Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Cinema Lounge: The Dark Angelus Rises - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51/t1749386-cinema-lounge-dark-angelus-rises/

Author:   Lavitz
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 8:05pm (PST)
Subject:   Cinema Lounge: The Dark Angelus Rises
-------------------------------------------
Cinema Lounge
The Living Angelus: I'm Neo's reckoning.

Cinema Lounge - Now Playing: Miscellaneous Featurette
Cinema Lounge II Colon The Movie Sequel Forum Thread For MoviesSlashFilms
The Third Cinema Lounge After Part II Before Part IV. Part V TBA 2009
Cinema Lounge IV: A New Hope Against ForumTards
Cinema Lounge V: The Forum Will Look Up & Shout "Update The Index!"...and TLA'll Look Down, and Whisper "No."
Cinema Lounge: Revenge Of The Sixth
The DOUBLE OH SE7ENTH CINEMA LOUNGE
Cinema Lounge Something Eight
Cinema Lounge 9 From Outer Space
The Cinema Lounge Ten Commandments
Cinema Lounge X - ONE(138)
Cinema Lounge's Dirty Dozen
Cinema Lounge the 13th - Movies/Films Goes To Hell
Cinema Lounge More Sequels than Hollywood
Cinema Lounge Oath
C-Men: First Class Loungers
Cinema Lounge: Rated 17% Rotten
This Cinema Lounge Is Not Yet Rated
Cinema Lounge: Based On True Events
The Cinema Lounge Diary
The Cinema Lounge Saga: Dawn Breaks Part Twenty-1
The Cinema Lounge Saga: Dawn Breaks Part Twenty-2
Game of Cinema Lounge: Winter Is Coming
Cinema Loungers: Neoseeker's Mightiest Posters
Cinema Lounge: Day 25

-------------------- -------------------- --------------------

Last post:

quote Lavitz
The ONLY reason I suggested replacing TLA's rule thread was because I didn't know the extent of his departure and whether or not he was coming back, and to me, it didn't make sense to have his rules thread, written and signed by him, dictating the forum. Sure, everything in it is common sense, which made it difficult rewriting the thing, but I just felt like it made sense to change it.

His still exists, locked and sitting on a page somewhere deep in the forums, awaiting his inevitable return to the throne.

Author:   ctrl
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 8:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Cinema Lounge: The Dark Angelus Rises
quote The Living Angelus
Neither do I. Every thread you've put those in, including this one, causes my screen to freeze up, adobe to crash and my browser having to reload. It's starting to get annoying.

Plus really, what's the point? Trailers hosted in the header/footer in threads of which people have already seen the movie?
What browser are you using? I use FF and IE9, and it works fine but I can talk to a super about the issue. It's not for people that are frequent members, but it's another resource in the thread. So people don't have to track down particular posts that have the trailer linked. It's already there. And since it's in the footer of the thread, it's not like it's in the way of anything. And I chose that type of video player because I have access to trailers that are usually shut down on youtube, and you don't have to sit through advertisements, etc.

We will work out the kinks, but these are new features being tried out. No one said they were permanent. But no one said they wouldn't be improved, either.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 8:14pm (PST)
quote Lavitz
His still exists, locked and sitting on a page somewhere deep in the forums, awaiting his inevitable return to the throne.
Foreshadowing

I approve of the title.

quote ctrl
And since it's in the footer of the thread, it's not like it's in the way of anything.
Except distinctly in the way of the quick-reply box, so I have to scroll through (sometimes) two trailers to post.

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 8:15pm (PST)
FF. It's the most reliable on my laptop since IE and Chrome crash all the time too.

Couldn't you just put all that resource in the first post? How much more information do they need when IMDb link is conveniently attached to every thread, where those same trailers are hosted + casting info. Just now opening up this thread again, my computer had a stroke and locked out on me again for a minute because of the video at the bottom, which when I open the thread, appears in the header, then reverts to where you have it intended to appear.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 8:21pm (PST)
Yeah. The site doesn't actually have a footer function, so there was a js code added in the header to have it show in the footer. Sounds like your system is jacked. Is your PC not STD-free? :/

We'll take it into consideration. And yes, we will also be editing all first posts and inserting collected resources that have been posted throughout the threads. Maybe I can talk a super into creating a site code to let me use my video player in threads since it is html-based. Celes Leonhart, I can take down the second trailer in the Taken 2 thread. I didn't think that was going to work out very well anyways. Just throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks.

There is probably going to be complaints over Poster Banners in the headers of the threads, too?

Author:   kingy
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 9:18pm (PST)
I like the title. Gives us all the hope TLA will someday return to protect his city forums.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 9:28pm (PST)
Runs fine, but gets overloaded at times, particularly when I go into a thread where it's post after post of youtube videos or .gifs. Then it spazzes out. Some reason those trailers are making it have a fit.

Not sure about Posters. I've messed with them in headers in the past. But my problem is if it's a film that has several awesome posters ala Watchmen or TDK, or something of that nature, I couldn't decide which one I wanted to host up there. lol. Which is kind of what I did with the TDKR thread with the top banner and floated poster on the side. Even then, OCD, I think it looks like a mess, but I'm never satisfied with things, which is why I'm constantly messing with shit too. Ask people in Wrestling, I was creating forum headers daily. Literally. I would host up a header. Keep it for a day or two. Then switch it out. This went on for months. But it sort of became a theme in it's own right, people showing up every day just to see what header I had up, most of them a joke/play on what happened on the show, usually making fun of it.

What do you have planned for the posters, just something floated up there, or some elaborate thing that'll cause my system to crash too...

Anyone buying Deadlight tonight/tomorrow? Another pricey, 1200 point arcade title, but tonight I'll earn another 100msp that'll push me over the price. The game looks pretty damn siiiccck. Debating on whether to buy it, rebuild the msp up or just save them, wait for the game to go on-sale.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 10:10pm (PST)
If you have that ad-blocker installed, just tell it to block the trailers, and if you need assistance with that, I can help.You can leave it on until I work out a better means to host trailers smoother. Or forever. *shrugs*

Well I was either going to fanagle some banners myself, or use the kind that they release with keeping with the same aspect ratio. I could always just steal the ones from apples trailers.

Example:

And the posters in the header will be displayed as they are outside of a movie theater in a "Coming Soon" frame. But in order to fit in a good bit, there are going to be clickable boxes to browse through up-to 3 pages of hopefully 6 movie posters. I think I already mentioned mixing up "Now Showing" with "Coming Soon" posters, to mix things up a bit.

And when you click the poster, the entire header fills with the poster, displaying info on the film, including the cast list, release date, a link to imdb. And with an X to click to go back to the previous header page. Sorta displaying mini profiles for films that Lavitz and I pick out. But I none of this won't be possible without the aid of someone awesome at js like Sonic Flash. I'm still trying to come up with mock-examples.

This is all I have envisioned for the header. I was toying with the idea of just having an interactive header to keep things simple and when your cursor scrolls over the image, it comes to life and plays a clip that its screen capture came from. But that could get annoying, and would probably accumulate to being a 6mb header after everything is said and done.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 6:18am (PST)
And when the Movie forums is ashes....then....you have my permission to demote

TLA is the mod the Movie forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now

For three days you were gone and everyday I hoped you wouldn't come back to the Movie forums because I knew....that there was nothing for you here expect pain.

TLA: *puts hand on Lavitz's shoulder" "You think because you mod the Movie forums now, that this gives you power over me?" (BTW, how awesome of a scene is that? With one hand gesture, the mood of the entire scene is shifted lol)

I had a vision, of a Movie forums without TLA. The regular's ground out a little profit and the mods tried to shut them down, one block at a time. And it was so... boring. I've had a change of heart. I don't want Lavitz spoiling everything, but why should I have all the fun? Let's give someone else a chance. If Lavitz isn't dead in sixty minutes then I blow up the Cinema Lounge.

Can't think of anymore right now. Got bored as hell and decided to post this stuff lol

Author:   The Hazard
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 6:32am (PST)
quote Lavitz
quote Lavitz
The ONLY reason I suggested replacing TLA's rule thread was because I didn't know the extent of his departure and whether or not he was coming back, and to me, it didn't make sense to have his rules thread, written and signed by him, dictating the forum. Sure, everything in it is common sense, which made it difficult rewriting the thing, but I just felt like it made sense to change it.

THROW IT IN THE PIT

Author:   Toby
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 4:17pm (PST)
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tom-hardy-challenges-david-haye-boxing-match-121500244.html

Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 6:20pm (PST)
haha Tom Hardy is such a boss. I need to finally watch Bronson.

Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 9:59pm (PST)
Pft. Bandwagoners. Pre-Nolan Inception: Tom Hardy who? Post-Nolan Inception->Batman: GREATEST ACTOR OF ALL TIME!

Tom Hardy was in that turd Star Trek: Nemesis. So *bleep* him. 'nuff said.

Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 10:05pm (PST)
Yeah. He had some DSL's in that. I don't think I really got on a Tom Hardy kick until I saw RocknRolla, sadly. But after that, I watched what I could. Let's just hope his face doesn't get *bleep*ed up like Mickey Rourke's did from boxing.

Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 4:57am (PST)
I actually liked him better in Warrior than I did in Inception. #hatersgonnahate

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.