm going to try to maybe watch this tonight. If I get through it, great. If not....sorry The Living Angelus.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Nov 26, 12 at 9:52pm (PST)
I prefer the road movie antics of Midnight Run, if they're comparable on that level. Not because anyone can outdo the nuisance John Candy role (they can't) but because DeNiro is a much better 'straight man' and bounty hunter chases are more fun.

But whatever. Plenty of good stuff here. Sometimes chuckle when remembering anything in the hotel, or the one scene where they argue about playing with balls.

Author:   Styot
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 5:12am (PST)
quote Lavitz
I never was much of a fan of Steve Martin, to be quite honest.
I kinda agree with you about Steve Martin, I've never found him that funny either, but John Candy is the star attraction here.

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 4:21pm (PST)
John Candy's speech is even more painful to watch years after his death than when he was alive. Gets me every time.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.