Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51/t1694026-dawn-of-planet-of-apes/

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Nov 04, 11 at 2:01am (PST)
Subject:   Rise of the Planet of the Apes Sequel
-------------------------------------------
Andy Serkis Signs for Rise of the Planet of the Apes Sequel
November 3, 2011 - Andy Serkis has signed a seven-figure deal to again do the performance capture for Caesar in a sequel to 20th Century Fox's Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which has earned $453.2 million worldwide on a budget of $93 million.

Deadline says that director Rupert Wyatt's original deal came with a sequel option, so he's locked, as are screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, who are producing with Chernin Entertainment's Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark. James Franco and Freida Pinto are not officially on board yet.

The site has also learned that Fox will wage an Oscar campaign for Serkis's performance in "Apes."

Author:   zanderman
Date:   Nov 04, 11 at 2:02am (PST)
Subject:   re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
REVENGE OF THE RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES: THE MOVIE

Author:   Wysiwyg
Date:   Nov 04, 11 at 2:07am (PST)
...Jihad of the Planet of the Apes?

quote The Living Angelus
The site has also learned that Fox will wage an Oscar campaign for Serkis's performance in "Apes."
Oh hell no...

Date:   Nov 04, 11 at 2:14am (PST)
quote Wysiwyg
Oh hell no...
Just curious... why not? Oscars snub motion-capture work. Aside from Andy Serkis, Doug Jones is another performer who should be credited for his outstanding work, typically always appearing in heavy makeup or doing mo-cap for a film.

Author:   Wysiwyg
Date:   Nov 04, 11 at 2:40am (PST)
The Living Angelus I don't believe mo-cap acting can be accurately judged alongside traditional actors. It seems gimmicky to me.

This technology obviously has a future in the industry and I think it is far too soon for it to be gratuitously rewarded.

I'd at least like to see some decent mo-cap competition to compare the acting.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 9:02pm (PST)
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
I made so much fun of the original title of Rise. This looks like it can work pretty well as a new series of films though. It doesn't even really need Franco (though I personally liked him) to keep going as long as Caesar is on board every time.

Author:   Euphoric
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 9:31pm (PST)
I'm excited for this. The last one was good fun. Names don't bother me either.

No matter what anyone says Serkis is deserving of Oscar consideration. His work is brilliant if anything requires more talent than many straight up actors display. Not that I give two shits about the Oscars anymore. Snubbing TinTin was inexcusable.

Author:   RaThaLoS 123 MhFu
Date:   Jun 19, 12 at 12:29pm (PST)
quote zanderman
REVENGE OF THE RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES: THE MOVIE
Rage

Author:   Cloudstrife87
Date:   Jun 19, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
I see the naming of this series of films is inspired by a certain zombie franchise. Looking forward to "Land of the Planet of the Apes"

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 12:09am (PST)
Dawn of the Land of the Planet of the Dead Apes.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 8:44am (PST)
Director Nabs Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Matt Reeves will direct Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for Twentieth Century Fox Film. Reeves' credits include Cloverfield and Let Me In. He also co-created the TV series "Felicity." Rupert Wyatt left the sequel to his surprise smash hit “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” due to scheduling issues and he didn't feel like he had enough time to properly make a sequel.

The studio previously set a Memorial Day 2014 release for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Scott Z. Burns, Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa are providing the screenplay. Returning producers include Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.
Sounds like a good replacement considering I've enjoyed both those films listed.

Author:   Lavitz
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 9:05am (PST)
Matt Reeves is a boss.

Author:   Fatherbrain30
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 3:20pm (PST)
quote The Living Angelus
Director Nabs Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Matt Reeves will direct Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for Twentieth Century Fox Film. Reeves' credits include Cloverfield and Let Me In. He also co-created the TV series "Felicity." Rupert Wyatt left the sequel to his surprise smash hit “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” due to scheduling issues and he didn't feel like he had enough time to properly make a sequel.

The studio previously set a Memorial Day 2014 release for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Scott Z. Burns, Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa are providing the screenplay. Returning producers include Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.
Sounds like a good replacement considering I've enjoyed both those films listed.
For a general synopsis, they said something along the lines of a contested leadership between Ceaser and the other angry black chimp.

Not to mention the plague.

Date:   Feb 19, 13 at 9:09pm (PST)
Zero Dark Thirty's Jason Clarke set for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
February 19, 2013 - Zero Dark Thirty star Jason Clarke has signed on to star in the upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the Matt Reeves-directed followup to 2011's Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The news arrives courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter and the article also makes note of a few minor plot details.

THR reports Dawn is set 15 years after the events of Rise and finds most of humanity wiped out and the intelligent apes ruling over the world. Part of the film's focus is said to be on a small group of San Francisco-based scientists that are forming a resistance against the apes and part follows Andy Serkis' Caesar as he, like his namesake, tries to maintain order and power within his new civilization.

Featuring a screenplay by Scott Z. Burns, Amanda Silver, Rick Jaffa and Mark Bomback, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes hits theaters on May 23, 2014.
Hmm... I'm starting to think James Franco wont be returning for the sequel. Shame, hope they address it. Perhaps the virus killed him?

Author:   Fatherbrain30
Date:   Feb 20, 13 at 6:02am (PST)
Damn, I actually wanted this film to not take place that far ahead.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.