Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Frank & Robot - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51/t1847182-frank-robot/

Author:   Palantean Writer
Date:   Mar 29, 13 at 2:34pm (PST)
Subject:   Frank & Robot
-------------------------------------------
This film is good fun, more so than you might expect on learning that Frank is an ageing man living alone and starting to show signs of dementia. Frank also used to be a burglar in his younger days and misses the rebellion of it. He resents his son coming and checking up on him so the son eventually relents and buys Frank a medical aid - a robot, to keep Frank on a healthy diet, mental stimulation and exercise regime.

At first Frank can't stand his robot. Like any sane retiree, he wants to eat too much salt, drink a bit and go to bed at a time of his own choosing. But Robot (the robot is never given an actual name) has it all programmed in. And endless patience. Well, he is a robot...

Robot has all the instructions to keep an old man healthy programmed in, but he has no programming to do with the ethics of burglary. Frank soon works out how to get his new companion to help him feel young again.

Definitely worth a look.

Author:   Kafani
Date:   Mar 30, 13 at 5:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: Frank & Robot
Saw this movie recently. It wasn't really stand-out for me, but it was fairly entertaining. I was glad to see them focus more on the drama/comedy aspect as opposed to the sci-fi concept, because a lot of the robot's behaviors and mannerisms were too human-like, especially since this movie is only supposed to be set like what, ten years in the future?

Author:   Mister MacPhisto
Date:   Aug 04, 14 at 1:00pm (PST)
Celes Leonhart, you seen this? I saw a trailer on my copy of Lockout and thought it looked like a lot of fun.

Author:   Harvest Moon girl
Date:   Aug 04, 14 at 1:01pm (PST)
It's available for streaming on Netflix (US). This has been on my "To Watch" list for ages since there was an independent movie theatre near my university and they showed the previews for this.

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Aug 04, 14 at 2:11pm (PST)
Isn't that that one Honda robot?

Date:   Aug 04, 14 at 3:08pm (PST)
Shinobi_razor

I just know it's not a transformer, gundam, or droid. So I guess that leaves terminator or gobot.

Date:   Aug 04, 14 at 4:17pm (PST)
If it's a terminator then Frank should go buy a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Author:   Kinetic
Date:   Aug 04, 14 at 4:38pm (PST)
My roommate watched this a while back on Netflix and he said he really enjoyed it. Been meaning to watch it ever since I saw the trailer for it. Not a huge Langella fan but loved him in Frost/Nixon, so I know he's very talented.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Aug 05, 14 at 4:34am (PST)
Definitely like the look of this. My kind of film, had never heard of it. It's weird though because I was sure the Robot was Kevin Spacey and I was annoyed they'd cast him in the same role. Turns out it's not. Rewatching the trailer I still think it is.

Date:   Aug 05, 14 at 7:33am (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
If it's a terminator then Frank should go buy a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
And now I'm thinking Fallout 3.

I'm typically a sucker for Langella, have been ever since I saw him in Zorro and Masters as a kid. After all, how could I not like someone who I thought had the chops to pull off one of my fave childhood heroes and villains?

Nah, Peter Sarsgaard as the robot Celes Leonhart. I kept wanting it to be Frank Welker though.

Date:   Aug 05, 14 at 10:40am (PST)
quote Mister MacPhisto
Been playin New Vegas lately. Chuck Norris is carving a path of wanton destruction around the Mojave

Date:   Aug 05, 14 at 12:00pm (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
quote Mister MacPhisto
Been playin New Vegas lately. Chuck Norris is carving a path of wanton destruction around the Mojave
I've still not unsealed that. Got the version with like all the DLC too. I'm such a chump.

And I loved what I saw for Sinatra alone.

But anyway...

When I watched the trailer a second time all I could think was where's Diaz because of that movie The Box.

Author:   Harvest Moon girl
Date:   Sep 12, 14 at 10:44am (PST)
Saw this last night. The film was nice though it didn't really engender much of a reaction. The robot's voice/manner of speaking completely freaked me out. Definitely didn't suspect the plot twist.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.