reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51/t1782304-enders-game/

Author:   Lavitz
Date:   Oct 26, 12 at 11:42am (PST)
Subject:   Ender's Game
-------------------------------------------
quote IMDB
Director: Gavin Hood
Writers: Gavin Hood (screenplay), Orson Scott Card (novel)

Release: November 1st, 2013 (tentative)

Plot: 70 years after a horrific alien war, an unusually gifted child is sent to an advanced military school in space to prepare for a future invasion.

Cast: Harrison Ford, Abigail Breslin, Ben Kingsley, Asa Butterfield, Hailee Steinfeld, Viola Davis

I just started reading this book and I'm enjoying it so far. Didn't realize how far along they were with the production of the film, already having a full cast and possibly release date. Could be a huge hit. More thoughts when I finish Book 1.

Author:   Matty
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Ender's Game
I just found out about this today, not sure how I feel about it...

This could be great, particularly with some of the casting decisions. All the child actors are proven and all coming off of strong performances in big films (Hugo, True Grit). What worries me is that the actual good parts of the book (imo), won't translate well into film. Elements of the fantasy game and the Bugger homeworld exploration could easily be not represented well in the film, or even left out completely as they're not really important plot-wise. Leaving out things like those are what could make this story a bit one-dimensional and not wholly impressive in terms of science fiction nowadays...

Not to mention that I'm apprehensive of how they'll handle the characters aging in the film (Ender is supposed to start off as a six year old and end up being 13 by the climax(?))

Very early to speculate, but I'm concerned for this project

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 1:05pm (PST)
I've heard that Orson Scott Card has spent years working on the script for this. He's trying to make this the best movie adaption he can make it.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 2:45pm (PST)
They got the kid from Hugo but all I can picture is that boy from Looper. Hailee Steinfeld is maybe Valentine (but probably Petra?), great young actress either way.

Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 2:47pm (PST)
That boy would make a good Peter or someone (the Looper kid), but I can't picture him as Ender.

Author:   Matty
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 3:11pm (PST)
quote Golden Miru warrior
They got the kid from Hugo but all I can picture is that boy from Looper. Hailee Steinfeld is maybe Valentine (but probably Petra?), great young actress either way.
I assume this is reliable, IMDb has her set as playing Petra, with Abigail Breslin (Girl from Little Miss Sunshine/Zombieland) playing Valentine. As I say, all the casting choices seem potentially great. A lot of young talent there.

I would have pictured Looper boy as Bean, seeing as he is actually quite young. But hownow, it's all there on the imdb page done and dusted.

lol at the little Mexican guy from Hannah Montana playing Bonzo...

Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 6:34pm (PST)
I'm only six chapters into the book, so I don't even know who Bean and Bonzo are haha.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 9:24pm (PST)
It's been about two years since I've read the book, so I'm a little hazy on the characters and everything. This was definitely one of my favorite books ever, so I'm very excited to see the film. This was a pleasant surprise to read!

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Dec 05, 12 at 2:22pm (PST)

First two images out.

Date:   May 07, 13 at 10:10pm (PST)

Author:   GuitarMan91
Date:   May 07, 13 at 10:19pm (PST)
I've never read the book but I saw the trailer earlier today and it was not good. I was kind of excited about this movie since I heard it was science fiction. But the trailer was horribly bland. Nothing was eye catching or interesting about it. It really killed my desire to see this movie.

Date:   May 07, 13 at 10:27pm (PST)
I thought the visual effects were pretty great and mind blowing. But I agree it wasn't the best trailer.

I don't buy too much in to trailers, anyway. Sometimes the trailer looks awesome and the film is actually shit (Max Payne) or the trailer sucks and the movie rocks (Push).

Author:   Mouldy Cheese
Date:   May 07, 13 at 11:52pm (PST)
Ermahgerd.

Trailer looks alright. One thing I'm quite glad of is that they aged the characters a bit. It won't really have that same suspension of belief that was required in the books (nor the impact of it) but I think it would have made the movie somewhat less serious. Pretty keen to see how they handle the competitive simulation 'game'. That has the potential to be quite visually stunning.

MC edit: I just watched it again and something jumped out at me.

Author:   Blackgamer2009
Date:   May 08, 13 at 1:30pm (PST)
I'm worried about interest in the film, but can't wait to see if this director was able to nail the source material. The film looks promising.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   May 08, 13 at 3:02pm (PST)
Mouldy Cheese - Yeah, I expect they won't call them Buggers. Too touchy a name, really.

I too dislike trailers that either give away important plot points, feature scenes that aren't in the film, or mislead the viewer. As much as I like Bridge to Terabithia, the trailer misleads people into thinking it is about some alternate fantasy world, rather than it being imagination and all that.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.